Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 30,286
    edited August 8
    OleBoot wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    ^^^ this is (or is similarto) an example of a peculiarly German form of humor known as Antiwitz (anti-joke). https://www.waywordradio.org/antiwitz-anti-jokes/
    I know y'all needed to know that. :|

That kind of humor long ago permeated Europe (German inception or not). One of our childhood jokes was: What is the difference between a duck? One of it's legs is both the same.

Thanks for the erudition :)
    I knew of it as German only as a consequence of that discussion at AWwW. It is my kind of humour, though.
    And we don't get all that much absurdist humour in the US (except emenating emanating from Washington, DC, of course... B) ).

• mhardy6647
    OleBoot wrote: »
    5mggh3zowajn.png

Funny you should mention that!
    I dusted off (quite literally) our old theremin to introduce our granddaughter to its magic a couple of weeks ago.

It's a PAIA Theremax that my son & I built as a project nearly 20 years ago, when he was a lad. :)

I am thinking about commissioning him to build a new cabinet for it, since I built the one it's currently in -- and it shows. :#

• mhardy6647
    I changed my avatar image a few days ago -- but it looked too much like @Clipdat's
    So, I am changing it again, at least for a while.

sd6chmpimaea.jpg

If the plane looks too much like a smudge in the little avatar pic, maybe I'll just do a cloud...

52265068692_27e359827f_b.jpg

I do kinda miss Danger Part, though. :|
  • msg
    msg Posts: 7,126
    I'm not trying to stsrt anything, but maybe you guys should cage fight. Winner gets the avatar of choice.
    I disabled signatures.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 12,397
    This image was close also

yaaabjd066yv.png
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • msg
    msg Posts: 7,126
    edited August 8
    Since last full up?!?
    I disabled signatures.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 15,621
    Actually had to fill up twice today. Lots of windshield time at work today.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~

~ I have found excellence until I heard an ANK DAC ~

~ The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction ~

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 10,735
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Hit a major milestone today...she still runs like new too.

gbj0p86xz9q7.png

Tom

WOW!

Congrats.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 2,987
  • Tony M
    n3l1w0j8esfc.png
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,101
    Hit a major milestone today...she still runs like new too.

gbj0p86xz9q7.png

Tom

iirc it's a older white chevy & it still looks great from the pictures I think you posted awhile back. Congrats on getting your money's worth
    Randy/Maine ..RTA15TL-Cs1000p
  • Tony M
    That's some good oil pressure too. ;)
  • treitz3
    boston1450 wrote: »
    iirc it's a older white chevy & it still looks great from the pictures I think you posted awhile back. Congrats on getting your money's worth
    It is and thanks. I definitely have gotten my money's worth out of her. It's a great truck! Notice that there is no "Check Engine" light? Most vehicles this age and with this many miles have that light come on seemingly constantly. The front end will still lift up about 3" at 70mph when I hit the gas hard. No knocks, no pings......just a purr or when I get on it? A roar.

Bought her new in '04. In about a year and a half, she will legally be classified as a classic.

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~

~ The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction ~

• boston1450
    Question as I am in the market when I retire for a chevy pick up - is that the 4.? Or the 5.3 motor. I love the power & sounds of chevy trucks. Lmao on the 3in lift acceleration

• treitz3
    It's the 6.0. Same engine as the Corvette, only in a truck. You wouldn't laugh if you were in the passenger seat.

I can be going the same speed as a tractor trailer (70mph) and if my front bumper was at his back bumper, I can hit the gas and count....one-one thousand, two one-thousand. At that point, I am easily 75 feet in front of that same tractor trailer.

Needless to say, I have a lot of fun with her.

Tom

• boston1450
    Wow big a$$ motor. I want a small v8 5.3 or so. I got a work truck. Waiting for industry to get back to normal & dump off this tacoma. My old body hates it back n forth to northern maine. 50,000 miles in 2 years. Otherwise 5 star Toyota. Everything I reviewed was accurate. Just don't like the comfort of Access Cab short w/b 4 banger.. My brother has 6.0 also. Almost 300,000 & he loves it. Thank you for info. Big help on deciding
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 21,240
    Wow big a$$ motor. I want a small v8 5.3 or so. I got a work truck. Waiting for industry to get back to normal & dump off this tacoma. My old body hates it back n forth to northern maine. 50,000 miles in 2 years. Otherwise 5 star Toyota. Everything I reviewed was accurate. Just don't like the comfort of Access Cab short w/b 4 banger.. My brother has 6.0 also. Almost 300,000 & he loves it. Thank you for info. Big help on deciding
    It's the 6.0. Same engine as the Corvette, only in a truck. You wouldn't laugh if you were in the passenger seat.

I can be going the same speed as a tractor trailer (70mph) and if my front bumper was at his back bumper, I can hit the gas and count....one-one thousand, two one-thousand. At that point, I am easily 75 feet in front of that same tractor trailer.

Needless to say, I have a lot of fun with her.

Tom

You guys are lucky (at least Tom is) we could never get that many miles in my neck of the woods. The amount of salt and Brine they dump here eats the truck out from under you.
  • boston1450
    My brother's truck is rusted bad. I hear your pain. Maine is terrible. When I bought the tacoma in 2020 it had rust on it @ the dealership. I used fluid film after cleaning up the surface rust. Brand new from Topsham Lee Toyota
  • treitz3
    Wow big a$$ motor.

That's why I am on the gas thread so often. I use a lot of it. My wife's Tahoe has the 5.3 and while decent with power? I wouldn't tow with it and acceleration is ho-hum. Of course, the Tahoe weighs a heck of a lot more than my truck too, so there is that. 3 rows of seating isn't exactly light.

My truck is just that. No crew cab, no extra seats, a normally empty bed and not a lot of things to weigh it down (unless I am towing one of the trailers). The only real added weight are my tools in the truck tool box and myself.

The gas is about the only downside to the truck....but, it's a truck.....and I need to tow heavy and large loads often, so it is what it is.

Tom