Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    4tru8a2h3hwh.png
    Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,490
    edited November 2021
    That dude was coached (poorly). He really likes a bitter IPA.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    treitz3 wrote: »
    d7utsshwu6y5.png
    Tom

Beautiful!!!

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Kudu is a beautiful animal, and yes they are good to eat
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    maxward wrote: »
    That dude was coached (poorly). He really likes a bitter IPA.

remember this dude??

qrl0dpccd6zj.gif

Me trying an IPA
  • txcoastal1
    Some IPA's taste like the smell of a pinecone IMHO, but when you get a good one they are very good.

Dogfish in general do a good job
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• pitdogg2
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Some IPA's taste like the smell of a pinecone IMHO, but when you get a good one they are very good.

Dogfish in general do a good job

They not taste like shitte to me they dry my mouth out like the Sahara desert. I could strike a match 🔥
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    edited November 2021
    spent some quality time last night and this morning trying to resurrect an adorable NAD 1600 preamp/tuner that belongs to a hifi colleague who lives across the river. I did not succeed. I did get it to power on (it was dead as received, but that seems to be related to some multipin connectors), but cannot get good quality audio out of it. Assessed and evaluated all of the usual, typical issues -- 'tis a puzzlement.

9ip2r67esyez.jpg
    42hzw8ftbn3k.jpg
    cf5gjcdblt4e.jpg

Meanwhile, the preamp section in this monstrosity works OK (the power amp section is at least partly toast, so it has been deactivated)... so I offered to pass it along to the NAD's owner when I return the latter to him as-is. No phono section in it, though, unfortunately.

rp26t6j2ncj6.jpg

• pitdogg2
    Talk about near field listening!
  • Malbec
    Malbec Posts: 548
    No cnc router work in that build.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    I think that may be the spiral staircase carved out of a single piece of wood.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    @Tony M thanks for sharing info
    Randy/Maine
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    edited November 2021
    That's KOOL
    Randy/Maine
  • txcoastal1
    Can you imagine dusting, cleaning and polishing ...oh my!!

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    All beer is gross, fight me. 😉
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Speaking of castles...

The scale and sheer beauty always astounds me. B)

Some are built on mountain tops and some are over a hundred feet tall. And it seems there were PLANS drawn out for such builds. Just like Cathedrals too.

Biltmore Estate...Amazing symmetry. <3

The manpower to build these buildings and the carpentry we've just seen blows my mind since I know a little about that trade.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    c0u0926zt1v3.png
    Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~