Network Audio Players/Streamers

Options

Comments

• tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,167
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    Is that when your aurender, cary, lumin, auralic, blue sound, Yamaha, Sony streamers arrive?

I had 3 different streamers in my bedroom at the same time! What a way to A-B ! Or A B C IN That case ! Vega G2 with one minor upgrade playing nothing but ear candy files from my NAS ONLY and couldn’t be happier! I’m sure the Cary will carry its weight just fine ! The all in one thing is too cool !
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,139
    Options
    52uusu8gjh6r.jpg

Skip has a new line....... stream stream stream
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,958
    Options
    WagnerRC wrote: »
    52uusu8gjh6r.jpg

That is a nice looking unit..
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,405
    Options
    Cost?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Toolfan66
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Bottom is a power supply and a Switch is on top..
    Edit, I just looked them up

Looks like about $2200.00 for whats in the picture..
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,112
    Options
    Based on the picture.... 10k? 😛🚀
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • treitz3
    Options
    So? a word clock, a PS and a DAC for 2K?

I don't think so, Skipper....

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • tophatjohnny
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    WagnerRC wrote: »
    52uusu8gjh6r.jpg

That is a nice looking unit..

Looks really nice!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options
    It's 2k without the switch

Silent Angel
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • VR3
    Options
    Great price
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Toolfan66
    edited April 2023
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    It's 2k without the switch

Silent Angel

Yep, not a bad price, and it looks nice as well..
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,139
    Options
    more options is always good.
  • treitz3
    Options
    So, what exactly is it? Switch, DAC and....PSupply?

Tom
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    edited April 2023
    Options
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • treitz3
    Options
    So, server, streamer, switch?

All for 2.2K?

Tom
  • Toolfan66
    edited April 2023
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    So, server, streamer, switch?

All for 2.2K?

Tom

Top to bottom, Switch, Streamer, Power Supply. All for about 2.2K give or take..
  • rebelsoul
    rebelsoul Posts: 756
    Options
    I was going to get a silent angel bon 8 switch but I went with lhy-sw8 , and am very very happy
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,292
    Options
    I wonder how big a difference the upgraded power supply mod makes with the node when you are using an external DAC?
  • VR3
    Options
    When I was using the lumin mini... Going to a linear power supply versus the internal switching was a revelation in my audio journey. The difference was so instant and enormous anyone could have heard the difference. That easy tweak lead me to remove all switching power supplies anywhere in the system.
  • treitz3
    Options
    ....and this was also in part to what lead me to go balls to the wall within my streaming setup. After hearing what just an E cable did in my rig, after hearing Trey's rig?

I didn't need any further convincing. I was sold already. I don't regret a penny spent since then and I have definitely risen to the next level in playback capabilities.

PS's make (or can) a huge difference.

Tom
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,006
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    When I was using the lumin mini... Going to a linear power supply versus the internal switching was a revelation in my audio journey. The difference was so instant and enormous anyone could have heard the difference. That easy tweak lead me to remove all switching power supplies anywhere in the system.

Interesting...I wonder why Benchmark stopped using linear power supplies & went with switch mode power supplies. Interesting read on their site. It all comes down to the build quality, cheap LPSU are noisy, cheap SMPS are noisy.

I'm almost tempted to look for a used sbooster or other brand lpsu to go up against my smpsu. Just a thought for now.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,092
    edited April 2023
    Options
    There are some good SMPS supplies out there, but they will almost always be noisier than a well designed LPS.

Just like Class G amplification will never match Class A or a well designed A/B circuit.

Class G is the amplification version of an SMPS.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,092
    edited April 2023
    Options
    The reason Benchmark changed has to do with hitting a price/performance ratio/higher margins and or to make things more compact. They can dress it up any way they want in the literature, but that's what it boils down to.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    If you’re looking for a Lumin.

7uag6k2z0f6b.png
  • Toolfan66
    edited April 2023
    Options
  • jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    Options
    The plot thickens…
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • tophatjohnny
    edited April 2023
    Options
    carry on my wayward son
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    FedEx Suc/<s. I have been waiting all day, said expected time between 1-5 well that came and gone, then keep saying by end of day, now it says this shipment was tendered to FedEx ground, out for delivery, scheduled delivery date pending. Total BS, I wasted a whole day doing nothing..

FedUp with FedEx.
  • treitz3
    Options
    SNAFU.

Tom
  • VR3
    Options
    lately Fedex for me will change the delivery 4 times. It is pretty ridiculous. I have stopped using them for 90% of my shipments.