Latest Netflix find

Comments

• kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    Tread....based on the true story of a guy losing his mind and, well, watch for yourself!
  • kevhed72
    Hey der early morning person....
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    I’m sure someone has already mentioned it, but the wife and I are really enjoying the umbrella academy.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,961
    Watched Tread and remember the "incident" in the news. Sad story though.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    In the Dark. Pretty good.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    LolaLiu wrote: »
    I just finished Ratched, that's pretty good. Great costumes, characters and actors. I like everything about it.
    We watched one episode. Costumes, cinematography and set design was stunning, but that film/show genre just isn't my favorite so we stopped there. Nothing against the show, I think anyone who likes that style of show will love it.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • muncybob
    Just finished In The Dark....hoping there are more seasons to come.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • Recommend River and The Bureau.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    edited November 2020
    marvda1 wrote: »
    Please check out The Queen's Gambit on Netflix.

My wife and I just finished watching it several days ago. Highly recommend, especially if you play Chess.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    marvda1 wrote: »
    Please check out The Queen's Gambit on Netflix.

Started watching it last night. I don't mind chess but not a huge fan but the show is still quite good. I'm going to check out barbarians.....
  • displayname
    We just finished The Vow on HBO. I was particularly interested because I hadn't heard about NIXVM at all prior to this documentary.

I do wish the episodes were not locked into full hour episodes, because a couple of them do drag in the middle. But overall I was excited to watch the next episode every time. I hope they do a follow up episode now that sentencing has started.
    Discogs
  • Willow
    Watching Barbarian, it's ok. It's dubbed. Wasn't sure at first but mouths were off sync and looked it up.
  • kevhed72
    edited November 2020
    We just finished The Vow on HBO. I was particularly interested because I hadn't heard about NIXVM at all prior to this documentary.

I do wish the episodes were not locked into full hour episodes, because a couple of them do drag in the middle. But overall I was excited to watch the next episode every time. I hope they do a follow up episode now that sentencing has started.
    They just actually sentenced the leader for a looong time in the big house. Weird how a self help pyramid scheme can turn into a cult...or is it?!?
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/27/nyregion/nxivm-cult-keith-raniere-sentenced.html?0p19G=6214

• Willow
    The Haunting of Bly Manor.... We'll see
  • muncybob
    My wife enjoyed Bly...me, not so much.
  • Willow
    It was watchable but not interesting for me. I was surfing while "watching"
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Bly was a bit of a letdown. It dragged on too much. Plus, it's difficult to equal Hill House, which was, in my opinion, absolutely fantastic. Perhaps I set my expectations too high.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Watched Class Action Park on HBO Max last night. Brought back a lot of childhood memories! I don't remember if I ever went to Action Park, but certainly wanted to as a teen. I do vaguely recall going with friends (could have been Great Adventure or Dorney though...), cliff diving, and being jealous of the friends that paid the upcharge to do the 'skydiving' and bungee jump.

Crazy place... just google "cannonball loop" - unbelievable!

Fun watch seeing all the Jersey natives and Bennys in their full 80s glory!
  • Willow
    Watching Alienist, it is interesting but not binge worthy.
  • Just finished The Valhalla Murders on Netflix. Set in Iceland; subtitles. Excellent.
  • Watched "Hillbilly Elegy" , by Ron Howard, a couple of nights ago. Thought it was very good. I have a close tie in to that movie. It's based on the best selling book of the same name by J.D. Vance and is the story of his family growing up in Middletown, Ohio. I grew up in Middletown myself, and knew the Vance family when JD's mother was a little girl in elementary school. They lived 3 blocks from us and I used to play with his mother, portrayed by Amy Adams, and her brother, Jim, when we were in 4th and 5th grade. So, to me, I found it interesting.
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited November 2020

^^ Readin, Rightin, Rt 23
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Willow
    Watching Kingdom, 3 seasons. We are just in season 1 and we can't wait to watch the next episodes. It's quite good.
  • displayname
    Watched Queens Gambit - loved it. I think we finished it all in 3 days.

Season 2 of His Dark Materials on HBO. I'm so glad that series is getting a film treatment. The Golden Compass movie was such a let down, but the HBO series has been done right so far. Really excellent if you read those books. I read them as a kid and again as an adult. Looking at it now, I'm actually somewhat surprised my religious mother allowed it. But then again she also encouraged me to read A Clockwork Orange when I was in middle school. Another book that has truly stuck with me for life and had a fairly quality film adaptation.

Lastly this season of Great British Bake Off was less exciting than previous episodes, but that is one of the rare reality shows that feels like the winners are selected purely on their output without influence of producers and ratings. It's mindless TV really, but it's our Friday evening routine now.
    Discogs
  • muncybob
    Also watched "Hillbilly Elegy". Didn't realize it was based on an actual family until the credits. Enjoyed it and Glenn Close was terrific.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    scubalab wrote: »
    Watched Class Action Park on HBO Max last night. Brought back a lot of childhood memories! I don't remember if I ever went to Action Park, but certainly wanted to as a teen. I do vaguely recall going with friends (could have been Great Adventure or Dorney though...), cliff diving, and being jealous of the friends that paid the upcharge to do the 'skydiving' and bungee jump.

Crazy place... just google "cannonball loop" - unbelievable!

Fun watch seeing all the Jersey natives and Bennys in their full 80s glory!

As a kid in Bergenfield NY, I remember the commercials on TV and my parents refusing to drive the 40 minutes so I could go.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • muncybob wrote: »
    Also watched "Hillbilly Elegy". Didn't realize it was based on an actual family until the credits. Enjoyed it and Glenn Close was terrific.

We loved it too !!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    RoxanneCh wrote: »
    Willow wrote: »
    Watching Alienist, it is interesting but not binge worthy.

100% agree. That's good to watch while doing something else and nothing more.

Had SUCH high hopes for this - the books were two of my favorites of the 90's (along with Doctorow's "Waterworks", a similarly eerie turn-of-century first person crime novel.) But I never made it past the first episode. Not sure what turned me off so about the series. I think maybe it felt rushed and superficial, less personal. Probably need to give it another shot.

Three outstanding books ^^ if anyone is looking for dark, atmospheric, slightly gothic period novels that you won't want to put down.

Beach Audio: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Schiit Yggy * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,309
    I watched Queen's Gambit and liked it. It got me nostalgic for the days when I played chess as a youngster.

Since I don't have anyone to play with right now, I went to an online site. Pretty cool, but man, have my skills deteriorated. It was shameful the mistakes I made, but since you compete against those of your own rank, it wasn't over too quickly.