CS350-LS Center channel speaker to pair with SDAs

2»

Comments

• H2O
    H2O Posts: 2
    Hello again folks.
    Finally got a chance to pick up the CS350 center channel project again. I was able to locate a CS350 on CL, and here are some photos of the crossover.
    Looks like I have the old sandcast resistor?
    Is there enough info in these photos to determine if there would be much benefit to the crossover upgrade?
    Thanks again!!!

di1kvik1iuu2.jpg
    e3r810y3zzta.jpg
  • I have both with and without the resistor, the one without sounds a little better. So you might try and jump the resistor and see if you like it that way.
    Yamaha RXA1030, Yamaha CD-S2100, Yamaha AS-2200, Bluesound node 2i
    Polk SDA2btl highly modded
    Polk SDA 1C modded
    Polk CS350 LS x2
    Kimber 8TC
    Sony 55" Bravia
    Wish list SVS sub

• dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,050
    drumminman wrote: »
    FYI for what it's worth, I bought the LSiM 704 last christmas, using it with CRS+ L-R fronts. It's a great match.

+1 if you find that the CS isnt what you are looking for try the LSiM 704 or 706.
    ____________________________________________________________ polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS SVS PB13 Ultra x 2Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Sunfire Signature Cinema Grande 400, ADCOM 7807, Panasonic UB420, Sony SCD-C333ES, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • Remove the resistor and install a jumper. Install a 5.8uf Sonicap in place or the purple electrolytic. Easy upgrade
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • Rookie guy here. I have this speaker and the far left speaker is missing the cnter..can I replace it with another or what would anyone recommend..still sounds good except a low volume slight rattle. Thanks!
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    dpowell wrote: »
    FYI for what it's worth, I bought the LSiM 704 last christmas, using it with CRS+ L-R fronts. It's a great match.

+1 if you find that the CS isnt what you are looking for try the LSiM 704 or 706.

How do they compare?

Does the tweeter in the LSiM centers sound like the tweeter in the Legend line?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Nightfall wrote: »
    dpowell wrote: »

How do they compare?

Does the tweeter in the LSiM centers sound like the tweeter in the Legend line?

The tweeter's are similar, yes. I would guess that CS400 or the CS350i would be better matches for your mains, I know that @EndersShadow among several others use oneof those with SDAs...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    @rooftop59

Close....

I have the 400i for my SDA 2As.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)