Looking for Misc Audio Deals of the Day? Updated info here!

Comments

• JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474
    edited November 2020
    Thank you. Ha, great minds think alike. I just sold that same Panamax, too. I really like your integration in what looks likes a builtin? Clean look and tidy setup.

Nice helper you have there! I have a newly minted grandson that will be pulling "project" duty with me in a few years! Thanks for sharing.
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • I just want to go hang out in this guy's audio conference room(?). The address is less than a mile from me, if we weren't in a pandemic, I'd give him a call.
  • xjghost
    xjghost Posts: 1,080
    I just want to go hang out in this guy's audio conference room(?). The address is less than a mile from me, if we weren't in a pandemic, I'd give him a call.

I'd message him in a heart beat if I was close.....
    HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

Bedroom system: Carver CT-24, Parasound HCA-800II, Monitor 10's

Additional projects: RTA 12c's
  • xjghost
    xjghost Posts: 1,080
    Stumbled across these... Thought you guys would get a kick out of it...

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1240057919679393/?ref=search&referral_code=undefined
    HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

Bedroom system: Carver CT-24, Parasound HCA-800II, Monitor 10's

Additional projects: RTA 12c's
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    If I had the coin and the room to put them in...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    ****..... i wish!
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,558
    Maybe he's selling them because of that comically small room they are in.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Well the klipschorns DO take up a lot less space...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • That's an example of when there is no WAF to keep us in check.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited November 2020
    Finally the Magnepan LRS I had ordered on July 6 arrived a couple of days ago (November 19). I unpacked and set them up, and... the wife HATES them. She literally said they look "evil" and so in order to keep the peace I am selling them, along with the Magna Risers Airborne stands I had purchased for them. The speakers have been used about 10 minutes (that's minutes, not hours - the wife complained so much when I was trying them out that I finally gave up).

While I can return the speakers and stands for a refund, I would prefer not to hassle with shipping so if anyone is interested in these and lives in the Los Angeles area (I'm in the San Gabriel Valley), I'd rather sell them with local pickup (or if you're not too far away I can deliver).

Everything is still pristine and I have repackaged them in their original materials. Right now the wait is about 18 weeks if ordered new from Magnepan so get yourself an early Christmas present and pick up some barely used ones.. $850 cash for the speakers and stands, or make a reasonable offer. Please send me a PM if interested.

caqfsq00novr.jpeg

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/magnepan-lrs-and-magna-riser-airborne-stands-for-sale.3173732/
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Don’t LRSs retail for $650/pair? What am I missing?
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Don’t LRSs retail for $650/pair? What am I missing?

I think you are correct
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • EndersShadow
    Don’t LRSs retail for $650/pair? What am I missing?

Guessing the fancy stands add a bit more as they appear to be non OEM...

I also don’t keep up on prices so maybe it’s not the deal I thought it was lol...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Yep, 650 + 229 for the stands. $879. I bet those would be great paired with the right subwoofer, or pair of subs.
    https://positive-feedback.com/reviews/hardware-reviews/magna-riser-airborne-stands/
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,786
    Yep, 650 + 229 for the stands. $879. I bet those would be great paired with the right subwoofer, or pair of subs.
    https://positive-feedback.com/reviews/hardware-reviews/magna-riser-airborne-stands/

Actually, depending on the type of music, you don't need a sub. My LRS sound great on everything except large scale orchestral music. They say the stands help with Bass production and soundstage expansion.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,558
    Check out this Bryston 9B SST2 5-channel amp! https://tmraudio.com/components/power-amplifiers/bryston-9b-sst2-5-channel-power-amplifier-9bsst-squared-factory-refreshed/

3lcpacb__76836.1606520927.jpg?c=2

3mhxsAZ__63522.1606520935.jpg?c=2

How killer would this be powering an amazing HT system?
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Check out this Bryston 9B SST2 5-channel amp! https://tmraudio.com/components/power-amplifiers/bryston-9b-sst2-5-channel-power-amplifier-9bsst-squared-factory-refreshed/

3lcpacb__76836.1606520927.jpg?c=2

3mhxsAZ__63522.1606520935.jpg?c=2

I will let you know when it gets here... ;):p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    That would make a killer bi amp as well. Just leave the 5th channel off.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • EndersShadow
    edited November 2020
    @mhardy6647

FS PAIR JBL CINEMA SPEAKERS MODEL 4670

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/fs-pair-jbl-cinema-speakers-model-4670.3174526/

Gently used pair of 4670's, only ever been in a home theater and never saw commercial use. I ran these bi-amplified with active crossover and i do not have the passive network. You'll need a dsp/active xo like a DBX Driverack/Behringer DCX2496 or similar.

Pair JBL 4508 Bass Bins
    Four JBL 2226 15" Woofers
    Pair JBL 2080 Horns
    Pair JBL 2446 Compression Drivers

I'm selling them to make room for pending and future speaker projects.

I have another pair of JBL Cinema speakers that i'll post later today but the cabinets are pretty scuffed up:
    Pair of 4508 BassBins
    Four JBL 2035 15" Woofers
    Pair JBL 2384 Horns
    Pair JBL 2453H-SL Compression Drivers--bought new this year!
    no xo

I'm asking $1000 per pair, pick up in Southern New Hampshire. If you want these shipped, i'll be happy to secure them to a pallet for your freight company to pick up at your cost. I can also deliver within a couple hours drive of me, for the price of gas and lunch :)

PM me with questions. I don't want to part these out at this time but if you're dying for a specific component, make me an offer :)

Thanks for looking!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Those look like they could ROCK !!!
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474
    edited November 2020
    Seems like a whole lotta speaker for $1K. Anyone know how they'd be in a home environment? The active XO stuff is unknown territory for me. Not interested, just curious.

Edit to add...looks like something that should be in the @mhardy6647 man cave. In south New Hampshah. Wine and dine the man and he'll deliver.
    f1tq4du9m50y.png
    Post edited by JayCee on
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • EndersShadow
    I
    JayCee wrote: »
    Edit to add...looks like something that should be in the @mhardy6647 man cave. In south New Hampshah. Wine and dine the man and he'll deliver

I agree with you.... they look like a perfect addition to his stable.
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    My ears started ringing just look at them!
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited November 2020
    Clipdat wrote: »

Yeah Man! That would get the job done nicely! There are some cool HT amps that have been on the wish list for ages. Bryston rebranded Lexicon amps, the Harmon made Lexicon amps, or the old Proceed AMP 5. All are just killer amps!

Lexicon 512
    992399-c886c247-lexicon-nt-512-5-channel-amplifier.jpg
    992402-1634305c-lexicon-nt-512-5-channel-amplifier.jpg
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/193617726904

Lexicon RX-7
    s-l1600.jpg
    1443635377-708252545_n.jpg
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/333629238366

Proceed Amp 5
    amp5-five-channel-amplifier-hpa5-1b-proceed.jpg
    Here's one supposedly owned by Elon Musk!
    https://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/ele/d/capitola-proceed-amp-channel-home/7235066098.html
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    same amp listed currently on kahl website with no mention of Elon and pickup at local store...….could be same seller