Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    Tony M wrote: »
    Or you're carrying narcotics at a large drug rehab group meeting. Then it's a bad, bad omen. :#;)

I worked at a large FedEx Express station, 150 trucks plus 70 rentals when I retired. The police used to regularly bring the drug sniffing dogs to walk the belt sniffing packages. Sometimes at night for outbound packages, sometimes early morning for inbound.

They didn't want to risk the dog getting run over by a driver entering or leaving building with vehicle, so they always brought the dog through the maintenance shop. If we had an open bay, he would bring the dog in for a break and throw the tennis ball against the bay door. I don't do drugs but would always think, just go by, just go by...lol

OleBoot wrote: »
    hu7ccyytgbcn.png

Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    Mark, like the reference. Is there any (secret) humor in any of the science stuff, aside from the fact that whatever this is is likely to explode in the COO's face and launch him off a cliff with the cliff outcropping snapping off soon to flatten the COO after he hits the canyon floor?

And did your students get it?
    Meep! Meep!
    I disabled signatures.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    "Introduction to Glycobiology, Part III: The Anvil"
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    msg wrote: »
    Mark, like the reference. Is there any (secret) humor in any of the science stuff, aside from the fact that whatever this is is likely to explode in the COO's face and launch him off a cliff with the cliff outcropping snapping off soon to flatten the COO after he hits the canyon floor?

Meep! Meep!

no, not really. I just thought of Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius when I wrote the question.
    The answer is, of course, is that there's variable region glycosylation in the "new mAb" B)

Do they get it? Rarely but not never. I had a student during COVID (remote classes only, which was nice... no drive to Boston every week) who loved my Monty Python references.

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    edited December 2022
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    msg wrote: »

Meep! Meep!

no, not really. I just thought of Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius when I wrote the question.
    The answer is, of course, is that there's variable region glycosylation in the "new mAb" B)

Do they get it? Rarely but not never. I had a student during COVID (remote classes only, which was nice... no drive to Boston every week) who loved my Monty Python references.

Remote classes? Are they just 5 minutes or a full half hour?
  • mhardy6647
    52567829333_427cab5db9_b.jpgmcl1222_12 by Holger Barske, on Flickr

Looks like the kind of hifi that might negatively impact one's fertility... :#
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Interesting speaker...

zsonvxdrx5ye.png

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I wrote a question in one of the homework assignments I give my "Introduction to Glycobiology" students that features a contract research organization, Acme Labs, headed by one Wile E. Coyote, PhD.
    Well... I think it's funny.

91mr3ztr3ajx.png

ediqr64pofnn.png

Reminds me…
    An old friend of mine wrote his entire thesis to get his degree at UT Texas about the Texas fresh water shark…
    His profession till this day is he is a writer for Hollywood
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mhardy6647
    ^^^ New(s) to me!
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Interesting speaker...
    zsonvxdrx5ye.png
    Tom
    That's the ugly-A speaker they have topping the hifishark home page. All yours, man! lol
    tid1fz65kngw.png

I disabled signatures.
  • treitz3
    That's where I spotted it. Not my style.....plus, I am a full range kinda guy.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • treitz3
    emj7834md890.png

Tom
  • ^ That grille weighed 200+ lbs...... :D
    Dad had a Roadmaster & a Rocket 88.
    My brother and I played football in the backseat.... :#