Consensus on Full Sized Pickup Trucks

1235»

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Toyota Tundra
    Some of the body lines remind me of Chevy/GM
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,065
    Viking64 wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »
    That's one ugly Taco.

I told a girl that once.

And you told her only once.
  • Ford F150
    I had forgotten that I'd posted about my new at the time Ranger. My reviews now aren't quite as favorable now that I've lived with it for over a year. Ford made some inexcusable bo bo-s and obviously needs some better engineers imo. I'm betting those oversights are included on the 150's which would make that a no go as well.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited September 2021
    Toyota Tundra
    I had forgotten that I'd posted about my new at the time Ranger. My reviews now aren't quite as favorable now that I've lived with it for over a year. Ford made some inexcusable bo bo-s and obviously needs some better engineers imo. I'm betting those oversights are included on the 150's which would make that a no go as well.

I'd be interested in hearing some specific boo-boos (or is that boos-boo?) if/when you'd care to share.
    I mention this because I do like the looks of the new Ranger, and compared to the bloated behemoths that the "full size" pick-'em-ups have become, the Ranger looks (comparatively!) lithe and nimble! :)

Many years ago, Ford made great trucks, but for the past 20 years or so, they seem to have become awfully persnickety and unreliable. :(
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,043
    edited September 2021
    Ford F150
    ^^^^^Sure thing; I think most any automaker out there should at least have a comfortable seat figured out. After all it is 2021 and not 1921. The Ranger has dropped the ball on their seat. My average sized frame gets a very annoying back ache from that thing called a seat at anything over a 40 mile trip. Ergonomics for climate control was made way more complicated than it should be. Why are the analog dial controls for the radio next to climate control shouldn't they be closer to the radio that they control? Even after several months with the truck I still have to take my eyes off the road for an air conditioning or heater adjustment. To me this is totally unacceptable. It's also a 4 wheel drive with a tow package. So I wonder why aren't heated mirrors standard? This makes pulling a trailer with ice or dew on the mirrors such a joy. And this last bo bo actually took some creative engineering for pure aggravation. The truck has to go up on a lift and have a front wheel removed to change the oil. Now that's some good thinking there. I wasn't able to get to the dealer for my first change so I thought I'd do it myself. After 10 minutes of crawling around underneath it I hadn't been able to spot the drain plug. Thanks a lot Ford. Turning radius isn't all that tight which also makes backing up a trailer a chore. Calling it nimble would be stretching things quite a bit. But the truck does go good, I've had an even ton of blocks in it with no problem and it gets decent mileage.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Why do some posts have a truck model as the first line? Does Vanilla do that, or is there some option to enable?

jaqkd8gbybvq.jpeg
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    OP poll. The Ram 1500 Limited longhorn with the 3.0L Ecodiesel is what I'd get. Not an option in the poll though. 30mpg, torque up the ying yang. SUPER comfy heated/cooled seats on long drives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXWk87s0vVk

Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,556
    Come on. TOYOTA. Recommended by 9 out of 10 terrorists worldwide.
    Hard to find a more reliable heavy gun platform.
    baj0t2cdcz65.jpg

"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Ford F150
    sucks2beme wrote: »
    Come on. TOYOTA. Recommended by 9 out of 10 terrorists worldwide.
    Hard to find a more reliable heavy gun platform.
    baj0t2cdcz65.jpg

That plumber had no idea his trade in would make world news, that is going to be one hell of a service call🙂