Best integrated amplifier for Polk Audio L800? Thank you for the help!

Jarod888
Jarod888 Posts: 61
edited January 2023 in 2 Channel Audio
Hi Everyone,

My current integrated amplifier is Rotel RA-1592 MK2, works fine with L800, but I'd like to upgrade my amp because I love my L800 and want to pair them with the best amp I can afford.

So my two questions are:

1, what's the best Polk officially recommended integrated amplifier for Polk Audio L800?
2, what's the best integrated amplifier for Polk Audio L800 you would recommened?

Thank you very much!

Comments

• marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    what's your budget and what are you looking for in an amp?
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    @Jarod888 why did you ask this in two different threads?
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • While I'm not an officially recognized Polk recommended expert I'll list three...

Coda CSiB V3
    Rowland Continuum S2
    Krell s550i

Also what F1 recommended above...
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,527
    marvda1 wrote: »

It would appear he either booted himself, or was given the boot, so we may never know.
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • When one asks best of, to me that means price is not the limiting factor.

Another yahoo wasting time I reckon…..
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Ban hammer ⚒️ has spoken!
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    Oh, now I remember this is the member who had a problem a few months ago with his microphone and measuring the speakers rather than listening to them.
  • ^ No shite?
    I remember that thread.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    It was quite entertaining.
    Lotsa graphs.
    I kept looking at the URL to see if I weren't still at ASR.

B)
  • bikerboy
    bikerboy Posts: 1,205
    I would love to hear the bat vk 80i with L 800s
    Main system: Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 w/ Pioneer 42" plazma-> Polk LSiM 703 w/Tivo, Marantz tuner, BRPTT: Nothingham Spacedeck-> Pioneer PL L1000 linear arm-> Soundsmith DL 103R-> SUT->Bottlehead ErosDigital: I3 PC w/ Jriver playing flac -> Sonore Ultrarendu -> Twisted Pair Audio ESS 9028 w/ Mercury IVY Vinyl rips: ESI Juli@24/192-> i3 PC server
  • Reason for being banned?
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • ^ Was wondering that me-self…..
  • No. I just remembered that he took a lot of accusations of being a troll etc., and he circled back and let us all know what the cause of his problem was, basically doing a mea culpa.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Reason for being banned?

There ya go again, not thinking before posting.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,786
    I'd like to try the Mcintosh MA12000 and the Pathos Kratos
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • pitdogg2
    What were we talking about?
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,559
    Tubes, I think.
  • pitdogg2
    Jarod8888 wrote: »

I posted in the wrong place first, then I posted my thread again.
    Someone stupid banned my account without even ask me.

Never fear I won't ask either.....
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    L800 bass is far from weak....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,559
    Jarod8888 wrote: »

I posted in the wrong place first, then I posted my thread again.
    Someone stupid banned my account without even ask me.

You realize it could've been an unintentional automatic/scripted ban based on logging in from too many different IP addresses if you use a VPN service, etc. right?

But yeah by all means go hog wild and upgrade from L800 to Wilsons.

Do you still need best integrated amplifier recommendations for the Wilsons, or why did you come back here exactly? Just to let everyone know you have Wilson money? :p I'm really impressed.
  • You dropped five figures on new speakers because you got banned here? 😳😂😂

He’s a great example of how words here can negatively affect Polk’s bottom line.

That’s a member who will never recommend Polk to anyone.

He’s also a member who, when asked, will not have good things to say about Polk and its forum.

Ripples on a pond from small pebbles add up.

We should treat everyone with care, and be gracious and forgiving to n00bs; they know not what they do, and we know better.

The Thrifty Setups in Mah House Big thrifty stereo in the basement w/ my custom SDA-1C (built with help from kind forum members) * Beautiful 1966 MCM GE console upgraded w/ Bluetooth, Dual turntable, and Paradigm speakers in family room * Swanky 1980 Realistic system and great TEAC eq with dancing colored lights in the living room * Ye Olde college stereo in the garage
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,270
    I don't know how the L800 didn't have enough low end for the OP he must have been doing something wrong, like some people saying that the vintage SDA'S don't have enough low end, they are just dead wrong.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    It would have been cheaper to add a sub
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,527
    Said another way, you can't believe everything you read on the internet.

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM