Comments

• tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,044
    Snowmaze.
    Sourced from the Smithsionian.

nw4lb1e0ug9z.jpg
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    That reminds me of the time I parked my car on the ground/first floor but started looking on the second. After searching every floor in the garage I was resigned to the fact my car was stolen. Then I found it. My heart really slowed down at that point.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I've thought my car was stolen a few times too.

I have dreams about that scenario once a year. It sucks!
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    When I had a silver RAV-4 I sometimes had the opposite problem.
    Folks... tend not to lock their cars up here. I got into the wrong RAV-4 a couple of times.
    I realized my mistake because -- well -- other folks' RAV-4s seem to have less junk in the little nooks and crannies in the console than mine. :#
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    When I had a silver RAV-4 I sometimes had the opposite problem.
    Folks... tend not to lock their cars up here. I got into the wrong RAV-4 a couple of times.
    I realized my mistake because -- well -- other folks' RAV-4s seem to have less junk in the little nooks and crannies in the console than mine. :#

Right? Like looking in the back seat and realizing "those aren't my kids??!!".
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    I don’t get the KY Jelly bit. I am from KY and we grew up eating that on biscuits and cornbread, were we wrong?

Best one today :D
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Before;
    Tony M wrote: »
    The big guy is getting a facelift.

The internet videos of this project made it out to be a pretty easy job.

NOT.

Not for me anyway. I am getting there though.
    3km91udyl8cx.jpg

4ygr7i5s7wyl.jpg

I'm glad I did this in the wintertime.
    51djwa8pn63j.jpg

fdwpttntedqa.jpg

After;

b0hixp2tna16.jpg

9reh1c5lokpv.jpg

l0ta3rq7s1h9.jpg

lamz95zd3s1h.jpg

k2c2ithhrc0s.jpg

It was a B#@ch taking it apart due to age and the design of mounting bolts attached to the long orange light housing. Removing those 4 nuts (2 on each one) are almost inaccessible. If my hands and arms were any bigger...I'd have had to take it to somebody else. Look up replacing 1995 ford F150 headlight videos and you'll see what I'm talking about. I have nicks and abrasions on both hands and arms due to that design. :s

Putting it back together was a breeze. I didn't have to fight that design since I was working with new (and lubricated threads) bolts on those orange light housings. Also, all the mods were done last night on the mating of the orange housing and the chrome trim frame.

All in all, it was worth 120.00 for the front end and 40.00 for the taillights. The orange housing is CHEAPLY made. But after the first splitting of the first post, I drilled out the rest to minimize any more splitting. Also, the posts didn't align with opening in the mounting frame. I drilled sideways on the frame at each of the 3 openings also to allow alignment for the said screws. Took just a few minutes but still...

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    As jaundiced as my view of "technology" can be -- this struck me as both cool to see boiled down into a graph, and impressive in terms of the real improvement in automobile performance in the past several decades. The average selling price probably ought've been trended with these parameters, too. :)

km0fdehck034.png

source: https://nepis.epa.gov/Exe/ZyPDF.cgi?Dockey=P1013L1O.pdf
    quoted in: https://www.curbsideclassic.com/blog/newsstand/data-diving-epas-2021-automotive-trends-report-heres-the-facts-to-back-up-your-opinions-or-not/

• Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    It was probably so slick it fell out.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,490
    No. That one is “drivable.”
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,374
    We call that writing a check with your mouth that your **** cant cash.
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable