Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Clipdat wrote: »
    What is wrong with her eyebrows?

Makeup. Some women actually pluck them all out and draw them back with makeup.
  • A little bit of music history in the college football arena. This morning, I saw this story in the AJC. I did not know about James Brown and the original record. I grew up with Georgia Tech in my head, and all I can say are the first words I learned about UGA:

. . . . . . "To H e l l with Georgia" :D . . . . . .

The incredible quest to make ‘Kirby’s Junkyard Dawgs’
    “Kirby’s Junkyard Dawgs” is now available for download for a nominal fee on iTunes or for free on kirbysjunkyarddawgs.net. It’s hot off the presses, as they say.

rvkdfwxnx8xj.png

Georgia fans certainly will recognize the chorus. The melody of “Kirby’s Junkyard Dawgs” remains very much the same as the song that has been known as “Dooley’s Junkyard Dogs” for 47 years. It was recorded by the late, great James Brown in 1975 and has been played at Georgia tailgates ever since.

92w0clbnxi5f.png
    Dooley’s junkyard dogs; Dooley’s junkyard dogs. They’ll hit ya, they’ll knock ya, they’ll haul right off and sock ya.

James Brown was a huge Georgia Bulldogs fan. Not only did Brown agree to do it, he said he’d pay for all the studio and distribution costs and include it on his next album.

Weeks later, “Dooley’s Junkyard Dogs” was born in 1975. Brown would perform the tune live before Georgia fans twice, once Oct. 22, 1977, during halftime of the Kentucky game at Sanford Stadium – with Prince Charles in attendance – and again two weeks later in Jacksonville, Fla., when the Bulldogs played Florida.

"Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    OleBoot wrote: »
    eylmjka8k780.png

That reminds me of my friends old Peugeot moped. Fastest moped of the bunch when I was a teen. Only problem was that we were repairing it or working on it more than we were able to actually ride the daggum thing.

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,471
    A little bit of music history in the college football arena. This morning, I saw this story in the AJC. I did not know about James Brown and the original record. I grew up with Georgia Tech in my head, and all I can say are the first words I learned about UGA:

The incredible quest to make ‘Kirby’s Junkyard Dawgs’
    “Kirby’s Junkyard Dawgs” is now available for download for a nominal fee on iTunes or for free on kirbysjunkyarddawgs.net. It’s hot off the presses, as they say.

rvkdfwxnx8xj.png

Georgia fans certainly will recognize the chorus. The melody of “Kirby’s Junkyard Dawgs” remains very much the same as the song that has been known as “Dooley’s Junkyard Dogs” for 47 years. It was recorded by the late, great James Brown in 1975 and has been played at Georgia tailgates ever since.

92w0clbnxi5f.png
    Dooley’s junkyard dogs; Dooley’s junkyard dogs. They’ll hit ya, they’ll knock ya, they’ll haul right off and sock ya.

James Brown was a huge Georgia Bulldogs fan. Not only did Brown agree to do it, he said he’d pay for all the studio and distribution costs and include it on his next album.

Weeks later, “Dooley’s Junkyard Dogs” was born in 1975. Brown would perform the tune live before Georgia fans twice, once Oct. 22, 1977, during halftime of the Kentucky game at Sanford Stadium – with Prince Charles in attendance – and again two weeks later in Jacksonville, Fla., when the Bulldogs played Florida.

Go Dawgs...............
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    daddyjt wrote: »
    svsv7ql1hrg4.jpeg

Ford Tough!
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited December 2022
    Damn, I never thought I could use my hood and roof too. :o
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,065
    Two T Rexs' Fighting Over A Circular Saw Bench As The Comet Approaches !

i7duzfnegfmg.png
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited December 2022
    OleBoot wrote: »
    Two T Rexs' Fighting Over A Circular Saw Bench As The Comet Approaches !

i7duzfnegfmg.png

Is this the reason T-rex only has three fingers? They were screw ing around in shop class...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    fppenxpgj0kk.png
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,490
    Yeah, what more could you want?
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited December 2022
    Or you're carrying narcotics at a large drug rehab group meeting. Then it's a bad, bad omen. :#;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,556
    daddyjt wrote: »
    svsv7ql1hrg4.jpeg

I used to see these guys on the highway in Dallas all time. Talk about
    An accident waiting to happsn.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson