mhardy6647 wrote: »
    sykeiusgbl8c.png

Shipping might be a little high
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Im probaly the wurst grammer guy'szsz here. When's I getsto tieping? Holy 'smokes bATMAN. I juz go all out and types' what comes to mind. Grammer's be damned!

Tom's
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    edited November 2022
    1966 GTO Cumming, GA

149bi95ogdjm.png

2x0hspfemmyc.png

That was the first nice car I bought myself (not a hand-me-down or an old beater). Paid $550.00 for it in 1973. The farm girl I bought it from was the original owner, she was crying as I drove it away.

MIne was the same 1966 GTO convertible, with black body paint, white conv. top and white vinyl interior, 389 ci V8, 4 bbl. Carter AFB, (afb stood for "aluminum four barrel"), Only drawback was the two-speed PowerGlide Transmission (console mounted). Those vinyl seats were thick and virtually indestructible. Trunk was huge. I had it for maybe ten years. Loved that car. It's still around town, been sold twice since I had it.

Edit: The PowerGlide was reliable and trouble-free, but I just would have preferred a Muncie 4-speed. :)
  • Never been a Ford guy; did not know "F-150" went that far back. Don't look like correct tires.

Got my first Ford about a year ago when my long-time best friend (Orville Madison Gilbreath JR) could no longer drive his 5-speed 1997 Ford Ranger so it became my first Ford and first truck.

1931 Ford F-150 Model A Pickup, Douglasville, GA

c98osu4hdx9g.png
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    interesting I thought they were F-100 at first.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited November 2022
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Me, too. Like the E-100 (Econoline).
    In fact, I sure thought I remember(ed) my grandfather having an F-100 in the early '60s.
    ... but that was a long time ago...

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Me, too. Like the E-100 (Econoline).
    In fact, I sure thought I remember(ed) my grandfather having an F-100 in the early '60s.
    ... but that was a long time ago...

They were f100’s for a very long time
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Dodge was D100, D200 as my pops mostly had Dodge.

IIRC Chevy was C10, C20 for theirs.
  • bcwsrt wrote: »
    I see we have some car nuts in here! Saw this up at the Muscle Car And Corvette Nationals in Rosemont, IL last weekend. It scored the full 1,000 out of 1,000 points and also won the "Outstanding Plymouth" award. Car was striking in person to say the least. Same restoration company, Apex Autosports, had an equally perfect 1970 Trans Am and a 1967 Camaro Indy Pace Car also on display. Those guys don't mess around.

ujvwrzoe8xvi.jpg

Beautiful car…
    Is it wrong that I would love to use that as my daily driver 😳
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,558
    No, not at all. Cars are meant to be driven.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    d6lccnd7tnpf.jpg
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    edited November 2022
  • treitz3
    As sad as this is, it actually makes perfect sense. BUT, unless you are stopped at the light and decipher what in tarnation is goin' on here?

di7edytx1roy.png

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • treitz3
    ffwj7pvtuk7t.png

Hans Zimmer with his Moog Modular Synthesizer (late 70s). Before his career as a film music producer, he worked with Trevor Horn in the band The Buggles ("Video Killed the Radio Star").

Tom
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,374
    treitz3 wrote: »
    As sad as this is, it actually makes perfect sense. BUT, unless you are stopped at the light and decipher what in tarnation is goin' on here?

di7edytx1roy.png

Tom

Looks pretty clear that no matter which way you go ..your on 441!
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926

di7edytx1roy.png

Tom

There's a place near Boston where I-95 North turns into I-93 South (and/or vice versa).
    The Colonials used their roads and signage to confuse the Redcoats -- and, in the Bay State, Massholes umm, I mean Bay Staters still do.

• treitz3

Based upon that statement, there is a 50% chance that you would be going down the wrong highway.....and you weren't even driving!

Mark, the Ukrainians used that tactic to confuse the Russians. They would literally move signs/swap them around to send the Russians in the wrong direction.

Tom

• PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021

di7edytx1roy.png

Tom

It’s not that clear to me.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    2pqahslvh2z0.jpg
    ghplzxe71usy.jpg

10 minutes from the house Black Point Wildlife Drive.....the migrations are in full swing here 1,000s arriving daily....not my photos

• treitz3
    2wbs48cz7w7m.png

Some of you will know exactly who's system this is....😀👌

Tom