Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474
    jgvbe4g4g9bk.png

^^^^^Way cool but???????
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited April 2022
    JayCee wrote: »

^^^^^Way cool but???????

One heck of a turntable? LOL

James Webb Space Telescope Filter Wheel.

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-61086170
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • SCompRacer

That's gotta break at least a dozen laws. If it doesn't. it should!

Back in the 80's I saw a van in Louisville, KY that had plastic figures glued all over it. I have no idea where the pic is, but something like this.

80zasvtv7290.png

Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474
    edited April 2022
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    JayCee wrote: »

^^^^^Way cool but???????

One heck of a turntable? LOL

James Webb Space Telescope Filter Wheel.

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-61086170
    LOL, my first thought was steam punk turntable. Can't wait to see the images to come in future years. Article says they hope for 20 years longevity out of the filter wheel. Thanks for the link.
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    edited April 2022
    jgvbe4g4g9bk.png

I chose "like" from your post -- but I really don't know how I feel about this. I am not really even quite sure what it is. ;)

Edit: oh, I see.
    Here I was thinkin' it was something from Machina Dynamica.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    p2s7hvkn8lki.jpg
    sua63s6v94bm.jpg 4 banger puddle jumper got some new sneakers on it. Getting 2mpg more better on the way to camp tonight
    Randy/Maine
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited April 2022
    boston1450 wrote: »
    p2s7hvkn8lki.jpg
    sua63s6v94bm.jpg 4 banger puddle jumper got some new sneakers on it. Getting 2mpg more better on the way to camp tonight

Great choices.

Looks like the perfect rims and tires for that truck of yours. B)

From generic to "Beautiful truck!" for sure.

I had to recheck just to see if the trucks were the same truck. ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    hdvuqzqg1j6q.png
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • SCompRacer
    so169qo4e0yb.png

• DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    hdvuqzqg1j6q.png

Link? I'd rock that!
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    edited April 2022
    Tony M wrote: »
    p2s7hvkn8lki.jpg

Great choices.

[/quote]. Thx Cheapest 4×4 truck I could get. I bought it totally stripped. 27grand. 24+mpg No int wipers. No back seat. No hitch. No mud flaps. No rear speakers. Crappy door speakers. I wanted manual windows but came electric. 2 keys-1 stinking keyhole. So it's been fun adding things to it. Speakers are next. Very uncomfortable truck but very reliable. Im not going to pay crazy money for new trucks. I have work truck too. Hoping the tacoma will make it till I'm 64 & retirement funds.... Did you get the Ford straightened out ? I always enjoy your pictures & I stalk out that truck every time

Randy/Maine
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    clr3og7pep0d.jpg

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    tonyb wrote: »
    clr3og7pep0d.jpg

Alice In Chains
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• SCompRacer
    edited April 2022
    clr3og7pep0d.jpg

Pearl Jam
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    edited April 2022
    Smashing Pumpkins, The 4 Tops, Radiohead, T-rex.
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,064
    edited April 2022
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    The Thompson Twins, Arctic Monkeys, Rolling Stones, Guns and Roses, Pet Shop Boys, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Zombies, T-Rex.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    The police car could be The Police.
  • Tony M
    edited April 2022
    boston1450 wrote: »
    Tony M wrote: »
    p2s7hvkn8lki.jpg

Great choices.

. Thx Cheapest 4×4 truck I could get. I bought it totally stripped. 27grand. 24+mpg No int wipers. No back seat. No hitch. No mud flaps. No rear speakers. Crappy door speakers. I wanted manual windows but came electric. 2 keys-1 stinking keyhole. So it's been fun adding things to it. Speakers are next. Very uncomfortable truck but very reliable. Im not going to pay crazy money for new trucks. I have work truck too. Hoping the tacoma will make it till I'm 64 & retirement funds.... Did you get the Ford straightened out ? I always enjoy your pictures & I stalk out that truck every time

[/quote]

You're like me then. Keep costs down and add to them later.

I bought my 2nd 95 Camry used. I had to put a rebuilt motor and trans into it many many years later. It's been about 8 years now I guess. I just talked to a painter to re-paint the upper sections of the car above the pin stripes. The clear coat is gone above the stripes.and there is some bubbling on the hood too.
    1tanmv41fzwt.jpg

l2e39ly1iwfy.jpg

I wanted a newer vehicle but my wife loves riding in it so much ( the inerior looks brand new still) she paid for the fix of the motor and trans. It has 160K on it and drives like a new car still. So I'm paying the 1K for a 1/2 paint job.

About my truck, I got the timing fixed at the dealership. After replacing the distributer and wires and plugs, I just did'nt reset the timing with a timing gun. It now runs like a new truck. It has new tires and great gas in it. I take it out alot more often now.

I've gone out a bit with it the past few weeks. Thurs. I went to H.D to get some more yard soil and Black Kow. The man who came to help me load loved my truck. He loved the blue sripe down the side. He was about my age too so we talked a bit about it.
    Then yesterday, Friday, I went to get some grass seed from a local Farmers Supply. I pulled into the driveway and had to stop because of a car waiting to get into a spot. A man in his Beautiful Ford F250 pulling a trailer had stopped to pull out of the place. I had my window half down and he kind-of spoke loudly...Hey, nice truck, with a thumbs up jesture. I told him thanks and told him it just turned 36K. He said it looks like it, did I want to sell it? No, not yet. He said he fully understood. :)

Another thing, while swapping out my front headlight assemblies, I noticed a lot of rust under the battery on some frame work.

My good neighbor who knows a lot about F150 trucks told me just today it's called the OBS Core support frame. He came right over and we stood there for 20 minutes looking all over what the swapping project would entail. :#

Yup, I researched some more about it and it's 150-200 dollars.
    And a major pain in the a** to replace. Major! I looked at one video and it took a shade tree guy 3 hours to get an old one off. He said it But he was just trying to get to the motor. I'll have to be more diligent. I'll also have to buy new bushings and bolts and have the A/C evacuated, the transmission coolant line babied off.
    https://youtu.be/wy1w2PPnkzI

I'm going to soon ask my neighbor if he'll help me since he said it COULD be done right here in front of my cottage with a tarp handy if it rains while we're doing it. He said it just has to be done in steps. We'd be in the shade after 12 noon too. He seemed to be hinting to me, buy the new core support and while it's coming, get to taking the front-grill and lights back off like they were a couple of months ago.

I noticed today while we were looking, my battery anchor bolt was broken in half. The anchor wedge is still there but the battery just bounces freely. I looked on line tonight for a new battery plate too.

Then there's the windshield trim on the driver's side lower corner that is loose. The hood plate under the wipers is loose in that corner too. Something is probably rusted away on the framework under there too.

But everything can be fixed as the show Overhaulin proves every week. ;)

It's only money if you have enough. :s

I still think I'm better off keeping this. It could probably last and still operate as long as I'm going to live as it is. :p

Sorry for the long answer.

• Hermitism
    Garbage can could be the band Garbage.
  • Tony M
    edited April 2022
    The eagles, Oasis, Salt & Pepper, Musical Grass, Grape Vine, Avalanche, Dead Bird, the Sand Dunes BANDS
  • Hermitism
    What is the ivy growing above the garbage cans?

And the witch near the moon?

And the genie bottles?
  • Tony M
    edited April 2022
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    clr3og7pep0d.jpg