Latest Netflix find

Comments

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,287
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    Bad Trip well all I can say is it's a Trip watched it last night havent laughed over stupid s..t that much in a while didnt think the missus would make it through it but she did.

Agreed. We thought it was funny. I wish they showed more reactions like they did at the end.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,854
    Currently watching The Serpent. Quite interesting.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,408
    Just finished season 1 of "The Crew". REALLY funny!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,954
    Saw most of first episode of The Serpent, kinda dozed off though. Why are they killing people?
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • Willow
    muncybob wrote: »
    Saw most of first episode of The Serpent, kinda dozed off though. Why are they killing people?

Still trying to figure it out. But he does use their passports for his own, takes any money and jewels.
  • Willow
    Now watching the Sinner, really interesting.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,937
    Willow wrote: »
    Now watching the Sinner, really interesting.

Really good show! And rare that all three seasons were excellent!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,942
    Recently found "Zappa" on Netflix.....I think it was Netflix. It was outstanding!
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,124
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    Recently found "Zappa" on Netflix.....I think it was Netflix. It was outstanding!

We initially watched it via a 24 hour rental to support a local theater. Really enjoyed it!
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,973
    Harlots on Hulu
    Poldark on Amazon Prime
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • erniejade
    I have been watching Start Up on Netflix. Not bad. It was originally on Crackle.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,119
    erniejade wrote: »
    I have been watching Start Up on Netflix. Not bad. It was originally on Crackle.

Yes. I'm on Season 2 and I recommend it. Reminds me *somewhat* of Halt and Catch Fire, although I think it is better.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • audioluvr
    Just started "The Kaminski Method"
    Sad and funny on first episode. Lots of big names.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • muncybob
    I've seen every episode of the 2 mentioned above and highly recommend both.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • Willow
    We finished Mindhunter, hoping for season 3. Started Blindespot
  • audioluvr
    Finished "Kims Convenience" Super funny! Then watched "Outer Banks" also very good!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165

Mindhunter was good, but I've read the prospects for a third season happening anytime soon aren't too good.
  • Willow
    mdaudioguy wrote: »

Mindhunter was good, but I've read the prospects for a third season happening anytime soon aren't too good.

I read that too, sadly.
  • muncybob
    Finished the final season of Wanted. Decent Australian series, sort of a take on Thelma and Louise.
  • Willow
    Started Midnight Mass. Not bad
  • Finding Alice and The Chair
  • Willow
    Lost interest in Midnight Mass
  • Willow
    Watching Squid Games. Anyone else? Took a couple episodes to get into it.
  • erniejade
    Watched 1 episode. Wife and I are debating on watching more. @Willow there have been a few shows we have watched that take 2 or 3 episodes to get into. Based on what you just said, we will watch more.
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,853
    Check out "Brand New Cherry Flavor".
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • Willow
    erniejade wrote: »
    Watched 1 episode. Wife and I are debating on watching more. @Willow there have been a few shows we have watched that take 2 or 3 episodes to get into. Based on what you just said, we will watch more.

The acting looks cheesy when dubbed. You could try having subs on.
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,124
    I loved squid game. We're watching Only Murders in the Building right now on Hulu. It's kind of hot and cold. The story is interesting enough to keep me coming back, but some episodes drag a little, while others are much more interesting and exciting.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,482
    If you like dark Scandinavian crime novels, a la Jo Nesbo, check out The Chestnut Man.
  • Willow
    right now it's between Coroner and SWAT for me. They are not great but fill the time. I am waiting on my wife to catch up on Startup so we can watch together.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,297
    I’m about half way through Archive 81, and so far it’s OUTSTANDING. I had almost forgotten that it was possible to make a “horror” movie/show that doesn’t rely on cheap jump-scares and gore.

Archive 81 is smart, Well cast and very well filmed. It is immensely creepy with a compelling plot that makes you REALLY want to know what happens next… now I’m just hoping they don’t screw it up in the 2nd half.

Highly recommend (so far…)
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn