Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,608
    xuystpwmpsmy.png

Here's a photo from the movie The Conversation with the Gene Hackman character using Ampex and Uher tape recorders.

a very cool movie :)
  • mhardy6647
    edited December 2020
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    Photo from IMDB.com. From a 1969 movie. Since there's a camera along side this could possibly be an early RTR videotape machine? The large knob below the left reel could facilitate editing? Bonus for a cat.

x6np33mcmrsi.jpg

EDIT: Cool stuff here. https://www.rewindmuseum.com/reeltoreelvideo.htm
    That must not be a large knob, apparently the tape path.

Rotating head, like your VHS or Beta VCR :# OK, like mine.

The rotating head VCR (which made possible truly practical videotape recording as we know it) was developed by a small team at Ampex that included Ray Dolby and a fellow named Fred Pfost. I worked for Fred's son for a bit in a past life -- and, at one point, when his son and I were both between gigs for a bit, I met Fred (via his son, that is) at his house in Los Gatos. A very pleasant afternoon with an interesting character.

dtt05rajbcau.png
    https://ethw.org/First-Hand:My_Ten_Years_at_Ampex_and_the_Development_of_the_Video_Recorder
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Come on people!!!! Check out my tape deck!!!!
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Here’s another...

tsgs2rb4mua4.jpeg

Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,493
    Meh. Everyone knows duct tape is the shnizzel!
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,136
    Come on people!!!! Check out my tape deck!!!!
    Here’s another...

tsgs2rb4mua4.jpeg

I'm guilty!
    o6py212hmwxr.jpg
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,129
    I must be tired, I missed it too.

And I studied it a little. Why have a roll of tape in the middle?...
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • @mrbiron

Well, I thought it was funny!
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    :D
    I put my heart and soul into that one.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Tony M
    Come on...2020 is almost over. Our brains are fried! :s
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,136
    So HI-FI is somewhere between SHARP and SWEET???? Seen on a CL ad for an old pair of Kenwood speakers. The plate at the bottom says it's a 4 Way speaker, these must be the four ways.
    vji7pk25x2ke.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    umm, consider the source... Kenwood speakers...

l7t81zuxteeh.png
  • Tony M
    8rx3fla8ar80.png
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,357
    xuzhatu61rmt.jpg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647 wrote: »

The rotating head VCR (which made possible truly practical videotape recording as we know it) was developed by a small team at Ampex that included Ray Dolby and a fellow named Fred Pfost. I worked for Fred's son for a bit in a past life -- and, at one point, when his son and I were both between gigs for a bit, I met Fred (via his son, that is) at his house in Los Gatos. A very pleasant afternoon with an interesting character.

dtt05rajbcau.png
    https://ethw.org/First-Hand:My_Ten_Years_at_Ampex_and_the_Development_of_the_Video_Recorder

@mhardy6647,

That thing is kinda small!!
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

dtt05rajbcau.png

@mhardy6647,

That thing is kinda small!!

That's the portable version, of course. You should see the console model ;)
  • nooshinjohn
    xuzhatu61rmt.jpg

I knew nobody would get this one... Luke finally made it to Tosche Station to pick up those power converters.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,560
    xuzhatu61rmt.jpg

I knew nobody would get this one... Luke finally made it to Tosche Station to pick up those power converters.

But why does he have a stick of celery pinned to his coat?
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Tony M

:D
    A Pastor entered his donkey in a race and it won.
    The Pastor was so pleased with the donkey that he entered it in the race again and it won again.
    The local paper read: PASTOR'S **** OUT FRONT.
    The Bishop was so upset with this kind of publicity that he ordered the Pastor not to enter the donkey in another race.
    The next day the local paper headline read: BISHOP SCRATCHES PASTOR'S ****.
    This was too much for the Bishop so he ordered the Pastor to get rid of the donkey.
    The Pastor decided to give it to a Nun in a nearby convent.
    The local paper, hearing of the news, posted the following headline the next day: NUN HAS BEST **** IN TOWN.
    The Bishop fainted.
    He informed the Nun that she would have to get rid of the donkey so she sold it to a farm for $10.
    The next day the paper read: NUN SELLS **** FOR $10
    This was too much for the Bishop so he ordered the Nun to buy back the donkey and lead it to the plains where it could run wild.
    The next day the headlines read: NUN ANNOUNCES HER **** IS WILD AND FREE.
    The Bishop was buried the next day.
    The moral of the story is . . . being concerned about public opinion can bring you much grief and misery and even shorten your life.
    So be yourself and enjoy life.
    Stop worrying about everyone else's **** and just cover your own !!!
    You'll be a lot happier and live longer!
  • Tony M
    xuzhatu61rmt.jpg

He IS LUKE... :D;)
  • nooshinjohn
    u5mwli0z572w.jpg

• Here's a photo of Louis Armstrong and his tape recorders.

2yqo9eceqspk.png
  • Community Kits in our neighborhood
    One of my neighbors and I feed these four cats. In early spring of this year, we captured the four and the Good Mews Animal Foundation in Marietta through a grant provided neutering and spaying for the two males and two females. These four cats represent the third generation of kits from a female that took residence at my house.

I posted this because of the picture of the two females on the fence posts in my neighbor's yard. We have provided a warm, protected place for them to sleep. I feed them in the mornings and neighbor feeds them at night.

From left to right: Socks, Patches, Kona
    Refused to have picture taken and not shown: FluffyT

m19gd7y1anab.png
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA