Things that make you go HMMM...

Options

Comments

• fish357
    fish357 Posts: 304
    Options
    fish357 wrote: »
    9czqemlndk43.jpeg

That's the Git-r-DUN spirit right there, I tell ya wut...
    It’s even more funny that they’re in a trailer park.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,438
    Options
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,518
    Options
    Those are actually coded messages.
  • audioluvr
    Options
    WTF?
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    edited October 2020
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    WTF?

you're supposed to go hmmm.

B)

It was at a seafood place in Maine. Mrs. H took the photo on a birding junket.
    I use it in one of my lectures to illustrate the structure of chitin, which is a polymer of beta-linked N-acetylglucosamine. :)

I think the crustacean on the Beetle is made o' fiberglass, though.

Interestingly (real) beetles' exoskeletons are also chitin.

:#

t8fi08e1h7ll.png
  • audioluvr
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Aah Doc! Should have known there was a lecture involved somewhere. Chitin production is one of nature's way of reducing atmospheric carbon isn't it?
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,518
    Options
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    8nni9x3et3t1.png

PFB moved on from Boxters I see.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • audioluvr
    Options
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• audioluvr
    Options
    She wants to harvest your nuts...
    https://classifieds.gorge.net/show/nyz3th8j
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• audioluvr
    Options
    I'm guessing the canoe is worth $900?
    https://classifieds.gorge.net/show/e53d4nvd
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• mhardy6647
    Options

Fine lookin' Disel. A little WD-40 and some degreaser and that puppy'll be purrin' in no time.

• audioluvr
    Options
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,650
    Options

If it doesn't work, jostle it a bit and give it a couple slaps. Resounding confidence, lol...
  • mhardy6647
    Options

If it doesn't work, jostle it a bit and give it a couple slaps. Resounding confidence, lol...

Classic troubleshooting techniques (if not parental best practices). B)

I've told all y'all my father's joke, right?
    My father was a TV repair person, which explains everything.

Back in the old days, when a TV broke down, you'd call a TV repair shop and someone would come to your house and work on it. :#
    One day, a fellow did just that, because his TV wasn't working properly. TV repair person came in, turned on the set, looked at the picture (or lack of same, as the case may have been), walked slowly around the set, then stopped beside it and gave it a sharp kick.

The TV instantly began to work perfectly.

TV repair person wrote out a bill for $75 and handed it to the flabbergasted customer.

"Seventy five dollars?!", the enraged customer fumed. "All you did was kick it."

"Yes", replied the TV repair person calmly and evenly. "But I had to know where to kick it."

ih6yv2z16o5r.png
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,650
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

My father was a TV repair person, which explains everything.

So was Jeff Spicoli's pop. Had an ultimate set of tools.

• mhardy6647
    edited December 2020
    Options
    My father's were a pastiche of very good and very mediocre.
    I have some of them. I use some of them, too.

49064033718_83217b7608_b.jpgDSC_7526 (2) by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

His ol' Mighty-Mite (e.g.). It's no TV-7, but it is a good everyday tester for emission, grid leakage, and shorts.

PS I had to look up Jeff Spicoli. I knew the name was familiar.
    I'm so wasted...

• audioluvr
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Gotta read the whole description...

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/rvs/d/portland-renovated-school-bus/7259426208.html

hy8gu149eedi.png

Thanks for viewing my post.

It's an automatic with a allison transmission, brand new drivetrain, and a basically new caterpillar 3208 motor.

I have had this school bus for over 10 years now, and I've put a lot of love into it. Thousands of hours of work, blood, sweat, and tears.

It runs and drives, but I wouldn't take it on any road trips. I personally have been renting it out of my back yard off 82nd for 2 years at $800 a month. My girlfriend, her best friend, and I recently put over 100 hours of work into the inside, and before that was when I rented it. So you will be able to get even more from air bnb or just a higher monthly fee depending on the location.

It has a working wood stove. It's an antique from 1865, yes 1865. It has recently been "refurbished", we did some amateur welding on it, but we've used it a bunch since then and it works terrificly!

It also has a full sized bath tub. We recently put up cedar boards around the tub, and it's a really cool design. You and your friends will be really impressed.

There is 900w of solar, with a mppt charge controller, and two deep cycle batteries. On long trips I have been able to power all my stuff with this setup. But recently the solar has only been powering the microboard on the refrigerator, and the bus has just been plugged into city power.

The california king sized bed in the back is practically new, and it's a very comfortable bed. We have recently sewn some nice fabric to encompass the bed to keep it insulated at night, and give a fluffy comfy vibe. We aren't quite done with this addition so more pictures to follow soon.

The domatic refrigerator is actually quite accommodating. I lived in the bus for 7 years with no issues, and none of my tennants have opted to put anything in the house freezer/fridge. So I feel like it's the perfect size fridge. Also it's an older style. Very basic. So it always seems to work. The fridge runs off propane, or electric from the house. I was only able to run the fridge off the solar when the sun was really out, and even then it was a battle. I'm pretty sure if you're knowledgeable about solar you could rewire, and/or get more batteries, and get more out of them than I ever did. The batteries are fairly new. They are my second set of batteries since I got the bus.

The shower simply drains onto a gravel pit at my house. I've never had any issues with pooling, and I make sure my tennants know to use bioavailable, and easily degradable soaps in the shower and sink. The sink works really well. I love having a big sink. Most rvs try and get away with a tiny sink. I love not having to do my dishes right away, and having a place to do them.

For cooking I personally used a toaster oven, and an electronic or gas cook top, but when I offer these things to my tennants they always opt for a microwave, or they have already had something.

The reason I am considering selling this is because it has become an obvious anchor in my life. While that isn't always a bad thing, and I have been able to make a substantial amount of money renting it out, I feel like I want to explore, namely Panama. With the boarders closed to traffic I must fly to get to Panama, and this means no bus. I could rent it out while I'm away, but then I have to worry about coming back etc.. The heart wants what it wants.

In order for me to feel comfortable driving this thing around I'd want to put a turbo on it. The original motor was turbocharged. When I put the new (used 5000 mile) motor in it the newer motor was not a turbo. I didn't know at the time that meant I would be going only 30mph up hills. Some people don't mind this and while the bus will go 60-70mph down hills or straight aways going up hill is a battle. Also the ignition needs to be wired so I have to start the bus with a screw driver in the back of the bus. Which never bothered me, but I definitely don't see it as a selling point either. Someone with the right skills or maybe knows a guy could throw a turbo charger on, and wire the ignition, and have a sweet ride ready to travel around, or if you don't mind going 25-30mph up every hill this could be the travel mobile for you.

For me I think it's best suited to be a rental. As I said I have made a lot of money renting it out these past two years, and with the new remodel inside it should catch a great price per month in the right location.

I havn't gone over all the eccentricities, or cool things so if you have any questions please feel free to email or text. Text would be better for me.

I am also willing to come deliver it to your property and I can get it situated in very tight spaces. Where I have it parked now one might assume I flew it in with a helicopter it was such a tight fit.

Thank for reading. Hope to hear from you soon.

Joel

I am open to any and all cash or bitcoin offers. I feel there is no real way to set a value on something I've spent so many house with so please do not "flame" me or flag my post because you don't agree with my price. I have worked harder on this bus and more hours than most people work on things in their whole life. So please be respectful even if you don't see my bus as valuable, maybe someone will see the work I've done and want my bus as a part of their life
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    The heart wants what it wants.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,063
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Forgetting the title of the thread, I literally read about the bus for sale and then said to myself...hmmm. :D:D
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,984
    Options
    I wonder if he can spell Grateful Dead?
  • audioluvr
    Options
    I like the patio and hot tub? on the roof. Nice touch of class. :D
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• mhardy6647
    Options
    dromunds wrote: »
    I wonder if he can spell Grateful Dead?

Heck, I can spell it two different ways-- and I sometimes do. One of them is correct.

B)
  • audioluvr
    Options
    Got to be one of the dumbest commercials.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv0UTyqSZpc&feature=youtu.be
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• audioluvr
    Options
    Kinda hard to drive like that.

w9yososmr75b.jpg
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• mrbigbluelight
    Options
    And, so, the Legend of Melon Man began. !

9x0b2scn31fy.jpg
    Sal Palooza
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    Kinda hard to drive like that.

w9yososmr75b.jpg

Rolling dumpster. Sadly I have a family member who's a horder. You can fit more in there. I've seen it.
  • audioluvr
    Options
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC