Positive things from 2020.............

2»

Comments

• Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,893
    • Kids loving remote learning, getting “A” grades across the board, and higher than 4 GPA’s.
    • Wife loving remote working, will probably never go back to the downtown office in L.A.
    • Biggest earnings ever, luckily (well, theoretically, there’s also some talent involved, so not just luck). 💰💰
    • New truck.
    • New horse trailer.
    • Really getting to enjoy our wonderful home and neighborhood more than usual. Great people living in our area. Very respectful.
    Alea jacta est!
  • ykq0rlp57mx4.jpg
    This album was released
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    GM finally built a legendary car after four decades of nothing...

LOL legendary now thats farkin funny..clearly you are totally out of the loop when it comes to the major problems already suffered.wow where to begin..but then again maybe if you actually had one...a little research before posting will do ya good...need the links ?? I am happy to supply em....thanks for the evenings chuckle.....
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    edited January 2021
    NotaSuv wrote: »
    GM finally built a legendary car after four decades of nothing...

LOL legendary now thats farkin funny..clearly you are totally out of the loop when it comes to the major problems already suffered.wow where to begin..but then again maybe if you actually had one...a little research before posting will do ya good...need the links ?? I am happy to supply em....thanks for the evenings chuckle.....

I can guarantee with certainty I know more about these cars than you do, and am keenly aware of every issue they have had, from valve springs to DCT issues and fit/finish concerns... ALL of them. I have 40 years in the car business including management, from sale to service, and to assembly line, for many different makes. The biggest POS vehicles on the planet happen to be Jeeps...

I have many friends that are influential collectors, designers and executives in the car business as well. As for you, I have had enough of your BS and casting aspersions on my knowledge, experiences and character.

Welcome to my bozo list, and thanks for the offer to buy my Krell. I would rather give it away to PFB than sell to you for triple my price.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    We did NOT get hit by a dinosaur killing asteroid.

Explains those anklyosauruses that were rootin' around in the trash yesterday...
    :#
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    We did NOT get hit by a dinosaur killing asteroid.

No, but the Borg are working on a trans-warp conduit as we speak.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Anklyosauruses

I thoughf that you might have been trying to sneak in a fancy madeup word, but...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SopCEpyiROY4
    Sal Palooza
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,961
    My wife commented just the other day that while 2020 was not a great year by any means for us we are thankful that for a change we did not lose a family member or close friend. Funny she said that to me as recently I was thinking the exact same thing.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • Kex
    Looking back on the mood in February and March, when the markets crashed faster than ever in history, and more that at any time since the Great Depression, it seemed that we could be in for a horrendous 2020. Not just deaths, but the potential for a sustained economic collapse.

The incredible resilience of businesses, and the consumer, not just in the 🇺🇸, but around the world, has been impressive. Some businesses (online retail) went from strength to strength, fueled by the consumer, and demand (servers, technology).

Remote working and learning is leading to a fundamental reset of some business models, and it’s likely to remain beyond 2021 in some sectors, improving cost structures for the businesses involved, and quality of family life for the employees.

A lot of truly impressive things happened in 2020, and we are likely to emerge significantly stronger as a country when all is said and done.
    Alea jacta est!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    Anklyosauruses

I thoughf that you might have been trying to sneak in a fancy madeup word, but...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SopCEpyiROY4

Would I do that?
    Next you'll be fact-checking on the fearsome Uncleosaurus. :o

On topic: US Stock market indices (Dow, S&P, and NASDAQ) all at record high levels. Go figure.
  • Kex
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    On topic: US Stock market indices (Dow, S&P, and NASDAQ) all at record high levels. Go figure.
    Markets tend to like stability and predictability. The events of today removed most of the uncertainty of recent weeks.

Also, the prospect of bigger stimulus checks following the results from Georgia seems to have added about 10% upside to financials in particular... not that I’ll be getting one. I didn’t qualify last time either, and that’s a good thing.
    Alea jacta est!
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,197
    edited January 2021
    Well that and the fact that the fiat money machine shooting out money like Carters' Little Liver Pills makes the value of the dollar head for the basement so that soon we'll be repeating the episode of the German mark during the Weimar Republic but in the interim the Stock Market is artificially inflated to FAB-U-LOUS levels therby causing awe among the minions .
    But Good Times, eh !
    At least untiil the barrel goes over the falls.

MB-"Financial Adviser to the Stars"-BL
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Sal Palooza
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Kex wrote: »
    Markets tend to like stability and predictability. The events of today removed most of the uncertainty of recent weeks.

Also, the prospect of bigger stimulus checks following the results from Georgia seems to have added about 10% upside to financials in particular... not that I’ll be getting one. I didn’t qualify last time either, and that’s a good thing.

Even only working 4 months in 2019, and then retiring, I still made too much to qualify for the stimulus. While my 2020 income would qualify, hopefully the country will get back on track, and the stimulus payments won't be necessary. However, we do need to defeat the virus to make any real progress in 2021.

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,961
    .....really!? Again, another thread hitting the rails.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • Please stop with the back and forth bickering or this thread will be closed.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Yeah, c'mon man, practice some unity why dontcha? LOL.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • maximillian
    maximillian Posts: 2,142
    Practice some audio. Don't care who has a different opinion, don't share it here. There's plenty of other forums to discuss other topics.