Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    what it was like at our house this morning... just to make @CH46E jealous...
    ;)

dcm3n4em7n04.jpg
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    what it was like at our house this morning... just to make @CH46E jealous...
    ;)

dcm3n4em7n04.jpg

You know what this picture immediatly says to me? NO MORE MOSQUITOS ! For awhile anyways.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    CH46E wrote: »
    jh4w7u4ci0qz.jpg
    zhcdas82vj0b.jpg

Sykes Creek, Florida

I can see why so many are moving to Florida.

My step-daughter moved to Tampa a couple years ago or more. She seems to like it there a lot. :)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mhardy6647
    6t3jnkb2cnih.png

I think I have a shelf that looks just like that. :#
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    6t3jnkb2cnih.png

I'm not being sarcastic. I'm 44 years old and I have never seen a 4 track. I can only speculate it was the precursor to the 8 Track?
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    Tony M wrote: »
    jh4w7u4ci0qz.jpg
    zhcdas82vj0b.jpg

Sykes Creek, Florida

I can see why so many are moving to Florida.

My step-daughter moved to Tampa a couple years ago or more. She seems to like it there a lot. :)

I don’t think it’s the weather that’s got so many moving to Florida - especially from NY, NJ and MA… :*
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• mhardy6647
    edited November 2021
    6t3jnkb2cnih.png

I'm not being sarcastic. I'm 44 years old and I have never seen a 4 track. I can only speculate it was the precursor to the 8 Track?
    It's all good.
    So, there was a "four track" cartridge (from Jim Lear, of Lear Jet fame) that was indeed the precursor to the 8-track.
    EDIT: oops, I effed that up royally. Earl "Madman" Muntz tried ;) to popularize the four-track stereo tape cartridges ("StereoPak").
    dyhpb24ckuu1.png

Jim BILL "Learjet" Lear initially popularized the 8-track. Bless his heart. ;)
    <I either need to start drinkin' way less or way more...>

oslmj79e4qat.png

But those tapes in the image from @SeleniumFalcon are prerecorded four track reel to reel tapes. Actually, perhaps more often called "quarter track stereo" -- the mainstream consumer stereo reel to reel format.
    :)

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    What in the heck are these?
    616m6e31wqzh.png
    Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • mhardy6647
    treitz3 wrote: »
    What in the heck are these?
    616m6e31wqzh.png
    Tom

keine Ahnung (no idea).
    They look kind of electrostaticky. :|

That's a pretty weird pastiche of hardware with them -- to wit, that's a pretty nondescript, and elderly, TEAC consumer tape deck. :p Not really in the same league as the VAC amp, you know?

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Well, when I first looked at the room, I was thinking that it (the room itself) could not be good for those speakers. Single pane windows are notorious for energy leakage. Add to that, the window glaze is completely missing from some of the window panes and it's snowing outside.....a high humidity situation.
    So, if the speakers are electrostatic? They have to have artifacts in the end result due to the high humidity in the room. Regardless, it is a rather weird mismatch of gear but who knows? It could rock his/her world. Personally, me thinks the speakers look like they belong up on top of a cell phone transmission tower.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,197
    edited November 2021
    Muntz TV's.....there was something about a Muntz TV in oh so many ways.
    And it's somewhat sad that the.jingle occupies a prominent space among my neurons after over half a century. ,, 😢

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MCy2Xj9qFAs

Sal Palooza
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    MC Audiotech is a brand new speaker company that has been formed by two industry veterans with over 60 years of combined experience. The Forty-10 speaker is the company's first version and is named after the 10 broadband line source transducers that represent 40 years of development. The pair is powered by 10 identical bending wave speakers that cover anything above 100Hz, as well as two industrial-type woofers and a dedicated hybrid external crossover with low-frequency level/contour controls. The Forty-10s are 4.5 feet tall x 3 feet wide with a mid-century modern vibe with cabinets built with satin walnut veneer and off-white grid fabric, or figured maple with black metal and brown grilles.

35K a pair
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    edited November 2021
    The incredible Braves - and their fans - make one last memory

Terry McGuirk, Brave's Team Chairman “This city has lost its mind

90kqo70pi7jh.jpg

t96043kwd4oo.jpeg

u39sb09xro3a.jpg

xmthb0lwpsyr.jpg

qceundfbblhs.jpg
    9u271rsdk2zz.jpg
    swnrzsykum0a.jpg
    Official Coca-Cola bus with slogan!
    irqpjou8g1tt.jpg
    Henry Aaron's 715 homerun. Removed from old Atl Stadium and moved to Truist Park
    qhd0dzdwj20l.jpg

Note: Estimates of one million people viewed parade from Atlanta to Marietta. I worked for The Coca-Cola Company and all Corporate employees were assigned jobs at the 1996 Olympics. The crowds of the 1996 Olympics cannot be compared to the complete gridlock surrounding the World Series.

On Sunday of the 5th game, at least 100,000 people visited Truist Field and area know as the Battery. The area was closed to allow only ticketed fans to enter. Total gridlock. I read it took 20 minutes to walk three feet. Restroom facilities were overwhelmed as were the bars and restaurants.
    Post edited by BlueBirdMusic on
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • mhardy6647
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Well, when I first looked at the room, I was thinking that it (the room itself) could not be good for those speakers. Single pane windows are notorious for energy leakage. Add to that, the window glaze is completely missing from some of the window panes and it's snowing outside.....a high humidity situation.
    So, if the speakers are electrostatic? They have to have artifacts in the end result due to the high humidity in the room. Regardless, it is a rather weird mismatch of gear but who knows? It could rock his/her world. Personally, me thinks the speakers look like they belong up on top of a cell phone transmission tower.

Tom

Hmmm... maybe it's a wifi hotspot. B)

Around here, when it is cold and snowy, the humidity is usually in negative numbers and pretty much everything can operate as an electrostatic transducer :#

layelokg64fs.png
    pdo20wygpyyb.png

https://dilbert.com/search_results?terms=god of thunder

• mhardy6647
    Muntz TV's.....there was something about a Muntz TV in oh so many ways.
    And it's somewhat sad that the.jingle occupies a prominent space among my neurons after over half a century. ,, 😢

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MCy2Xj9qFAs

Muntz's "engineers" :p were directed to build the cheapest TVs possible. The story is told that they'd build a prototype, then start deleting circuitry until it stopped working. The product would include that last circuit they'd deleted.
    The process even spawned a name: "Muntzing". You could look it up. B)

7y625wrroc1t.png
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Muntz? Hmmmm, that sounds like a combination of 2 words that both describe the same thing. :o
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    Viking64 wrote: »
    llc8dwvv0u7k.jpg

These must be going around cause Rebecca saw this & selcj6g3h73imd.png
    nt it to me yesterday
    Randy/Maine
  • boston1450
    Very cool mark. Is that view taken from your house looking out over the fields ?
    Randy/Maine
  • boston1450
    Beautiful pictures
    Randy/Maine