Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,064
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

up40n12dmww5.png

Never seen that Newhart quote before. That is freakin' hilarious. No, I don't like country. But I love Bluegrass.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    OleBoot wrote: »
    gl0qqqn7wo7z.png

Mrs. H's favorite bird.
  • mhardy6647
    edited July 2022
    OleBoot wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

up40n12dmww5.png

Never seen that Newhart quote before. That is freakin' hilarious. No, I don't like country. But I love Bluegrass.

I, too, love bluegrass... but only in fairly limited doses. It gets too depressing after awhile ;)

Speaking of bluegrass (kinda, sorta) -- sans the murder, treachery, sickness, death, infidelity, and adultery ;)

kgdlk5bx6vzs.png

My gateway drug to the Polk Monitor Series, ca. 1976 :)

PS and, on the flip side (i.e., heavy on all the heavy stuff), this album is pretty cool in its own bizarre way, too.

b2g75mfwxzam.png

• BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    31bj3isuhk4k.png

88nc3do491ax.png
    Toyota Crown Returns to the US
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,374
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    quco96aqmmkq.png

I bet Karla is proud! LOL
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Tony M wrote: »
    Yep, dumber than a box of rocks!

This one too.
    6ydiact0cy5p.png

Pumping electricity? Didn't somebody tell or show her she doesn't have to stand there holding the connector while it charges the battery pack? :s

You've never been to PG County I take it. I think it's something in the water.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Tony M wrote: »
    6ydiact0cy5p.png

Pumping electricity?

Pretty sure our Vice- President wouldn't be driving one of these. That's beneath her now. She has armored limos surrounded by secret service agents and snipers on roofs just to go out to the Quicky Mart for a slurpy.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Wow, great captures Tony. I like how you can see the detail/veins in the wings and the vivid color of the eyes. Nice job.
  • tramp59
    tramp59 Posts: 13
    vtiapwm1x61r.jpg
    Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.
    HST
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    7hqmejzt3521.png

Apparently, talking about facts or posting a photo/meme that has nothing to do with politics is still politics? I understand that it may be considered by some to have a political tone but for Christ's sake.....using that same kind of logic, I guess we can't talk about cow flatulence either.

Seeing as how our government seems to stick their nose into almost every aspect of our lives, almost everything can be considered political by some. If the government would stick to the good, preservation and the peace of men - and not regulate everything (up to and including cow flatulence and what we do in our own beds, for example(s)) - then maybe so many things wouldn't be considered to be political by some.

Another example of something that is not political but still could be considered political by some would be the radio we all listen too. It's regulated by the government, restricted on what it can and cannot say, what words in songs can be broadcast, what frequencies it can run on, etc, etc…does this mean that we can no longer talk about the radio because the government is involved? The same would have to go for television, wire, satellite and cable using this logic. All of them would be considered political.

Well, that's what you are saying with your post.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited July 2022
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Wow, great captures Tony. I like how you can see the detail/veins in the wings and the vivid color of the eyes. Nice job.

I think it thought it found a freshwater pond and was scouting it out. My truck bed had a ton of water in it. It happens once in a while. I guess if I let it stay the way it was, mosquitoes would breed by the thousands and then, plenty of snacks for the Dragonflies to feast on.

This Cannon "PowerShot" SX540 HS is the best camera I've ever owned. 350.00 on sale I think it was.
    20.3 megapixels. Full HD 50X Optical zoom. This is a quick point, auto focus and pretty quick zooming action too. If I had a camera stand, the clarity would've been even sharper. I just rested my hand against the back door frame as still as I could. One time, I zoomed in so close, I just had it's face in the frame. :D I backed off since I couldn't hold it anywhere solidly on the left side and click the button.

Unfortunately, I don't like mosquitoes and drain the water in the back of my truck whenever I notice it. I have drain holes but little leaves and pollen tassels fall into the bed and gather over time.

By the way, we got 3 1/2 inches of rain this past 7 days or less. The neighborhood is swarming with Mosquitoes and "noseeums or Flying Jaws". They ate my neighbor Tony up this evening while we talked in the street tonight. I think I stunk too much (yard work again) and only had an occasional annoyance. I did have the noseeums landing on a few scabs on my legs and arms. Now I don't like that scenario AT ALL.

I think it's time for me to mount my "Bat Box" I've had in the shed for many years. Maybe some bats will take roost in it.

Hummingbirds are as fine a mosquito eater as Dragonflies and Bats, but we aren't seeing Hummers this year. We've had one little male visit a couple of times so far this summer. Maybe more will show up now that the rains have produced millions of mosquitoes lately. We used to have about 5 to 10 bats cleaning the air a year or two ago. Not one lately. :(

Post edited by Tony M on
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited July 2022
    treitz3 wrote: »
    7hqmejzt3521.png

Apparently, talking about facts or posting a photo/meme that has nothing to do with politics is still politics? I understand that it may be considered by some to have a political tone but for Christ's sake.....using that same kind of logic, I guess we can't talk about cow flatulence either.

Seeing as how our government seems to stick their nose into almost every aspect of our lives, almost everything can be considered political by some. If the government would stick to the good, preservation and the peace of men - and not regulate everything (up to and including cow flatulence and what we do in our own beds, for example(s)) - then maybe so many things wouldn't be considered to be political by some.

Another example of something that is not political but still could be considered political by some would be the radio we all listen too. It's regulated by the government, restricted on what it can and cannot say, what words in songs can be broadcast, what frequencies it can run on, etc, etc…does this mean that we can no longer talk about the radio because the government is involved? The same would have to go for television, wire, satellite and cable using this logic. All of them would be considered political.

Well, that's what you are saying with your post.

Tom

I agree about facts, videos and "DATA" are irrelevent to 1/2 the world now. There's almost more government employees than common citizens. It's governments against common people all over the world. This isn't political at all. It's an attempt to create "the new world order". A few leaders SAID IT IS and that's a FACT and on video record too. That is their objective the past 20 years or whatever. It's insane and I'm glad I'm old.

I loved living when 90% of reporters reported what was wrong and criminal and demanded accountability. Remember Nixon?

A congressman was attacked by some drunk with a sharp keychain the other day and the news media on all the news channels combined, except Fox, gave 37 seconds of their time to tell their viewers about it. The attacker was back out and free within 24 hours. Now if it was some other congressional person, the world would know about it and the perp would be in the DC dungeon for 20+ years. It's not political. It's insane.

Is Data political? no.

This is how I feel about what's going on around the world for the past 2 years.
    5z97wwhf4lba.jpg

;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mhardy6647
    If there's anyone left alive :# who remembers Red Dwarf -- I guess this must be Talkie Toaster's ancestral relative. B)

gpyz8g13cujy.png
    https://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/smeg-2-slice-toaster/

red-dwarf-talkie-toaster.jpg

My single favorite episode of Red Dwarf, I think... and FWIW. :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Hole_(Red_Dwarf)