My down-sizing pics.. Anybody else have any you want to share?

Tony M
Tony M Posts: 11,009
edited January 2021 in The Clubhouse
Here's a space I worked on tonight.

You can see I still have oddities and many likes. Chess anyone?

5x9n9w859ti3.png

rfb6r6wba10j.png
Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    I'm too dumb to play chess.
  • Tony M
    Clipdat wrote: »

I can teach you in one week. It's fun!
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    Tony M wrote: »

yea right, tip of the iceberg. ;)
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • Clipdat

Oh I know what all the different pieces do and how they move, I'm just way too stupid to play and win.
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    it's said you're not a beginner until you know how the pieces move and the rules. :)
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • Tony M
    edited January 2021
    It's simply about who you want to sacrifice to win...

There's a point system for each piece which really helped me when I was 12 years old.
    I learned to try and save the higher point value pieces. :p

This is a GREAT picture! But I guess Hugh was a spectator to that match.

mwb7l5pknqat.png
  • Clipdat
    It's a thinking man's game. Therefore, not for me.
  • Tony M
    It took a computer programmer like yourself to beat the best players in the world. ;)
  • Tony M wrote: »

There's a point system for each piece which really helped me when I was 12 years old.

mwb7l5pknqat.png

Or he could have been playing with himself.
    That's a possibility.
    Sal Palooza
  • Tony M wrote: »

mwb7l5pknqat.png

That's a possibility.

No, that is a sly look. The photographer must not have on clothes.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    And there's lots of room under that table for a bunny
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • audioluvr
    That's okay Bruce, that's why we... I like pizza.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Tony M
    There's just some books I can't let go of.

There's some books that stayed on the shelfs too. But it's 75% going out to charity stores.

r5dcwltcp74b.png
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907

mwb7l5pknqat.png

Nice looking Chess set and board.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    If I’ve said it once...

YARD SALE!!!!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Tony M
    We've tried yard sales before.

10 people showed up. That was before covid.
  • Tony M
    tozucfm5x8w9.png

a3fkdodapbxz.png

7 more boxes ready to go tomorrow. But this time, a bunch of boxes are smaller.

This will be the 4th trip donating mostly books. The tail-pipe almost drags the ground from the weight. :D
    5cp0hf837r3y.png

• audioluvr
    edited January 2021
    Looking good! I had to finally throw away my " DOS 1.0 made easy" books too. ;)
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• Tony M
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Looking good! I had to finally throw away my " DOS 1.0 made easy" books too. ;)

I see DOS.1 was in 1981. I have no idea what it is but it used floppy discs. :D That is old tech for sure. ;)

I just tonight, saw 3 more shelves or shelving that has books I need to get rid of. I just bagged some Consumer reports yearly books. I've been saving them for 20+ years. :s
    They're little but still...they filled a plastic grocery bag FULL!

Stuff like that is opening my eyes and brain as to how much I brought home OR came in the mail little by little and I thought I might read or looks at some books or need to check on a car's reliability if I needed to buy one in the future. I kept the 2020 CR book.

But my time on earth is running out and I'll never be able to read or look through these books like I had planned too. The books I'm saving will def. be gone through again for a second round of purging! Then a third round probably.

In the past 2 weeks I also have seen duplicate copies of nice books I picked up over the years and at different times of course but still... :s

This purging feels great! :p
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034

mwb7l5pknqat.png

That's a possibility.
    Barbi Benton is under the table.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    There's just some books I can't let go of.

There's some books that stayed on the shelfs too. But it's 75% going out to charity stores.

r5dcwltcp74b.png

Got some interesting books there I see
    Randy/Maine
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Yeah, we're downsizing my dad's stuff.
    7wv0gg4tqprr.jpg
    6rxi0k4j75hd.jpg

"This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • audioluvr
    I would keep the come-a-longs... And the butterfingers.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• jdjohn
    There's no telling what's in that Butterfingers box, but I guarantee you it's not Butterfingers :p
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    jdjohn wrote: »
    There's no telling what's in that Butterfingers box, but I guarantee you it's not Butterfingers :p

That case of green beans looks tasty...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • jdjohn
    He would use those shallow cardboard box 'trays' for storing cassette tapes, VHS tapes, CDs, digital cameras, walkmans, discmans. I wouldn't be surprised if the boxes in those pics are loaded with cassettes. The bigger boxes behind the ladder and next to the speakers are full of albums. There are many, many more boxes of albums to the right, not in the picture. Several more R2R decks on the other side of that shelving, and many boxes of open-reel tapes.

These pics were taken a little over a week ago, so don't include all the other gear I've posted about here on CP over the last few years. He had a lot more gear (and media) in the upstairs part of the house as well, stacked in closets, the pantry, etc. Just a crazy amount of stuff.
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    Do you think you'll be selling most of it? If so, will you be offering any of it for sale here?
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Throw it all away and find out what you really needed. I know I did.
  • Tony M
    edited January 2021
    jdjohn wrote: »
    Yeah, we're downsizing my dad's stuff.
    7wv0gg4tqprr.jpg
    6rxi0k4j75hd.jpg

That reminds me of what I've owned through the years. I've stored receivers on edge also.

Him and I must be related! ;)

That's an impressive collection.

Do you know what he had for a system that he was listening to?

I see an 8MM projector.
    Funny, someone just posted some 8MM films on our local Craig's list for cheap. Quite a few Frankenstein movies . I then went to see what they're selling for on eBay. They're about 10.00 for a Frankenstein movie. I thought it would be cool and kind-of a trip back in time to watch how it was back then.