Replacing the Focal Kanta 2

Options
Looking to replace the Kanta 2.
I have some ideas. The ML 11a, SF Maxima Amator, SF Electa Amator III.

The ML11a is probably the more complete speaker, I just don't know if I can stand looking at a perforated panel.

The SF are just so special. A 2 way, simple. All wood cabinet, no mdf.

I am also interested in some Magicos as well.

Just in the brainstorming stages. Looking to complete the project by end of the year. Adding a streamer to the system to allow the kids to have an easier time at playing music.
Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound

Comments

• marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,875
    Options
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,521
    Options
    That’s bite the back hand pretty

Looks above budget
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,054
    Options
    You need my hot rodded mezzo utopia 😜
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Joey_V
    Options
    Well, I just put in an offer on some 2 way. Hoping to complete the sale shortly. Crossing my fingers
  • marvda1
    Options
    @Joey_V whose two ways?
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • Joey_V
    Options
    @marvda1
    I’ll let you know when I finish the transaction
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    Great, his signature which already takes up an entire page in length is about to get even longer!

3qswcnordv1z.png
  • Joey_V
    Options
    lol
    You guys can see my signature? I already put it on hide and I can’t see it
    Tried to resize it so it’s not so big but apparently you can’t resize it on vanilla
    🤦🏻‍♂️
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,133
    Options
    Joey_V wrote: »
    lol
    Tried to resize it so it’s not so big but apparently you can’t resize it on vanilla
    🤦🏻‍♂️

Haha, yup! Joys of this platform. You sig takes up a full page scroll on a desktop, but on mobile it hides it.

Still curious to see what you ended up with though!
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • Joey_V
    Options
    lol
    🤦🏻‍♂️

Haha, yup! Joys of this platform. You sig takes up a full page scroll on a desktop, but on mobile it hides it.

Still curious to see what you ended up with though!

Seems a little obnoxious
    I guess it’s time to take out the clippers
  • Joey_V
    Options
    Just got a haircut
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 1,004
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Deleted
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Great, his signature which already takes up an entire page in length is about to get even longer!

3qswcnordv1z.png

ML Summit + Boulder 2060 amp + EMM Labs DAC + Boulder Preamp (missing from history) = Endgame system
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • marvda1
    Options
    I know it's YouTube but I'm intrigued by vimberg speakers.
    https://youtu.be/MyB_5CE5154
    Puritan PSM156
  • Joey_V
    Options
    marvda1 wrote: »
    I know it's YouTube but I'm intrigued by vimberg speakers.
    https://youtu.be/MyB_5CE5154

Yeah, Vimberg is definitely of interest. There's the Tonda and the Tonda D. Not quite the Tidals, but seems to be nearly there. Not easy to demo and not a lot of dealers I don't think.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited November 2021
    Options
    I never had any issues with my sig in the past. I think in the past it would only list it on the first post and then no sig afterwards. If I recall, I also had the ability to shrink the size of the sig, so it wasn't obnoxious.
    Lately, after someone notified me, I noticed that the sig font was no longer small and it would seem to post on every post. So I put it on hide, thinking that it was hidden from view, but alas it was not.

I disabled my sig since Vanilla uses the same size font for the sig as the post. I don't see the sig, or anyone else's sig, when I view the forum. Are you saying the sig is visible to others? If so that is a Vanilla bug.

vfmwlxffuo6s.jpeg

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Joey_V
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    I never had any issues with my sig in the past. I think in the past it would only list it on the first post and then no sig afterwards. If I recall, I also had the ability to shrink the size of the sig, so it wasn't obnoxious.
    Lately, after someone notified me, I noticed that the sig font was no longer small and it would seem to post on every post. So I put it on hide, thinking that it was hidden from view, but alas it was not.

I disabled my sig since Vanilla uses the same size font for the sig as the post. I don't see the sig, or anyone else's sig, when I view the forum. Are you saying the sig is visible to others? If so that is a Vanilla bug.

vfmwlxffuo6s.jpeg

I can’t see your sig Bud
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    Interesting. I wonder why yours was visible to others?
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Joey_V
    edited November 2021
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Interesting. I wonder why yours was visible to others?

Not sure.
    Seems to have struck a nerve also. Oh well, it's not like I didn't make an effort to curb it. The same signature had been there for years, but only recently seemed to become an issue with vanilla. With the old forum, the signature was minimized and was only there once a thread. I think with vanilla, you cannot minimize the font size nor does it minimize the count of times per thread that it is displayed - which I could see as an annoyance.

I will say to @treitz3 that if you think that's a flex, I'd find that laughable. I would think that flexing based on audio systems is so juvenile. I have way more sense than to flex to a bunch of people who I've not personally met. I kept the signature in there so it's easy to follow my train of thought and perhaps the route I took during my audio adventure for those interested and so they can understand what kind of sound I gravitate towards, and honestly, I enjoyed being able to keep track of what I've been through over the years, I have honestly forgotten the timeline and the equipment as the years pile on. And to answer your question - I buy what I like to hear, don't care of the brand personally, but I would rather stick to a common brand rather than an obscure one, because of resale.

The fact that the signature was there for years and didn't bother anyone means that the root of the issue originated with how vanilla is not able to limit or allow for customization of the signature unlike the old forum. If you have an issue with me, take it to my DM.
  • sgmsmg
    sgmsmg Posts: 542
    Options
    Strange, I can see @BlueFox signature:
    Lumin X1 file player; Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps

Three 20 amp circuits.
    2 Channel
    Pre:Bryston BP173
    Amp:Bryston 14B3
    Speakers: Golden Ear Triton Reference
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI
    Power: PS Audio P10 Regenerator, AC12, AC10 and AC5 Cables
    Display: Sony XBR65Z9F

Home Theater
    Pre: Anthem AVM90/JBL SDP-55
    Amps: Parasound A31, A51x2
    Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR/SBL/SBR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
    Subwoofers: SVS SB16 x 4
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: AQ Meteor/Rocket 88, AQ Niagara/Sky
    Power: Torus AVR20, Shunyata Denali, Shunyata Delta, Cullen, PangeaAC9SE Cables
    Display: Sony XBR85Z9G
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,164
    edited November 2021
    Options
    I don’t see the signature but I did read the thread! Joey a Polk Fan?? 😂😂 he must be prepping for a change into politics? Great gear huge budget and I for one get a kick out of reading about and seeing pics of his cool gear! He’s a fan of many brands maybe?? Just maybe but if a fan of Polk and with all that extra dough laying around, why not buy the new Polk big boys and give em a whirl?? Some chase their tail forever and that’s cool because it results in change! Change can be good ! I can’t and won’t advise because as I am not a Fan of Polk Audio at all, I am honest and admit I am a fan of this forum where I have met some great folks , some I consider fam! With that rant out the way? I could care less about any signatures but sure look forward to reading about what Joey spent his extra dollars on! I am done chasing the gear tail and love both of my modest rigs! That’s a happy place this forum helped me to find! God bless all you polkies !

It’s all about the music🎼 🎶 🎶🎵🎶🎶🎼🎩
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • Joey_V
    Options
    I’ve posted my Kanta for sale on us audio mart
    Hopefully this deal can complete without a hitch
  • Clipdat
    edited November 2021
    Options
  • Joey_V
    edited November 2021
    Options
    I think this one, a combination of sound, art, quality. Could definitely be an end game for a simpler system for me.

The Sonus Faber Amator Maxima.

I like how the cabinet is actually made from CNC’d walnut. The parts are very high quality. It’s a simple 2 way, would love to have it.

A man can dream.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Tyt3lselVm0&t=335s
  • Clipdat
    Options
    There is another Italian speaker manufacturer that I would consider before Sonus Faber.
  • Joey_V
    edited November 2021
    Options
    There is another Italian speaker manufacturer that I would consider before Sonus Faber.

You mean Rosso.

I’m familiar.
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Oh ok, cool. Didn't realize you'd already heard them!
  • Joey_V
    Options
    Oh ok, cool. Didn't realize you'd already heard them!

Skip is nearby, I heard them before they became popular here. We also had the audiophile club go listen to the Siena.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    Options
    @Joey_V I'm just glad everyone is bashing on you instead of me! :D
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Joey_V
    edited November 2021
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    @Joey_V I'm just glad everyone is bashing on you instead of me! :D

Haha
    I could care less 🥱

I find it amusing how petty some people can be.