Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    AS long as he had fun, he'll try again later on. ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    Viking64 wrote: »
    o37vz04rb64y.jpg

Not so fast my friend.

https://rarehistoricalphotos.com/samuel-reshevsky-age-8-france-1920/

My apologies if there was a joke in the picture that went over my head, which is entirely possible.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    52321111004_5824613cfb_b.jpg

A migrating common nighthawk and the new(ish) moon. Tonight in the Upper Valley. :)

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    Viking64 wrote: »
    o37vz04rb64y.jpg

Not so fast my friend.

https://rarehistoricalphotos.com/samuel-reshevsky-age-8-france-1920/

My apologies if there was a joke in the picture that went over my head, which is entirely possible.

ra4aeir8ot7c.jpg
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited August 2022
    Sorry to hear about the damage around you. Glad it wasn't worse.

That's about like tornados and hurricanes. The next days are usually beautiful clear skies since the moisture in the sky has been wrung out and the rest moved on.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Tony M wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about the damage around you. Glad it wasn't worse.

That's about like tornados and hurricanes. The next days are usually beautiful clear skies since the moisture in the sky has been wrung out and the rest moved on.

Thanks Tony! We were lucky, over 250K homes without power!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,374
    edited August 2022
    That's right, you cant siphon electric. OOPS! Its hard to suck it through the hose.
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Oh, I can't wait until we have natural disasters and electric ambulances and fire trucks!

Dave, at least it was trees and not the house.

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    ^^^ That is freaking hysterical. :D

• jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Even "stick shift" might be too vague, since most automatics have a stick shifter in the console.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    jdjohn wrote: »
    Even "stick shift" might be too vague, since most automatics have a stick shifter in the console.

Not anymore. Many now have dials or buttons.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,478
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Accurate. At least the part about handling a long stick.

Baller!!