Things that make you go HMMM...

Options
A great place to post the bazaar, funny and just down right stupid stuff you come across.

I'll start. Stumps for sale! Get your sumps here!

https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/mat/d/tree-stumps/7150928770.html

ohms2ti0b9tu.jpg
Gustard X26 Pro DAC
Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus

Comments

• NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,815
    Options
    with the root ball no less....nice find
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    Options
    For the adventurous stump lover there is even a stump “grinder”
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,513
    Options
    And quite a bargain, too.
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,096
    Options
    p69byx6y1ysv.jpg

No affil.

Provenance? NOT!
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Ah crap! Someone got a grinder? Offered on their "Sasquatch Off-road Package" ??? I keep thinking of the Jack Links " Messing with Sasquatch" commercials! Hilarious!

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/ford-erasing-wrangler-name-broncos-tires

Gustard X26 Pro DAC

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,430
    Options
    Running unshielded power and signal cables in parallel runs will make you go hmmm.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    Options
    There is a tree removal company here that will dig out desirable stumps rather than grind them down. They dig them out whole and take them back to their yard. They sell them to people who will then either slice the stumps up for the burl as a panel or laminate or they clean them up and turn them in to things like coffee tables and end tables, often with clear or colored epoxy to highlight the natural imperfections.

The average price of the stumps from what I've seen is about $350. Size matters, obviously. But a $350 stump will get turned into a $1500 table.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,029
    Options
    Jstas wrote: »
    The average price of the stumps from what I've seen is about $350. Size matters, obviously. But a $350 stump will get turned into a $1500 table.

Nearly as good a gross margin as audiophile wires.

B)

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

B)

Yeah, it's not hard to do at all, either. Makes me think I could build some tables that would hold audio gear and pre-wire them with some audiophile wires. Then I could turn a $100 tree stump and $50 of epoxy into $15,000 worth of audiophile coffee table!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

B)

Yeah, it's not hard to do at all, either. Makes me think I could build some tables that would hold audio gear and pre-wire them with some audiophile wires. Then I could turn a $100 tree stump and $50 of epoxy into $15,000 worth of audiophile coffee table!

I got 4 or 5 monster oaks that I want taken down, probably measure between 2 or 3' diameter from the caliper up to about 8', might be worth keeping instead of just adding to the firewood stock.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    ... it wood would be cool, and novel (the 'found wood' hifi rack, that is). Seems like an opportunity that beckons! :)

Be sure to listen to Fresh Aire III when you demo them. B)

k7ronn2i8esu.png
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited August 2020
    Options
    5awngoh688q7.png
    Ah, Mannheim Steamroller none other than C. W. McCall who gave the world of truckers their musical anthem: "Convoy"
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,430
    Options
    I thought that was Jerry Reed?
    https://youtu.be/8QAEmCuBnck
    I disabled signatures.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,679
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    I thought that was Jerry Reed?

Pish-Posh!! Balderdash!!! Codswallop!!!!!

That would be Dave Dudley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdpf4nw5BzI
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,556
    Options
    Jerry Reed was a bada$$!!
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    Ah, Mannheim Steamroller none other than C. W. McCall who gave the world of truckers their musical anthem: "Convoy"

aka Chip Davis "IRL" :)
  • aprazer402
    edited July 2020
    Options
    ^^^ William Dale Fries Jr. (aka C.W. McCall), "Fries wrote the (Convoy) lyrics and sang, while Chip Davis, later of Mannheim Steamroller, wrote the music."
    Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C._W._McCall
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    Options
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    New York did it right. Hmmm
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    ^^^ William Dale Fries Jr. (aka C.W. McCall), "Fries wrote the (Convoy) lyrics and sang, while Chip Davis, later of Mannheim Steamroller, wrote the music."
    Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C._W._McCall

Right-o! Good catch. Fries was an ad-man, if memory serves. All started with a bread company's ad campaign -- again, if memory serves.

FWIW, I liked the first "big" CW McCall hit, Wolf Creek Pass, even better than Convoy, I think. Sort of a close cousin to Harry Chapin's great 30,000 Pounds of Bananas.

https://youtu.be/OGldNpngDws

• seabeerob213
    seabeerob213 Posts: 1,840
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Spotted in Facebook

rtbd06l258dp.jpg
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • aprazer402
    edited July 2020
    Options
    https://omaha.craigslist.org/ele/d/omaha-money/7167799740.html

No affil.

WTF - Strange, never seen this before. The bills are stamped COPY on them.

EDIT: I guess you can buy this stuff, even on Amazon, fairly cheap.

b5i907qbbccy.jpg
    dkbss9svzg0q.jpg
    n1mo8ss47k83.jpg

• audioluvr
    Options
    That's just a cavity search waiting to happen.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• audioluvr
    Options
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »

Great news! You should have plenty of time to get your pennies together to pick this one up. The lister posted it as a 'JC Penny' rather than a 'JC Penney' model. It won't come up for all those collectors searching with the proper spelling.

Good luck!
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    teekay0007 wrote: »
    audioluvr wrote: »

Great news! You should have plenty of time to get your pennies together to pick this one up. The lister posted it as a 'JC Penny' rather than a 'JC Penney' model. It won't come up for all those collectors searching with the proper spelling.

Good luck!
    [emphasis added]

That's a pro tip, right there, folks!

Sort of like "Soundesign" and "Sounddesign" B)

or "harmon/kardon"

B)

• audioluvr
    Options
    This made me giggle. What about a dump truck?
    https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649658829-bampk-m200-monoblocks/
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    Options
    fish357 wrote: »
    9czqemlndk43.jpeg

That's the Git-r-DUN spirit right there, I tell ya wut...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson