• CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    8j23rj5aeb9s.jpg

There is a person in this pic.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited July 2021
    bkqf50h4k11p.png

I'm not an AI Bot on the internet ;) but you might also like to "follow" this photographer at Flikr, @SeleniumFalcon -- lots of trains and aircraft (old and new), so he pushes a couple of my image fave buttons, at any rate. :)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/georgehamlin/

51300157175_7da35b3a8a_b.jpg21-6296 by George Hamlin, on Flickr

some places & things I'll bet you'll recognize :)

49316826797_e73860b87a_b.jpg19-9138bw by George Hamlin, on Flickr

29421459206_581e5f08c8_b.jpg16-5713 by George Hamlin, on Flickr

13394210785_c06d662d0f_b.jpgal1836 by George Hamlin, on Flickr

51187121835_215f0d5057_b.jpg21-5531 by George Hamlin, on Flickr

51244512432_49f63da2f9_b.jpgrr13317 by George Hamlin, on Flickr

Too bad he doesn't do hifi. ;)
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Meanwhile, not in CA…

1ke4a98boufk.jpeg
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    looks like the heavy band is goin' right across our ol' neighborhood. :|
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Don’t you worry. You’ll get your fair share of this rain ;)

Hopefully my maters don’t rot out with all of this water…
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,475
    edited July 2021
    CH46E wrote: »
    8j23rj5aeb9s.jpg

I'd love to one day see trees like those in person. Giant redwoods and sequoias are a personal bucket list of mine
  • CH46E
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    8j23rj5aeb9s.jpg

I'd love to one day see trees like those in person. Giant redwoods and sequoias are a personal bucket list of mine

I've been a few times. Very worth a trip. Id love to rent an RV and hit Yosemite (my favorite park) then a few others in CA.

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,475
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    8j23rj5aeb9s.jpg

I've been a few times. Very worth a trip. Id love to rent an RV and hit Yosemite (my favorite park) then a few others in CA.

Yes one of the only reasons I'd travel to California is to check out the national parks there. I'm sure it's spectacular!
  • CH46E

Highest temp i could find today was 128 degrees. They are forecasting 130 for tomorrow. The lowest I could find for Antarctica is -82. Crazy to think we can have a 210 degree split on this planet.

lysuyavrpvja.jpg
    900yas6ljfiv.jpg
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Now I'm waiting for the surrounds to arrive in a few days... :p

1eyb2ybxtz9s.png

New wires were installed to replace the corroded ones;

aopdl2297xts.png

l2z9qccoe944.png

i5boirdmiczx.png

It was fun to prep these speakers for a new life;

99vwz1q6i96a.png

s6j44n15ate9.png

571kr4cbt5rz.png

qkk9pznh9tc6.png

2ynxgpzk5pac.png

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,453
    Joni Mitchell and her brother Chuck recording on a Wollensak (most everyone's high school had several of those).

3q0fr0k0o1to.png
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 999
    8j23rj5aeb9s.jpg

Truly mind boggling!
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • TEAforONE
    Highest temp i could find today was 128 degrees. They are forecasting 130 for tomorrow. The lowest I could find for Antarctica is -82. Crazy to think we can have a 210 degree split on this planet.

lysuyavrpvja.jpg
    900yas6ljfiv.jpg

Ya,but it’s a dry heat.

• Tony M
    edited July 2021
    I bought this issue years ago just for the Sequoia article and fold out. B)

https://youtu.be/vNCH6uhB_Bs
  • gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    edited July 2021
    I’ve been near Death Valley.

88 miles due south in the Mojave Desert/Ft Irwin/NTC in July. 125+ is common w/13-15% humidity - 18% considered high.

Its a place you can get into trouble from dehydration VERY quickly. I recall experiencing a chill, however brief, immediately after an outdoor shower when the wind whipped up.
    Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • CH46E
    Tony M wrote: »

Very cool foldout that was. Cool side note. The guy in the bright green jacket at the 40 second mark is Jim Spickler. We grew up together in Barstow CA. Our family's were very close. He is also in the foldout pic and if you watched that entire episode he is on Netflix he is featured a few times.
  • TEAforONE

The only way you’d get me up there,is to photoshop me!
  • CH46E
    edited July 2021
    TEAforONE wrote: »

The only way you’d get me up there,is to photoshop me!

I'm deathly, knee knocking, nausea inducing scared of heights. But I might pop a Xanax and some Nitroglycerin to keep from having a heart attack and go for it. That would be an amazing opportunity. I think that tree is named imperion or hyperion. I'm pretty sure it has been dated to 3,200 years old. Edit: my bad, its between 600 and 800 years old. And it's Hyperion.
  • Tony M

Very cool foldout that was. Cool side note. The guy in the bright green jacket at the 40 second mark is Jim Spickler. We grew up together in Barstow CA. Our family's were very close. He is also in the foldout pic and if you watched that entire episode he is on Netflix he is featured a few times.

Small world!

That's SOOO cool you know a guy who went up there during that research and photo shoot.

I don't think I can trust a rope or those squirrelly things that the rope goes through. I'm 75% sure something would fail JUST because I'm using it/them.

My wife was born in Barstow. Met her here at Wrightsville Bch. NC. Her parents moved a few times before settling in Surf City just up the road from here.
  • CH46E

Small world!

That's SOOO cool you know a guy who went up there during that research and photo shoot.

I don't think I can trust a rope or those squirrelly things that the rope goes through. I'm 75% sure something would fail JUST because I'm using it/them.

My wife was born in Barstow. Met her here at Wrightsville Bch. NC. Her parents moved a few times before settling in Surf City just up the road from here.

Small world indeed. If she ever went to Dr. Paul Spickler DDS dentists across from the main Post Office she has met his dad.

Here is a cool video of him. The Eagle Wisperer.
    https://youtu.be/Fe20wV7h3KE

Does your wife remember what street she lived on?
  • Tony M

Small world!

Small world indeed. If she ever went to Dr. Paul Spickler DDS dentists across from the main Post Office she has met his dad.

Here is a cool video of him. The Eagle Wisperer.
    https://youtu.be/Fe20wV7h3KE

Does your wife remember what street she lived on?

Eagles are majestic birds for sure. My wife watches those nest cameras all the time.

She's in bed now. I'll ask tomorrow.