Looking for Misc Audio Deals of the Day? Updated info here!

Options

Comments

• fish357
    fish357 Posts: 304
    Options
    xjghost wrote: »
    Yes means poster doesn’t know seller.

Thank you.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,000
    Options
    Dual 721 fully-auto direct-drive turntable in Muncie, IN for $250.
    84z3cb1uzr4g.jpg
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/422251865410900
    This was Dual's TOTL direct-drive turntable.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • xjghost
    xjghost Posts: 1,083
    Options
    This was posted on one of my jeep forums. Estate Auction in Hickory, NC

https://classicauctions.com/auctions/2020/09-12-20/index.php

Teac X-10R Reel to Reel Recorder
    Technics Turntable
    Onkyo CD Changer
    Onkyo TXSR 800 Receiver
    (4) 24”x34” Klipsch Speakers
    (2) 12”x30” Klipsch Speakers

This looks like a Cornwall:

https://classicauctions.com/auctions/2020/09-12-20/photos.php

z50osvgv8nid.png

HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

Bedroom system: Carver CT-24, Parasound HCA-800II, Monitor 10's

Additional projects: RTA 12c's
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Cary SLP-03 pre amp. Owner says he replace it with the NAD Master Series M12. Either the Cary is not that great or the NAD is a total sleeper??? No Affiliation.

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/ele/d/portland-cary-slp-03-tube-preamp/7193919213.html
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,096
    Options
    https://omaha.craigslist.org/ele/d/omaha-adcom-gfa5800-amplifier/7195629453.html

No affil. Local to me so no shipping fee.

I already have an Adcom 5503 3-channel. Is this one also non-common ground?

vfk5n02mgdi0.jpg

kny5v0kthm5u.jpg
    ]
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,553
    Options
    Yes it is non-common ground.
  • fish357
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Would that’s puppy make my LSi25’s sing happily? Headroom?
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    fish357 wrote: »

Oh yea.... Word of caution they have fans for a reason. They are biased high into class A.
  • fish357
    Options
    Would a class ab suit me better then?
  • audioluvr
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Oh yea.... Word of caution they have fans for a reason. They are biased high into class A.

I don't know why they didn't use heat sinks instead of fans. Nelson Pass clearly had no say in that as he loves good heat sink design.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • fish357
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Maybe I’ll hold for an ab.
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,096
    Options
    My 5503 has heat sinks, never though the about the fans, could be something to go wrong, or get noisy, down the road. @fish357 I really would like to help another Polkie out, shipping for this would be expensive possibly in the $60.00-$80.00 range and I'm purely guessing. But I'm so very busy with work right now, I don't have much free time.
  • audioluvr
    Options

What's your budget?
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,546
    edited September 2020
    Options

Don't let the class a bias worry you. It will sound awesome. The draw back is it creates more heat. So yes the amp will run warmer. Hence the fans. It should only be class A for lower volume.

I'm pretty sure that Adcom is a class ab amp. Just runs pure class a for a few watts.

I just did a little searching and it looks like it runs Class A for the first 15 watts. Then kicks into AB above that. 15 Class A watts on some efficient speakers is going to create a very nice sound.
    Post edited by CH46E on
  • fish357
    edited September 2020
    Options
    @aprazer402
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    My 5503 has heat sinks, never though the about the fans, could be something to go wrong, or get noisy, down the road. @fish357 I really would like to help another Polkie out, shipping for this would be expensive possibly in the $60.00-$80.00 range and I'm purely guessing. But I'm so very busy with work right now, I don't have much free time.

I appreciate you trying to help a brother, but I wouldn’t want to put you out.

@audioluvr
    audioluvr wrote: »

What's your budget?

6 for the amp, plus shipping, and something for someone’s time would be a stretch. It would be snazzy to find something shipped for around 600 total. I’m going to want another amp for my LSiC and LSi7’s too, at some point. Was in a somewhat serious accident back in January, I’m in construction by trade, haven’t been able to do that work since the accident.
    @CH46E
    The reviews for this amp are good, also see mentions of how much power it draws, and that it is an all-or-nothing kind of deal. I don’t see a way to control gains by looking.
    I was thinking an ab amp to run cooler, less juice, and more control.
    Was fortunate enough to pick up a B&K Reference 50 from Terry. Slowly putting together a system that will sound good.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

I don't know why they didn't use heat sinks instead of fans. Nelson Pass clearly had no say in that as he loves good heat sink design.

They did that amp was called 5802.
  • pitdogg2
    edited September 2020
    Options

It is an AB design it's first 10-20watts is biased into the class A then AB.
  • isolationdrill
    Options
    I'm also in Omaha and would be willing to help with shipping.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,678
    Options
    I'm also in Omaha and would be willing to help with shipping.

Ship some Omaha Steaks® to me!
  • fish357
    Options
    By the way, what effect does a “non common ground” have on ones audio system?
  • Viking64
    Options

zjpme0z2brix.jpg
  • pitdogg2
    edited September 2020
    Options

Unless you have SDA's nothing. Because of the SDA's inter-connect cable a non common ground amp can see a direct short and let the magic smoke out. It can also let out a very loud squeal.
  • fish357
    Options
    I’m sorry pitdogg, you’re speaking to a mere common folk in these lands. I’ll see what an SDA is before replying. It looks bad though, and heaven forbid we lose the magical smoke!
    I watched a few cop cars lose the magical smoke- not pretty.
  • fish357
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »

zjpme0z2brix.jpg

Wait, it makes KISS appear!? Hellz yeah, sign me up!
  • Viking64
    Options
    Wait, it makes KISS appear!? Hellz yeah, sign me up!

Not so fast! The "squeal" part is you backstage.....like a pig, etc. :o
  • fish357
    Options
    Yikes! I’m good on the Deliverance thing.
    Okay- stereo dimensional array- I don’t think I have that in my old Onkyo receiver.
  • Viking64
    Options
    Okay- stereo dimensional array- I don’t think I have that in my old Onkyo receiver.

SDA is a type of Polk speaker. It doesn't come from other electronics like your receiver.

Although I did once have a car that came equipped with Star Trek®.
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,546
    edited September 2020
    Options

@fish357 , what part of the US are you in? I saw your budget, but what speakers are you going to power with a new amp and how loud do you want to be able to go?
  • audioluvr
    Options
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,092
    Options

WFT are you doing posting them... go get 'em before Verb does and we have to suffer through hearing about it for a month. ;):p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson