PolkFest Reserve Deal—EXTENDED For Forum Members

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited November 2021 in The Clubhouse
So, did you make it to Polk Fest? We’d love to hear your stories. Here's an early report we received from the Reserve R200 listening session:

“Ok, so the R200’s. I’m going to go out on a limb and say, unequivocally that these are the best value in audio right now. Period. Full Stop. They do nothing poorly and most everything exceptionally well. At its price point, I don’t see how you could expect or get better performance. The bass extension and impact is just insane. Midrange clarity, detail and nuance is spot on. Transparent? YES! Treble is airy, open and extended without being fatiguing or bright. Just an AMAZING speaker to listen to.” –TroyD

Couldn’t make it to PolkFest this year? Or did you make it, but are now bummed out that you didn’t win the R200 Raffle? Don’t worry, we have a consolation prize:

Like Legend last month, we’re running a super-sweet, exclusive, price-to-low to post, offer on the entire Reserve Series, now through November 1stNovember 8th. Simply email us at polkforum@soundunited.com to receive an exclusive discount on our Polk Reserve speakers. You can use the discount to get your hands on a pair of R200s or go all the way and build a Reserve 7.2.4 Dolby Atmos configuration…it’s up to you, but only for a limited time.

All we ask in return is that you post a review of your new Reserve speakers on PolkAudio.com. And we’d like to invite you to follow @PolkAudio on Instagram and tag us in your pics of your setup.

Remember, this offer is only for Polk Forum Members and ONLY until November 1st November 8th. so send that email off to polkforum@soundunited.com today to ask for your discount.

And you didn’t hear it from me, but this may be a good time to invite your friends to join the forum…nudge, nudge, wink, wink.
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    That's the 2nd time I read Troy's mini review . . . Seems like ya can't go wrong, I'm down for some bookies!
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Yep, R200 in white.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    Folks.

Bag a pair of the R200s. They are THAT GOOD.

RUN! ....put the scissors down first...and get these in your stable of gear. Thank me later.
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    I hit the send button. B)
  • GlennDog
    TroyD wrote: »
    Folks.

Bag a pair of the R200s. They are THAT GOOD.

RUN! ....put the scissors down first...and get these in your stable of gear. Thank me later.

Where yours in black? I cannot find decent pics of the faux wood or white

Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    3e7t124hopc3.jpg
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• GlennDog
    edited October 2021
    Thanks!

I like the rounded corners

Just for schiits and giggles. Ya think 2 pair would work for HT? 2 as mains & 2 as surrounds? Or overkill?
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    You'd need a center to go with the 2 pairs.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,500
    I can vouch for exactly how stunning these r200's are. Haven't had a truly eye opening experience from a new Polk product like I did when I heard these little bookies (and how much they cost).....well......ever. They are that good.

Their bass extension borders on the absurd for a bookshelf, but not even remotely boomy. they're just so.....balanced....from top to bottom.

The black is the most laid back of the 3 appearance wise.....subtle.....unassuming....but in a good way.

No BS........they might have single handedly got me back into serious 2 channel after a long hiatus. I'd throw them against any booky up to a G to win in a shootout blind.

gonna take Polk up because I am seriously considering the 100's to try for nearfield monitoring in my studio.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • GlennDog
    of course. Just kick'n the HT option around . . . thanks Jesse
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,968
    The R200 kicked serious butt for the dollar!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • mhardy6647
    offer.
    acquired.
    :)

I'm goin' in...
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Hit send on my own email because I like to emulate @mhardy6647
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • TroyD
    The black is attractive and unassuming. The walnut looks fine.....you aren't going to mistake it for real wood, but, it's not terrible looking and I like the contrast.

White? That is just wrong. If I had white speakers I'd have to kick my own a$$.

My preference would be black then walnut.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    Absolutely Incredible!!! You guys are awesome!!
  • TroyD
    Well that helped me decide for sure, white it is.

Obviously you are a rebel and a nonconformist.

- The Burgermeister Meisterburger
  • mhardy6647
    edited October 2021
    Hit send on my own email because I like to emulate @mhardy6647
    That way lies madness.
    :#

A pair of brown ;) R200s is en route.
    I am stoked.

ajzlpg7iijfo.gif

TroyD wrote: »
    The black is attractive and unassuming. The walnut looks fine.....you aren't going to mistake it for real wood, but, it's not terrible looking and I like the contrast.

White? That is just wrong. If I had white speakers I'd have to kick my own a$$.

My preference would be black then walnut.

From my twisted perspective, brown Contact Paper I mean Walnut vinyl wrap hearkens back to the days when Polk Monitors were king of the dorms @ JHU... and Matt was juggling ;)

cg1782vxem7l.jpg

(well, maybe the juggling came later)

My Monitor 7As are... ahem... orange Contact Paper I mean Rosewood vinyl. Grotesque, but the price was right and they sounded (and still sound) great -- especially at their price point.

10944888976_998ec76e53_c.jpgPolkmonitor7Asn4900 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

Heck, even my LF14 was orange. :#

10730024924_0f9548f89d_c.jpgDSC_1151 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
  • TroyD
    edited October 2021
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Wow. mhardy6647 actually bought something new instead of finding it in the dump. Is the world coming to an end? :)

REPENT SINNERS!

Those 7A’s are bada$$.

Here is a look at the brown….2ykpnbfiptvb.jpeg
    ifi772t63g9t.jpeg
    apnqbow70m7t.jpeg

• mhardy6647
    edited October 2021
    Borrowed one of the photos above of the R200:

dqlbs7xu4l3v.png

Here's the L200, for comparison -- real walnut veneer, IIRC.

48952151388_66f6ff29fa_b.jpgDSC_6910 (2) by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

Don't get all on my case about that those fingerprints, 'K? :#
  • ALL212
    ALL212 Posts: 1,553
    You can “stack” discount codes.

On visiting the site I was offered 10% off with a code for signing up for offers.

On checkout I used both codes and it gave me both.

200’s on the way.
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    ALL212 wrote: »

On visiting the site I was offered 10% off with a code for signing up for offers.

200’s on the way.

Dang man! You're on a roll....
  • ALL212
    ALL212 Posts: 1,553
    edited October 2021
    ALL212 wrote: »

200’s on the way.

Math… numbers… ick

Stacked - 10% off total and then this discount from that total.

Still a good deal but figuring that invoice out was a big deal to this math challenged village idjit!!
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire