Post a picture... any picture

Options

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,101
    edited July 2023
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    YEP, It's BAD! If the one dam fails it will get much worse.
    How is your area Doc? You seem to be high of the floor of the valley IIRC, either way it has got to be soggy there. Mud season is in full bloom :wink:

We're fine, thank you for asking :). Some soggy spots here and there. This morning, I noted with amusement that a former impoundment out by the road -- which we liked to call Lake Hardy B) -- has, transiently, re-formed from the outflow of water draining from up the hill on our road.

53038838410_e608ea006c_b.jpg

The little stream at the bottom of the hill (just past our western property line) is running like spring thaw (or even a little stronger). :)

53038829065_f38a7f3eec_b.jpg

The situation for the two dams that were somewhat threatening Montpelier has reportedly improved. As of now, they're no longer expecting overflow from either to occur.

Skies have cleared here, as well, and clearing is spreading quickly towards the northwest.

53038625989_1d4b6c057e_b.jpg

EDIT: FWIW, here is "our" little stream at the bottom of the hill starring in a quick video (almost interrupted by my predictable lack of situational awareness and a passing pickup truck ;) ).

53038445356_68bcee4bd2_b.jpg
    (you'll have to click on it and go to flickr to actually watch it, sorry)
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    our son, who has become something of a woodworker, shared this innovative design with me earlier today.
    https://i.redd.it/this-bundle-of-planks-being-passed-off-as-a-coffee-table-v0-y43wzxwsv4bb1.jpg

8d6kd44b6e76.png

• mhardy6647
    Options
    Just saw this on hifihaven. This is my kind of warning sign.

awna7m9qw6v3.png
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,635
    Options
    Funeral is next week LOL
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,515
    Options
    No males brave enough to attend.
    I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Funeral is next week LOL

Dang it they removed @OleBoot's cartoon.....
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,159
    Options
    Funeral is next week LOL

Dang it they removed @OleBoot's cartoon.....

I forgot to blur out the word a*s in it, that's why. I should know better by now.
  • mhardy6647
    edited July 2023
    Options
    I've taken to grabbing some of those interesting posts for archival purposes. I have, in full disclosure, shared some of them elsewhere,so some of them do live on, in some weird, zombie way. :p:blush:

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,860
    Options
    That plank coffee table is someone's joke.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Jazzhead
    Jazzhead Posts: 528
    Options
    ^^^^^
    The designers put in overtime on that one...
    Polk Audio first generation RTA-12s; 12 inch Polk Stands; DHS Speaker Service upgraded crossovers w/ Sonicap/Mills; the "westmassguy anti-lobing mod" (hyperdamped outer drivers/mirror imaged); tweeter anti-diffraction mod; Cardas binding posts; Neotech UPOCC internal wire; foam-lined inner driver baskets; xschop phase plugs; deleted fuses; Hurricane nuts; Sonic Barrier; Dynamat Xtreme
    Ayre K-5xeMP preamplifier
    Cambridge Audio 840C CD player; Herbie's Audio Lab Super Black Hole CD Mat
    D-Sonic Custom Audio M3a-600M monoblock amplifiers
    NAD 4155 FM/AM tuner
    Silnote Audio Morpheus Reference II Series II balanced interconnects; Virtue Audio single-ended interconnects
    Kimber 12TC speaker cable w/Furez connectors; VH Audio Flavor 4 power cables w/Furutech connectors
    Herbie's Audio Lab system isolation: Tenderfeet, Big Fat Dots, Grungebuster Dots, Little Fat Gliders
    Dedicated 20A/10 AWG circuit; Furutech GTX-D (G) outlet; Furutech eTP80; Shunyata Research Venom Defender; Synergistic Research Orange fuses
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    Yes, the coffee table's a joke. Or possibly art. Sometimes hard to differentiate those two (consider Andy Kaufman and Frank Zappa, e.g.). ;)

We have a good friend whose sister was something of an arty type when she was young. She particularly seemed to enjoy really odd earrings which she often made herself. This was slightly before the rise in popularity of multiple piercings.

One evening we (assisted by alcohol, I am sure) decided to craft a pair of artistic earrings for her. Mrs. H (she was still Miss P then -- or, more properly, Ms P) and I each ate a banana and set aside the peels. We waited until they were good and weathered, black and twisted B), coated them with clear lacquer, and Ms P fitted them with earring hardware. We boxed them up attractively and presented them to her with great glee.

She hated them.
    B)

• OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,159
    Options
    The price is in Ringgit, so it must be a Malaysian joke.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    OleBoot wrote: »
    The price is in Ringgit, so it must be a Malaysian joke.

... so many are...
    B)
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,023
    Options
    My neighbor fixed my PC by replacing Windows with a new Windows. It's working pretty good again.

We've had some visitors hanging around CLOSE in 3 yards on my side. We think there are 3 of these Hawks.

There was also a BIG white headed hawk sitting on our neighbors deck railing the other morning too. We haven't seen it again. It was squaking pretty loud and frequent before it took flight and dissapeared. I'll get my wife to email me her photo/s of that soon.

leg8z84l4bam.jpg

52arptnt1mdm.jpg

i27ub54facfi.jpg

n7jqe2eu9jfn.jpg

nidd02pxpmuw.jpg

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,023
    Options
    Here's what we think is a different Hawk but has been hanging around for a few days also. I think they're trying to hunt our birds, squirrels and rabbits. There's been a few lizards around here too.

8iq6ssdiezmq.jpg

eakwlfwhiqfn.jpg

3ekxgxf6x1t0.jpg

pqcnmk4v8ds6.jpg

ubbx2l6g6pdq.jpg

wls119ru75ve.jpg

tzr15lvtg8r5.jpg

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Keiko
    Keiko Posts: 764
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Montpelier, VT (the state capital) this morning (11Jul2023).

3jo9f5augda5.png
    cssiunmyk4lf.png

source: https://www.vermontpublic.org/live-updates/vermont-experiencing-significant-flash-flooding

WoW! Prayers for the folks in Vermont.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,418
    Options
    For all of you bird lover's out there....

3yfrerl497fo.png

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    How do we know it's a bird?
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,418
    Options
    Because you aren't watching the mainstream media.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Because you aren't watching the mainstream media.

Tom

I donno man it sure looks like a flag......

B)
  • chrispyfur
    chrispyfur Posts: 170
    Options
    xtj3wgnm4g8q.jpg

Hello friends, I hope you're all having a better day than me!
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,457
    Options
    chrispyfur wrote: »
    xtj3wgnm4g8q.jpg

Hello friends, I hope you're all having a better day than me!

How many bodies did you bury?
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus