Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    jdjohn wrote: »
    Viking64 wrote: »
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    odzk5dp6hej5.jpeg

This guy was in charge of disposing of all our nuclear waste. Better check his drawers. I think he was snorting some of that stuff.
    Tony M wrote: »
    It has lost its hair.
    They/Them/Their

Looks like 'their' mouth is open, and ready for business...if you get my drift :o:s

You go first....
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    I went (after a long awaited afternoon nap today) and looked up more about this rivalry.....and once again, this is in my state. Apparently they are doing this in Ravenal, SC. This is just West of Charleston, SC.

8ri03fvf0ndg.png

pcjpqwuv5pw6.png

Come to find out, not only was it a friendly battle.....both dealerships were owned by the same guy and he's been doing this for quite some time. Apparently, these signs went viral in 2019 and all but died out with a quick fizzle.

I can't find any information about the war up in my hometown (well before the times of the internet). That went on for years and was quite funny to follow. After a while, the news of the latest billboard was the hottest family table topic and the person who had the latest news was held in high esteem (because they knew before anyone else).

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474
    edited December 2022
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    skipshot12 wrote: »
    ^ Cool….

Recognize what’s being refueled 😬 but, can’t tell if the tanker’s an L1011 or DC-10 😳
    Always mixed up the two 🤪

It's the tanker version of the DC-10 (KC-10) 9z2wzk0xd795.png

It's actually pretty easy to tell the L1011 and the DC-10 apart. The center engine in the L1011 is in the aft end of the fuselage, like a 727, with a big ol' duct gettin' air down to it. The whole engine is mounted up in the vertical tail of the DC-10 (later MD-11).

Both aircraft had a somewhat checkered operational history :# I have pleasant memories of flying on both, though.

DC-10

9fcuy25r7mjw.png

L1011

feegziaq30ug.png

Since we're talking details...correct me if I'm wrong but Mr Grand's "ride" was the little brother of the KC-10...the KC-135 Stratotanker. Workhorse of the Air Force and pictured out front in the following formation during my very first deployment.

oxxqneqqczor.png

Regardless of KC-10 or 135...he'd have appreciated the Santa pic. NKAWTG!!!! (Nobody Kicks A$$ Without Tanker Gas, Even Santa Claus :) ).

Some really cool refueling pics: https://flymag.dk/n-k-a-w-t-g-nobody-kicks-****-without-tanker-gas/

Edit...ok, Vanilla's being a d i c K. Link above is broken because of the cussing bleep in the address. Just change the "****" to "a s s" w/o the spaces when you get to the linked website. Pictures and site are totally PG-13. Would say G rated but some folks aren't into "war" machines.
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    OleBoot wrote: »
    9w5xqkhw850d.png

Begging the question "how do you say "co-op" in Welsh?"
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    zh3smtxhmle0.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474
    I have a cool Christmas card from him (featuring a KC-135) from a long-ago AK "Secret Santa" thing.
    That's cool. You should post a picture of it.
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • mhardy6647
    JayCee wrote: »
    I have a cool Christmas card from him (featuring a KC-135) from a long-ago AK "Secret Santa" thing.
    That's cool. You should post a picture of it.
    Yes indeed.
    When I saw that Santa refueling image, I thought immediately of the card from George -- I do know where it is parametrically :# I think I will see if I can zero in on its precise coordinates tomorrow. I am hoping for some unstructured (i.e., goofing off) time tomorrow!

• mhardy6647
    meanwhile, and on a similar theme, the San Diego Air & Space Museum maintains a remarkable (although not terribly well documented) collection of images on Flikr. I've "followed" them for years, and they periodically upload a tranche of interesting stuff. Today's batch included a bunch of glossy PR style aviation photos from Textron and a group of "Top Gun" photos (not the Tom Cruise kind -- the real kind).

52590088634_de9828b44a_b.jpg015-Textron Aviation Image _C1C0158_3 by SDASM Archives, on Flickr

52589339547_23f07862de_o.jpg038-Top Gun Image topgun_trailer_3 by SDASM Archives, on Flickr

Here's a link to the batch of images
    https://flic.kr/ps/KJmpn
  • During Christmas in the early 70's, I found out one of my cats had eaten some tinsel.

Several couples were over, and Dandy the big black cat named after Dandy Don Meredith comes to greet the visitors with tinsel out his rear with a couple of round balls attached. The round balls were not Christmas ornaments.

One comment was made by a female who I would have sworn never said a "dirty" word in her life. She said immediately, "Those are t*rds on the tinsel". Everyone was more shocked by her comment than the tinsel. Not one other comment was made. Just laughter and disbelief.

If any of you don't recognize the name Dandy Don Meredith:
    ay5teg8zt6ea.png
    Dallas Cowboys and Monday Night Football fame
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,490
    Fancy dingleberries!
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    Does anyone else get these cold texting home investor spammy things? I've started messing with them a little instead of just blocking them.
    rupl1ivydx9w.jpg

I disabled signatures.