• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,290
    Options
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,622
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Took me a second, but thats hilarious

I got lazy and Googled it. Still hilarious, though!

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,490
    Options
    TERRIBLE!
    but I laughed. I'm going to the Nad place.
    Or the bad place. I guess they're one in the same.
    t6iuam0qstnj.png
    I disabled signatures.
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    hwcfbf7ig12b.jpeg
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,946
    Options
    OleBoot wrote: »
    7qljlzbddwee.png

Had to google it, thats funny, LOL.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,085
    Options

rirtulo53lcj.png
    A Walgreens in San Francisco, which reportedly gets hit by thieves 15 to 20 times a day, recently started using chains to keep everyday items in its freezers locked away. Shoppers must tap a button to request an employee when they want to get something from the freezers.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,389
    Options
    Many Home Depots are the same way with a lot of items now. PIA!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,946
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »

Tom

Yet we don’t prosecute, just let them run wild in the streets.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    edited July 2023
    Options
    All of the Home Depots near me have most "good" items are behind bars.

Speaking of behind bars, people who are speeding at 100+ MPH on the roads should be. Last weekend just north of Atlanta, Hall County Sheriff's deputy's wife and two young children killed by Corvette traveling 150 mph, sheriff says.

The wreck occurred at this dangerous intersection on divided Hwy 365. They want to make these intersections safer, but not much said about slowing cars down. I noticed the driver of the Corvette lives lived less than a mile from my house.
    alj8t46gevs6.png
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,290
    Options
    George Peabody Library in
    Baltimore.

Wonder how much use it sees

qynv25iqex0i.png
    Sal Palooza
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,106
    edited July 2023
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »

Tom

My brother is a mgr. at a local HD. They've been locking up power tool cartons in cages for a couple of years. He said the thieves knew where the Li-Ion batteries were placed inside each product box. They would simply slice the box open and steal the expensive battery and leave the box untouched on the shelf. He said he's already seen one person with wire cutters trying to cut open the cage fencing. He said the cages have definitely limited losses for the stores.

His store is in a safe suburban area. Nowhere is safe anymore it seems. He has hundreds of theft stories.

He gets so very upset that he can't do much. Each store has a few specialized personnel that are the only ones allowed to apprehend a suspected thief. They must know they have taken something and they must be stopped within the building. So very much is still lost, it's just sad!
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,388
    Options
    Shoot a couple of these thieves and this crap will stop.
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,490
    Options
    I thought this was a Container Store at first.
    Baltimore.

0k43bk7hged2.png
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,077
    Options
    Saw this in some email clickbait thing I get -- and I thought of all y'all. Well... some of all y'all.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/travel/gas-stations/buc-ees-is-not-too-damn-big-its-the-exact-right-size

u11jx2bofxmk.png

• bcwsrt
    Options
    Good one!!

Brian

• Keiko
    Keiko Posts: 764
    Options
    Shoot a couple of these thieves and this crap will stop.

I'm a bit more merciful. I like aprazer's post about fences. I say, electrify them bad boys also. That should prevent what that one thief tried to do cutting into it.

Things are getting carried away in lots of places while the powers that be just go easier on these thugs and let them get away with their criminality. Meanwhile, it's the law abiding citizens that pay the price. I could say more, but y'all know how it goes...

• BlueBirdMusic
    Options
    @mrbigbluelight thanks for a good lead-in for this Chicken structure in Georgia below. I read this story in middle of June and had not found time to post.
    9rx43ifie12a.png
    Baltimore.

The Chicken structure is a perfect example of how our governments work to waste our money.

f301826o2im2.png
    Government At Work Chicken with possibly overnight rental space
    in Fitzgerald Georgia.
    Wonder if it will ever be used

Small Georgia city will keep ‘largest’ chicken, but clips record topiary
    Georgia News
    By Matt Kempner
    June 13, 2023

Fitzgerald city leaders voted Monday night to clip plans to finish what would have been the world’s largest topiary.

But Mayor Jason Holt said the small south Georgia community will keep the metal frame that he says may be the biggest chicken statue.

The rusting roadside attraction sat unfinished for years, raising some local concerns but also garnering national media attention over dreams for the 62-foot-tall chicken topiary. The original plan, championed by a previous mayor, called for overnight rental accommodations inside the beast.

Holt said the project, paid for from a special tax fund, has cost the city nearly $300,000 and it was unclear how much higher the tab could go. The rebar structure and much of the rental unit was built, but adding plants on the exterior to make it a topiary would have added still more unbudgeted bird costs.

Holt said the city council voted 8-0 to follow the advice of an appointed citizen committee, which essentially recommended freezing the chicken: Secure the structure, paint it red, remove interior tanks that were part of a water system, encircle the fowl with a 6-foot fence to keep kids from climbing it, add LED accent lights as decorative flourish, and install landscaping.

Putting feathery-looking pampas grass near the base might eventually make it look as though the big chicken is sitting on a nest, the mayor said. Or so that is the hope.

“I guess we will still be the largest chicken but we won’t have the largest topiary,” Holt said.

Fitzgerald, a community of about 9,000 people about 20 minutes from I-75, has long embraced chickens as its sort of spirit animal. Long ago, wild chickens gravitated to the area. Some residents decorate their yards with small chicken figures. And a photo of chickens is the main image on the city’s website.

Nothing was as big as plans for the big chicken, though. After the project languished, some wanted to tear the whole thing down. But Holt said city leaders have been told that could cost another $40,000, which would have added to what he said was already “a colossal waste” in building the bird.

It was unclear what it would cost to complete the topiary, Holt said. Officials were told maintenance costs alone would have been $50,000 annually, not including staffing expenses. Even then, horticulturists who were consulted predicted that shade from two nearby trees would limit sunshine on part of the structure, limiting plant growth.

“We would have the world’s largest chicken with a case of mange,” Holt said.

City leaders also were told it would be costly to make additions to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act in order to rent out the interior living space.

Still, it’s conceivable that the idea of the Fitzgerald topiary chicken might fly again.

Holt said none of what the city council approved would preclude one day making changes, such as adding plants as originally planned or completing the rental unit.

But, he added, “I don’t see that happening.”

Harry / Marietta GA
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    We've had a pretty interesting batch of thunderstorms roll through today. Nothing too severe, but about 5/8 inch of rain and some nice visuals.
    I snapped some photos towards the end. They're fair at best.
    We did have a faint double rainbow for a little while, too.

53062298116_8eb40578fc_b.jpg

53062482224_c352a66d02_b.jpg

53062298121_a7f14b738e_b.jpg
    (rain on the lens -- oops)

53061715907_5609008e6d_b.jpg

• mhardy6647
    Options
    From a Flickr group called Stick Figures in Peril. :D

52813338819_b3f20f1a13_b.jpgUntitled by Jamie, on Flickr
  • mhardy6647