Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• "I can always hear the voice of my father the engineer who subscribed to the idea that wire is wire is wire. I remember as a child when he would use anything available to hook speakers up to an amplifier: lamp cord, coat hangers, bits of Christmas tinsel that had unfortunately passed through the entrails of our cat Mishka intact. "

😂

That is what is known as well written . I am a better man for having read that . 😇
    Sal Palooza
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Hey, the ones from the cat are insulated.
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    wtvqa82mzqtn.jpg

Inner Inner Groove Distortion :)

Looks like a kiddo was playing with a pencil instead of dancing.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Closest he came to that spirograph he wanted for Christmas.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    pehact0ik0us.jpg

I had to stop and take this yesterday. A very nice1964 Pontiac GTO hardtop. The first year for the GTO. I had a '66.

You can tell the A/C doesn't work or their is none in that GTO.

I drove a couple cars and a truck with my driver's vent positioned just like that...so I wouldn't pass out from the heat. :s
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    I think the only reason they got rid of them was due to theft :'(
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Those vent were the cats meow.... I wish they still had them at times

Unfortunately my 69 LeMans did not have them as they stopped in 68 for the LeMans. Id imagine the GTO and Tempest also.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    The fact that Hubble needed glasses has to make it one of the greatest technical wonders of all time.
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited August 2020
    Yeah my 68 has those vents (the last year) for the A body cars anyway. Especially handy if you were a smoker.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    My 68 Z/28 didn't have them either.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    pehact0ik0us.jpg

I had to stop and take this yesterday. A very nice1964 Pontiac GTO hardtop. The first year for the GTO. I had a '66.

My parents gave me a red '64 GTO hardtop for my high school graduation present. Loved that car, and I wish I still had it. But I can't say I would trade my current vehicle for it.

Technology and creature comforts have come too far over the past almost 60 years for me to look back. My GTO had a reverberator to give the radio an interesting sound that differed from the ordinary (especially when I sped over a bump in the road, and there were plenty of those in southern Indiana), but now I have a Mark Levinson sound system that gives me a really enjoyable musical experience while rolling down the highway in air-conditioned comfort and infinitely adjustable leather seats.

It's easy to get sentimental about "the rusty old days," as my son used to say, but there's no denying reality. :(
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Milito wrote: »
    My 68 Z/28 didn't have them either.

You know, I have been able to tell the difference between a 1967 Camaro and a 1968 Camaro (by the side marker lights) since I was a teenager, but I have never noticed that the '67 had those vents. :p
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited August 2020
    GM’s pony cars which were the Camaro and Firebird dropped the vents in 68. While muscle cars 68 was the last year.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • CH46E
    edited August 2020
    CH46E wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Those vent were the cats meow.... I wish they still had them at times

Unfortunately my 69 LeMans did not have them as they stopped in 68 for the LeMans. Id imagine the GTO and Tempest also.

It would have been nice, however, living in Seattle with that car, it was not that bad. No AC. Only two months of summer there.

The 4 wheel drum brakes and a 455 cubic inch, 4 bolt SD was of a much bigger concern. It could be scary at times. When I switched to a high rain/water tire it helped a lot.
    Post edited by CH46E on
  • CH46E
    Tony M wrote: »
    This happened to me today!

atoynizjmjrd.png

Everyday, everytime buddy! :D
  • CH46E
    afterburnt wrote: »
    fx0sbgcmms00.jpg

Thats not what it looks like my friend!
  • CH46E
    Does anyone know what kind of bird this is? On the east coast of central FL. Both pics are of the same bird.

i9azs995c2tc.jpeg
    nb8qyxohnfo6.jpeg
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Man Doc that's ruff.... After all the years of marriage and she still won't give you her phone number... :D:D:D
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    edited August 2020
    Cell don't work here ;)

She'd already turned off her lappie & headed upstairs to brush her teeth.
    I asked her about it when I went upstairs and she said "Are you sure it wasn't a least bittern?"

Basically, I said "... umm, no" ;)

She just now looked it and said, yeah, green heron.
    Then she added wistfully "A bird I haven't seen this year" :| She's in birding withdrawal due to the limitations of C-19. :(

• Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    edited August 2020
    Royal Flycatcher

F2TWNcc.gif
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    jh9vj1n571a9.jpg

Near field session!