Comments

• gyosa
    gyosa Posts: 698
    edited October 2020
    My collection ....
    All in one place

Yeah , I really like Daytona’s....

Datejust ( mid 1990’s )

stainless Daytona ( 1988, first year Zenith movement and new style - quite rare ) ,

2 tone Daytona ( early 2000’s , last year Zenith movement ) ,

GMT Master ( 1984 , college grad present from Dad , my daily watch as a USAF pilot ) ,

stainless Daytona ( early 2000’s , first year Rolex movement ) ,

stainless “meters first” Red Submariner ( 1969 , chocolate dial - extremely rare - crown jewel of my collection )

Bk

zpepn51c6xzz.jpeg

Dayens Ampino , Yamaha wxc-50 , Polk SDA 1c’s ( my first love .. ) , Kimber Kable 4TC, Sony 42” - BEDROOM

B&K EX-442 ( it will go in my casket when I die ... ) , PS Audio 4.6 preamp ( old school , but it still jams on ... ) , Eversolo DMP-A6 , Boston Acoustic voyager 7’s - POOL

Parasound A21, Eversolo DMP-A8 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Kimber Kable 4vs , Salk Supercharged Song towers ( difficult choice between these and my family if I had to choose ... 😩 ) , Sony XBR-A8F 65” OLED - DEN , MAIN RIG

PS Audio S300 - sitting in the closet for now …

Onkyo TX-nr609 , Polk atrium 7 , Boston acoustic sound ware (4) , Boston acoustic sub , B&W center , Sharp 65” TV - PATIO
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Now that I am retarded I don't need a watch.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,000
    Walgreen's, CVS have a large selection of batteries.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,517
    gyosa wrote: »
    My collection ....
    All in one place

Yeah , I really like Daytona’s....

Datejust ( mid 1990’s )

stainless Daytona ( 1988, first year Zenith movement and new style - quite rare ) ,

2 tone Daytona ( early 2000’s , last year Zenith movement ) ,

GMT Master ( 1984 , college grad present from Dad , my daily watch as a USAF pilot ) ,

stainless Daytona ( early 2000’s , first year Rolex movement ) ,

stainless “meters first” Red Submariner ( 1969 , chocolate dial - extremely rare - crown jewel of my collection )

Bk

zpepn51c6xzz.jpeg

Ah... a Daytona brother. Hello!
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,550
    edited October 2020
    jdjohn wrote: »
    Walgreen's, CVS have a large selection of batteries.

As does Menards if you have one in your area. They even had that tiny AAAA like battery for a Dared remote. Our Menards has a very large selection of coin like batteries.
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    Joey_V wrote: »
    Looking for my next piece.

So far, I have been eyeing two watches.

Omega Planet Ocean 43.5mm in black with orange numbers (orange being the last color you see before either you pass out or get too deep when diving, or so they say).

And the other was the Rolex Rootbeer in all rose gold.

Nothing set yet, but I would like to acquire this before my 40th birthday which is in a couple years.

Omega:
    2wvmy4qj2k9j.jpeg

Rolex (you can see my stainless GMT in the field of pic):
    mtch9aldeyk8.jpeg
    xy5ytqvdi10s.jpeg
    9ymwpah1l4z9.jpeg
    fru7zqaquonm.jpeg

Sorry to dig up the past, but you've got to do the Rootbeer if you can! That bezel color with the rose gold is amazing. Though I have to say, that personally I prefer the two-tone model. But you can't go wrong with either. Do it, do it, do it!!! lol
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • Joey_V
    cmy330go wrote: »
    Looking for my next piece.

So far, I have been eyeing two watches.

Omega Planet Ocean 43.5mm in black with orange numbers (orange being the last color you see before either you pass out or get too deep when diving, or so they say).

And the other was the Rolex Rootbeer in all rose gold.

Nothing set yet, but I would like to acquire this before my 40th birthday which is in a couple years.

Omega:
    2wvmy4qj2k9j.jpeg

Rolex (you can see my stainless GMT in the field of pic):
    mtch9aldeyk8.jpeg
    xy5ytqvdi10s.jpeg
    9ymwpah1l4z9.jpeg
    fru7zqaquonm.jpeg

Sorry to dig up the past, but you've got to do the Rootbeer if you can! That bezel color with the rose gold is amazing. Though I have to say, that personally I prefer the two-tone model. But you can't go wrong with either. Do it, do it, do it!!! lol

Rootbeer in all gold is my next grail. Just need to heal and regenerate. My hope is before I turn 40.

Price tag is a whopper.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V
    Interesting... how since we had this conversation, the watch market has been fire.
    Can’t get anything for less than retail now.
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    Interesting... how since we had this conversation, the watch market has been fire.
    Can’t get anything for less than retail now.

I feel like almost every “frivolous” market has been on fire recently.

Discounts evaporated and now paying over retail to play.

Watches are not really my vice, but my cycling vice has been bit hard by this.
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,654
    I was looking last week. Just finding what you want is difficult, let alone the premium prices. Made me rethink and move on for now.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • Joey_V
    Yeah. All my Rolexes went up. Even my work watch submariner is more expensive than I’d like to wear on a daily. Should’ve bought the rootbeer when I had a chance.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Easy fix. Don’t wear a watch. Phones have a clock.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Joey_V
    edited September 2021
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Easy fix. Don’t wear a watch. Phones have a clock.

Haha

Life’s better with a watch. It’s like having a buddy with you at all times.
  • Joey_V
    edited November 2021
    I’m the school bus today in the Toyota Minivan.... and the sun was just shining on the watch just right.

What a classic.

Scratches and all.

Love the RolexRolexRolex around the rehaut.

Kids are good, wife’s good, crypto is up for the meantime... it’s gonna be a good day. Sometimes you just gotta stop and appreciate the little things.

😃

xczfnk1zm5ly.jpeg
  • The little things and the little people 👍
    Sal Palooza
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,424
    edited December 2021
    Just swapped in a couple of anti-reflective double-dome sapphire crystals on my daily wears.
    Picked up the Seiko SNZG17 a few weeks ago. It's been out of production for a while and difficult to find at a decent price. Found one with a scratched crystal and some wear marks. Even with its beat marks it's become one of my favorite dailies.

Picked up the crystals from Crystal Times USA at the encouragement of @scubalab Fun stuff, and pretty easy.
    Orient Ray II (l) and Seiko SNZG17 (r)
    NATO International green digi camo with polished hardware (l), and Crown & Buckle Bond NATO/ZULU (r)
    (Don't mind the scorch marks on my MBP's Invisible Shield protective sheeting)
    emoxlnu23tyr.png
    Post edited by msg on
    I disabled signatures.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,589
    Can you model one on your wrist? I want to see how much arm hair you have compared to @Joey_V
  • Joey_V
    edited December 2021
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Can you model one on your wrist? I want to see how much arm hair you have compared to @Joey_V

My lack of arm hair lets the watch do all the talking, sir.
  • Joey_V
    edited December 2021
    Wore the wrong watch to work this Christmas Day... but all is well, going home to celebrate with the family and the time is just right.
    arvmy9q59wcb.jpeg

• pitdogg2
    Agree that color clashes with the car color interior!
  • Joey_V
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Agree that color clashes with the car color interior!

I either need a new watch or a new car.
  • pitdogg2
    edited December 2021
  • Joey_V
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Yes!🤣

I’m sending you the bill, pal.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    Wore the wrong watch to work this Christmas Day... but all is well, going home to celebrate with the family and the time is just right.
    arvmy9q59wcb.jpeg

Hate when that happens
  • rtart
    rtart Posts: 817
    rtart wrote: »
    I have a Breitling Evolution two-tone, blue face, and a Rolex two-tone sub with champagne face and sapphires and diamonds for numerals. It was a limited edition. I wear one of them every day, and have enjoyed both immensely. Every time work seems to be a pain, they remind me that persistence pays, and hard work leads to rewards.

Both are worth a lot more than I paid for them, so the argument of cost vs. invest seems reasonable to me. Buy a Casio and it's never worth more than the day you bought it....a fine watch appreciates over time. I've owned many nice watches over the years, mostly Rolexes and Breitlings, and some Omegas, and have never lost a penny.

Reposting from this thread in 2015..... Both are worth about double what I paid for them....
    My 7.4.4 DIY 4k Home Theater:
    Polk LSiM 707 L-C-R, LSiM702 side surrounds, LSiM 705 rears
    Polk RC-80i x 4 In Ceiling Atmos speakers
    2 x SVS PB12/Plus 2's
    Denon X3700H
    Emotiva XPA11 Gen 3
    XBox One X 4k & BD and streaming
    Panasonic UB-420 4k player
    HD-A35 HD DVD
    Oppo BD-103D for hirez audio
    Technics SL-D2 TT, Grado Gold Cartridge
    JVC DLA-RS2000/NX7 projector
    Silver Ticket 120" acoustically transparent screen
    Berkline 090 electric recliners with Aura Bass Shakers
  • Joey_V
    I have a Breitling Evolution two-tone, blue face, and a Rolex two-tone sub with champagne face and sapphires and diamonds for numerals. It was a limited edition. I wear one of them every day, and have enjoyed both immensely. Every time work seems to be a pain, they remind me that persistence pays, and hard work leads to rewards.

Both are worth a lot more than I paid for them, so the argument of cost vs. invest seems reasonable to me. Buy a Casio and it's never worth more than the day you bought it....a fine watch appreciates over time. I've owned many nice watches over the years, mostly Rolexes and Breitlings, and some Omegas, and have never lost a penny.

Reposting from this thread in 2015..... Both are worth about double what I paid for them....

Yeah I hear ya.

I think my 4 rolexes are a total of $65,000 currently. Maybe a little less.

I paid $25,000 for all 4 brand new from dealer.

Had I bought a bunch of no names, I’d be in the red by whatever I paid.
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,185
    Bought one of my grail pieces at the Panerai Boutique in NYC while my ship was there for Fleet Week. Big chunk of change but I’ve been lusting over a 8 day PAM for a long long time

j1llgjm2d2dp.jpeg
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • Joey_V
    stangman67 wrote: »
    Bought one of my grail pieces at the Panerai Boutique in NYC while my ship was there for Fleet Week. Big chunk of change but I’ve been lusting over a 8 day PAM for a long long time

j1llgjm2d2dp.jpeg

Legit man
  • Joey_V
    Was looking at this but not yet pulled the trigger

Tag 02
    f9kmyd3otl59.jpeg
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,969
    I'm not much into watches etc., but recently I finally got around to looking through of my Dad's stuff left to me. Came across a Bulova Accutron in decent condition that he kept in its original display box. Looks like it needs a battery. Has a price tag of $100 from many moons ago. Is this a collector item or just another watch?
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.