Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,527
    I'm still trying to figure out what that white pile is in the background.
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    6mjnh4132jat.png
    All that, but still no vanity plate?
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited February 2023
    jdjohn wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    6mjnh4132jat.png

All that, but still no vanity plate?
    Didn't want to call attention to themselves, you know? :#

Meanwhile, elsewhere in the Wide World of Web...
    https://victortubesurround.com/

q8juucjn0qjh.png

Here are the "specifications" :|

orvrob6vumsx.png

:|

1cshgp2fb764.png

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    If I was into multi-channel? That would be right up my alley!

Speaking of the "balloon"....this came through hours ago....

893xd7fxta68.png

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • mhardy6647
    treitz3 wrote: »
    If I was into multi-channel? That would be right up my alley!

Looks like 12 push-pull pairs of EL84s, maybe?
    So -- you're lookin' at 12 to 15 watts per channel.
    Might limit loudspeaker choices for HT a wee bit... fortunately, there are options.

4vc4lhvirs8z.png

:)

r2roi8mwlaoc.png

pop!
    B)
  • mhardy6647
    edited February 2023

893xd7fxta68.png

Tom

"What China saw..."

7yc2cv4vweg2.png

(ASR)

• mhardy6647
    aicy1zml18ey.png

(also from ASR)
  • treitz3
    Doc....ya' got's ta' have tubes in the mix man. Most HT stuff (like mobile sound) has no tubes in the mix.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    mgtj4kazywzp.jpg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • bcwsrt
    6xe4zo9v8ctj.jpeg
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • treitz3
    Okay, now we are talking about the kind of power supply I am looking for....

Tom
  • bcwsrt
    Kinda like @mhardy6647 thought he had a cardiac event looking at the sausage/cheese/brisket or whatever burger, I’d wonder if I was getting too much electricity exposure being around that. 😳
    Brian

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Been 2 years since the space got better. Still trying to keep it.

3il3jgff8r46.jpg

g1d51lwmi848.jpg

6oe4s2jykpo1.jpg

gvu3g0bfmozf.jpg

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    6xe4zo9v8ctj.jpeg

Damn! Do you have more info on that beast?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• treitz3
    Check out Qsound out of Thailand.

Tom
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Thanks Tom. Not much there really...9000 watts RMS...sound check video with an EQ and something else hooked up. Kind of gives the impression of pro gear use. Impressive looking none the less.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    This raises so many questions. :o

jyjoticnvm22.jpg
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Right... Like why is there a flower pot right at the top of the stairs?
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Photo taken by Jim Herd, former Polk Audio president:

brj50ivo7zs7.png

That's a black diamond run? Pffsh! Nice looking powder though!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902

0kmhyvf1v7c7.png

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • "That's a black diamond run?"

That might be Deep Creek, MD.
  • bcwsrt
    Haha!! I have a friend who has been known to wear sandals when using his chainsaw. 😳 Calls 'em his "safety sandals." 😂
    Brian