Weather at Your House?

Comments

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    It hasn't gotten above -10*F in the last 18 hours. Winds currently NW @ 27mph gusting to 40-50mph.
    We only got 3-4 inches of snow overnight but I am already seeing drifts around the neighborhood over 5-6ft tall.

Glad I got tube amps and a home theater to keep me warm.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    -5 with a wind chill -20. On our way to -11 with winds gusting to 50mph.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    We're not getting snow, just a bunch of rain but when it's done raining, temps are going to drop quickly to single digits so everything wet is going to freeze. That'll be fun when tree branches start exploding

Glad I had those trees taken down earlier in the year.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,490
    Freezing rain for the last four hours and predicted to continue until noon tomorrow. Salem, Oregon.
  • pitdogg2
    edited December 2022
    Right now I'm outside listening to all the house trusses popping from the extreme cold. The whole neighborhood sounds like firecrackers going off.
    Real feel -31
    Took the dog a very short time to do his duty lol. No looking for that special spot, any spot, this spot now back in the house 😂😂
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    47 degrees and sunny in Lake Arrowhead. Tomorrow we head home to sunshine and temps in the high 70’s…

You guys where the cold and snow is… be safe.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    -36 real feel at the moment
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    67 real feel might need long sleeves today
  • pitdogg2
    dromunds wrote: »
    -36 real feel at the moment

Probably close to the same here Don. You know it's cold when morning Doves are roosting in the engine compartment of your truck.
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,636
    Been starting both vehicles every 6 hours to warm up. The cold is brutal on batteries.

s9kl1sb80fsf.png
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • t8c6dhbwfx0z.png
    SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    SDA 1C's w/Clarity Cap ESA; PA, Mills, RD0194-1's
    SDA 2B TL's w/RD0198-1's
    Yaqin MC-30L integrated tube amp
    Yaqin MS-20L integrated tube amp
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    edited December 2022
    A bit cold in west Tennessee as well.

5s1skx88go9y.jpeg
    ay2o14gg1k2q.jpeg
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    Issued for later we usually dont see these types of warnings

Wind chill advisory issued. Bundle up, neighbors: It could get dangerously cold outside from 11 p.m. this evening to 11 a.m. Saturday. Prevent frostbite by limiting time outdoors and dressing in layers of loose, warm clothing. Portions of east central Florida will likely experience very cold wind chills.

What it means for you:
    - Lowest wind chills 16 to 22 degrees near and north of Interstate 4.
    - Lowest wind chills 20 to 26 degrees south of Interstate 4
    - The dangerously cold wind chills could result in hypothermia or frostbite if precautions are not taken
  • Wind chill Joliet -33
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    edited December 2022
    Getting down to 10 degrees air temp overnight here. I still wear cargo shorts and a sweatshirt outdoors until the air temp gets below 20 degrees. One of the benefits of having spent some childhood years in Wisconsin and South Dakota.

:D
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,962
    Getting colder by the minute with strong winds. Already have lost the land line and electric went out for a minuite or so....sure hope we don't lose that much or it'll get chilly in here quick. Have already pulled the generator out of the shed just in case.....
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Yup, we lost power too but it was only for about 5 seconds or so. Wind has picked back up and the temps....while still chilly, have stabilized at 26 degrees. Tonight, it will dip down to skinny dippin' weather. A nice and warm 14 degrees.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,491
    edited December 2022
    Browns play at 1PM tomorrow. I was there for the ice bowl.
    Skipping it this time. :s

Redright88;
    Raiders vs. Browns 1981, -4 degrees (wind chill -36)
    Even though the Raiders play in California, they continue to appear on this list. This time it was a road playoff game in Cleveland, where the Browns lost to the Raiders 14-12. It wasn’t pretty, with seven combined turnovers between the teams, but the then-Oakland Raiders used it to catapult them to an eventual Super Bowl XV win over the Philadelphia Eagles.
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    COLD!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    21 degrees and solid ice :^ /
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    I don't know. I'm in Cabo.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 601
    audioluvr wrote: »

Don't drink the water. :#
  • audioluvr
    la2vegas wrote: »

Where I go, they don't pull their water out of a ditch.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 601
    la2vegas wrote: »

Where I go, they don't pull their water out of a ditch.

You'd be surprised.
  • audioluvr
    You should see some of the hokey electrical ship. I'm sometimes amazed there's not dead bodies lying all over the place.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited December 2022
    dragon1952 wrote: »
    21 degrees and solid ice :^ /

Same here in Wilm. NC. 21*

Our birdbath will get some hot water in a minute to help the birds. Not quite solid but thick just the same.

I put new suet out and filled the feeders. The birds seem to be eating a lot again.

37xkgtg7mgyy.jpg
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.