Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Hit a major milestone today...she still runs like new too.

gbj0p86xz9q7.png

Tom

iirc it's a older white chevy & it still looks great from the pictures I think you posted awhile back. Congrats on getting your money's worth
    Randy/Maine
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    That's some good oil pressure too. ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    boston1450 wrote: »
    iirc it's a older white chevy & it still looks great from the pictures I think you posted awhile back. Congrats on getting your money's worth
    It is and thanks. I definitely have gotten my money's worth out of her. It's a great truck! Notice that there is no "Check Engine" light? Most vehicles this age and with this many miles have that light come on seemingly constantly. The front end will still lift up about 3" at 70mph when I hit the gas hard. No knocks, no pings......just a purr or when I get on it? A roar.

Bought her new in '04. In about a year and a half, she will legally be classified as a classic.

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • boston1450
    Question as I am in the market when I retire for a chevy pick up - is that the 4.? Or the 5.3 motor. I love the power & sounds of chevy trucks. Lmao on the 3in lift acceleration

Randy/Maine
  • treitz3
    It's the 6.0. Same engine as the Corvette, only in a truck. You wouldn't laugh if you were in the passenger seat.

I can be going the same speed as a tractor trailer (70mph) and if my front bumper was at his back bumper, I can hit the gas and count....one-one thousand, two one-thousand. At that point, I am easily 75 feet in front of that same tractor trailer.

Needless to say, I have a lot of fun with her.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • boston1450
    Wow big a$$ motor. I want a small v8 5.3 or so. I got a work truck. Waiting for industry to get back to normal & dump off this tacoma. My old body hates it back n forth to northern maine. 50,000 miles in 2 years. Otherwise 5 star Toyota. Everything I reviewed was accurate. Just don't like the comfort of Access Cab short w/b 4 banger.. My brother has 6.0 also. Almost 300,000 & he loves it. Thank you for info. Big help on deciding
    Randy/Maine
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Wow big a$$ motor. I want a small v8 5.3 or so. I got a work truck. Waiting for industry to get back to normal & dump off this tacoma. My old body hates it back n forth to northern maine. 50,000 miles in 2 years. Otherwise 5 star Toyota. Everything I reviewed was accurate. Just don't like the comfort of Access Cab short w/b 4 banger.. My brother has 6.0 also. Almost 300,000 & he loves it. Thank you for info. Big help on deciding
    It's the 6.0. Same engine as the Corvette, only in a truck. You wouldn't laugh if you were in the passenger seat.

I can be going the same speed as a tractor trailer (70mph) and if my front bumper was at his back bumper, I can hit the gas and count....one-one thousand, two one-thousand. At that point, I am easily 75 feet in front of that same tractor trailer.

Needless to say, I have a lot of fun with her.

Tom

You guys are lucky (at least Tom is) we could never get that many miles in my neck of the woods. The amount of salt and Brine they dump here eats the truck out from under you.
  • boston1450
    My brother's truck is rusted bad. I hear your pain. Maine is terrible. When I bought the tacoma in 2020 it had rust on it @ the dealership. I used fluid film after cleaning up the surface rust. Brand new from Topsham Lee Toyota
    Randy/Maine
  • treitz3
    Wow big a$$ motor.

That's why I am on the gas thread so often. I use a lot of it. My wife's Tahoe has the 5.3 and while decent with power? I wouldn't tow with it and acceleration is ho-hum. Of course, the Tahoe weighs a heck of a lot more than my truck too, so there is that. 3 rows of seating isn't exactly light.

My truck is just that. No crew cab, no extra seats, a normally empty bed and not a lot of things to weigh it down (unless I am towing one of the trailers). The only real added weight are my tools in the truck tool box and myself.

The gas is about the only downside to the truck....but, it's a truck.....and I need to tow heavy and large loads often, so it is what it is.

Tom
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,636
    edited August 2022

5.3's are sleepers with the right heads and cam.

https://youtu.be/EeX-jSzsTk4
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    :D
    u2citsqunmrd.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Hit a major milestone today...she still runs like new too.

gbj0p86xz9q7.png

Tom

I was gonna say, that looks like a GM gauge cluster, and it is. Miraculous is all I can say. Vehicle is probably worth 20k in this market.
  • treitz3
    DaveHo wrote: »
    I was gonna say, that looks like a GM gauge cluster, and it is. Miraculous is all I can say. Vehicle is probably worth 20k in this market.

Dunno. Don't want to find out. The new vehicles are plauged with slow throttle resposes and tranny issues thanks to....well, I won't get into that. Let's just say that Uncle Sam and the "Green" stuff F'd up a perfectly good thing. I have done NOTHING to my transmission, whilst at the same time, I read horror story after horror story of brand new trucks in need of a replacement. Whatever.

A couple of months back, this happened to me.

I was driving down 274 on the way home. Some dude honks his horn profusely. Slows down to my speed.....proceeds to give me a thumbs up. I was expecting another finger....

I'm thinking he likes my #3 on the back window, seeing as he came up from behind me....but I had noticed this vehicle before. He had been in front of me and behind me with the flow of traffic.

Long story short? He wanted to buy my vehicle. He asked if it was for sale. I stated, "No". He asked again if I had a price in mind. I said. "No".

At this point we were stuck at a light and he just so happened to be beside me. He asked again......"Everyone has a price. What would you sell it for?"

I told him that it had 382,000 miles (at that point) and that I was looking forward to reaching a half a million miles. His response?

"Everyone has a price. Name your price and I will pay cash right now".

I declined.

I have driven the newer Chevy/Ford trucks when my truck has been in for service from time to time. I gotta be honest here.....you couldn't PAY me to drive those extremely nice looking pieces of ****. No throttle response. No power. No fun. Just a bunch of bells and whistles that look good. No thanks.

Tom

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Hopefully it says "don't try"
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Of course there's the original classic cat carrier 👍

f3lj7rb7ae52.jpg

Sal Palooza