Post a picture... any picture

Options

Comments

• maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,513
    Options
    Especially if you’re a sailor (or a pilot).
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,107
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    evt8a3q0riml.png

Or a Sherpa that was a slave of the British Empire.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    It’s tree stand time....

i7lz74bjtvf5.jpeg
    cso0q3xd9uf2.jpeg

Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,032
    Options
    ^^^^ ooh, I'd just sit there & enjoy the scenery.
  • mrbiron
    Options
    Those damn quackers would not stop flying overhead. Must be an unofficial super highway heading south. If I had a *punchy* bird round, I could have probably dropped enough to lay a 1 mile carpet from my stand to my truck.
  • maximillian
    maximillian Posts: 2,142
    Options
    mrbiron wrote: »
    It’s tree stand time....
    cso0q3xd9uf2.jpeg

Doesn't seem like your stand fits in with the surroundings (too much contrast). You in Mass? I have too much work so didn't go out Monday but will probably this Saturday.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,259
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Ooops
    Sal Palooza
  • mrbiron
    Options
    It’s tree stand time....
    cso0q3xd9uf2.jpeg

Doesn't seem like your stand fits in with the surroundings (too much contrast). You in Mass? I have too much work so didn't go out Monday but will probably this Saturday.

Yes, i'm out hunting my brothers property in Monson. I'm right on the edge of the field. We've talked about moving the stand for the past two years, but we constantly see deer around it, so it's stayed.

Just finished another 6hour sit. Alarm at 4:15am, hour drive gets me there for 5:45. 20 minute walk to the stand and hunkered down for just after 6am.

T'was chilly today...
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,649
    Options
    It’s tree stand time....
    cso0q3xd9uf2.jpeg

Yes, i'm out hunting my brothers property in Monson. I'm right on the edge of the field. We've talked about moving the stand for the past two years, but we constantly see deer around it, so it's stayed.

Just finished another 6hour sit. Alarm at 4:15am, hour drive gets me there for 5:45. 20 minute walk to the stand and hunkered down for just after 6am.

T'was chilly today...

Don't you know that killing animals is wrong? Just buy them from the store like a normal person....
  • maximillian
    edited December 2020
    Options

T'was chilly today...

If the stand has been there a while and the deer are used to it then it's probably fine.

I've got a permit for zone 8. We typically do drives, but I like to sit. Didn't get anything during archery season in CT. My son and friend saw activity but couldn't get a shot. Will be hunting Christmas break / primitive more.
  • mrbiron
    Options

T'was chilly today...

If the stand has been there a while and the deer are used to it then it's probably fine.

I've got a permit for zone 8. We typically do drives, but I like to sit. Didn't get anything during archery season in CT. My son and friend saw activity but couldn't get a shot. Will be hunting Christmas break / primitive more.
    I'll get out Friday and the next two Saturdays. The stand has been there for 3 years now. We only take the top and coverings off during the winter.

I do have a one of those scary black powder (don't know if we are allowed to say that yet they are not considered a g** by federal definition) that i have never fired, but do have my primitive permit. We'll see what i do. Come over to Benson street, i have Doe frequent my backyard, but i don't have any tags. First time EVER not winning in the lottery... ;)
  • mrbiron
    Options
    Was it the non swear or referencing 2021... :D
  • maximillian
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I do have a one of those scary black powder (don't know if we are allowed to say that yet they are not considered a g** by federal definition) that i have never fired, but do have my primitive permit. We'll see what i do. Come over to Benson street, i have Doe frequent my backyard, but i don't have any tags. First time EVER not winning in the lottery... ;)

Benson St.... lol, you're about 2 miles from my home. I think we're zone 9 so can't help with the backyard pests. I get deer occasionally in my backyard and they destroy my arborvitaes if I don't hang soap bars on them. My wife took the following photo 3 years ago WHILE I was out hunting in Charlton. Saw nothing that day. PM me if you want to join on a drive someday.

upddb7irjd61.jpg

• CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,546
    Options
  • mrbiron
    Options

Benson St.... lol, you're about 2 miles from my home. I think we're zone 9 so can't help with the backyard pests. I get deer occasionally in my backyard and they destroy my arborvitaes if I don't hang soap bars on them. My wife took the following photo 3 years ago WHILE I was out hunting in Charlton. Saw nothing that day. PM me if you want to join on a drive someday.

upddb7irjd61.jpg

He looks tasty healthy.
    We'll have to look at next year as i am booked up for the rest of shotgun. ;)
    Maybe i'll apply for a zone 9 doe permit next year.

AND, i was 2 miles from your house when you met me on Swift. Just moved last year to the new development.
  • mhardy6647
    edited December 2020
    Options
    nbgurfoybezo.png
    Close enough for government work.

• ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,649
    Options
    1swcswggga9k.png

Why is she washing bananas in the dishwasher?
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,096
    edited December 2020
    Options
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    1swcswggga9k.png

dude.
    it was the (very early) seventies.
    'nuff said.

https://youtu.be/64mb_hUOb4g
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    Options
    1swcswggga9k.png

To eventually smoke the peel....geez!!
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    Phaedra, I love you. 💓💕💓💞
    Sal Palooza