Feel the hate thread

Comments

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    It snows quite often here. This will be the 4th "snow event" as they have taken to calling them lately, with measurable accumulation. I think the 8th overall since Winter officially started.

The difference is, and this is a friend from Minnesota telling me this, they get small storms dumping a few inches at a time but, the snow doesn't go away there until spring. So 3 or 4 snow falls with 3-4 inches adds up to a foot and a half but it came in small increments. It just doesn't go away between storms.

But here, when it snows like this, it's essentially a tropical storm that's getting pushed up the coast by a cold front hovering over a place like Montana or Minnesota which is making it snow, not rain. So a typical tropical storm here will dump 2-3 inches of water on us in one shot. The average conversion is 8-10 inches of snow per every inch of rain. So a storm that would normally dump 2.5-3 inches of rain turns into a storm that buries the Northeast in 20-30 inches of snow overnight. That's not something you can easily shovel out of and go to work in the morning. Granted, we get the majority of the area back up and running within 24 hours after the snow stops and that's an impressive feat for how monumental of a task it is but it's still debilitating and affects major economic areas of the country.

That said, though, I'm with you on why is it always a "SNOWPOCALYPSE" when it's typical Northeast winter weather here. It can be really dangerous but with how fast everything moves here on any given day, take some pleasure in the fact that getting buried under a couple feet of idiot dust forces it to slow down for a bit.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • That's not something you can easily shovel out of and go to work in the morning

Would be if the East Coasters
    weren't prone to Woositis.
    As a general rule, more starch and fibre in the diet would help..👍 💪🏋️💪
    Sal Palooza
  • Jstas
    Here, not to beat a dead horse or anything but I just saw this article pop up on Facebook about why the storms in the Northeast get to be so news-worthy:

https://www.livescience.com/bomb-cyclone-blizzards-northeast?fbclid=IwAR2hXBlaHzyCVX6CAXC8IbnJQD_sxrvaYDBvy6oIZrkwHVYOZaObmzposno&utm_campaign=socialflow

Currently, a gale warning was just issued for my area with potential gusts at the coast with hurricane force winds. Looks like the worst of the winds are going to be hitting Rhode Island and Massachusetts.

• vhvm4jfkpxrj.jpg

😳🤗
    Sal Palooza
  • Jstas
    It's been a year since we last visited this thread so I figured I'd necro it because why the frick not?

Feelin' the hate lately on something specific lately.

There is no 'e' in Camaro you thundering, mouth breathing morons.

Also, if you are pondering something you are WONDERING about it. If you are WANDERING about something you are meandering aimlessly through life in your small-minded stupor and honestly used WANDERING in a grammatically dubious fashion. If you are meandering aimlessly through something like, Iunno, The Hundred Acre Wood then you are, in fact WANDERING through the woods, not WONDERING. I'm not even sure how you could actually be WONDERING about anything in the woods, though, since you lack the cranial horsepower needed to determine the difference between WANDERING and WONDERING which, in all fairness, is a step above the ability to chew gum and not choke on it.

Additionally, if this is too much for you to handle or stings a bit too close to home for you, maybe you should have a seat on your BUMPER and take long hard look at the life choices you have made because a BUMBER is not a thing.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk. Try not to drool on yourself on the way out the door.

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    LOL...John is on a roll.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,374
    edited January 2023
    Like a lot of people dont know their burro form a burrow
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    since you lack the cranial horsepower needed to determine the difference between WANDERING and WONDERING which, in all fairness, is a step above the ability to chew gum and not choke on it.
    LMAO!
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    since you lack the cranial horsepower needed to determine the difference between WANDERING and WONDERING which, in all fairness, is a step above the ability to chew gum and not choke on it.
    LMAO!

Blame Del Shannon. He started it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H56qRqHfSRQ

• Jstas
    Ya know, I keep hearing people say that folks aged faster prior to, like, the 1980's and I keep thinking that it's just artifacts of stuff like the quality of the film used to take pictures and stuff or just the dated hair and clothing styles but...

...in that video Del Shannon is only like 28 years old.

He looks like he's 45 and doing the music gig on the side to hide from the wife and kids.

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    I hate it when people actually think that they can pay you in weed in Oregon. If you pay for it you are an idiot. It's legal to grow for personal consumption and it's a weed you idiot. You don't need a degree in horticulture to grow it. It makes you wander about people sometimes.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    lol, First, what kind of work are you doing, and second, who are you doing it for?!?
    I disabled signatures.
  • audioluvr
    Excavation. A hillbilly.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    So there's this brewery nearby, built on an old farm, and they renovated farm house a bit. Pretty popular place, but I've never had a beer there that didn't sour my stomach within a couple of hours. I guess I'm not that kind of hipster.

Anyway, they have live entertainment sometimes. I don't know who they've got over there today, but whoever it is, they're intrusively penetrating my walls. Before I realized what it was, I turned down the music a couple of times, thinking I was hearing an injured farm animal wailing in distress. If only the wind would shift...
    I disabled signatures.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    bad hooch and bad tunes does not a happy man make
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Our farmer-neighbors are hosting a wedding today, and we're getting somewhat the same thing. The party must've started. :)
    We feel bad for them -- the weather today is terrible. Fortunately, they do have a tent, but it's windy, too. Not optimal. Liquor should help, though. B)
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Eh, part of the memory....

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    What I hate.....?

Receiving news from a very good friend of yours that his stereo system is down and probably will be for a while. Poor fella has to crate up his amp, ship it off 1/2 way across the US, wait for it to be repaired and wait yet again for the unit to be shipped back.

The whole time, without tunes on his big rig.

I have been there, done that and I can tell you that it absolutely s***ks. Yeah, I know, part of the hobby and all but it's still something I hate to hear.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    That's why some of us maintain lending libraries. :)
  • audioluvr
    That's why some of us maintain multiples of everything.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• audioluvr
    I hate when the idiots writing stories for online media can't spell, use appropriate grammar or, in the case of this article, know how to count!

https://www.hellomagazine.com/celebrities/500932/shania-twain-fans-divided-announces-bbc-documentary/
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    edited August 2023
    audioluvr wrote: »
    I hate when the idiots writing stories for online media can't spell, use appropriate grammar or, in the case of this article, know how to count!

https://www.hellomagazine.com/celebrities/500932/shania-twain-fans-divided-announces-bbc-documentary/

Youd think a journal class woulda nipped those problems before they got out of hand
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    Yesterday One of my lady friends little younger than me at 59 died last weekend. Svcks. You just don't know
    Randy/Maine