New Ford Bronco being released

Comments

• kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 5,032
    pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty lame.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,347

Quite likely the best off road truck ever made, but the prices are a bit insane.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,597
    dnmfoal7ga2d.png

Chevy had the El Camino

This is the El Corvetto

l92es29rlfow.png
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,567
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,620
    Mr Rolls needs to use solid African mahogany wood on his bed stakes. Class it up pardner !
    Sal Palooza
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,592
    I’ll stick w my ol 2008 Tundra. jpnz5p0zl1u1.jpeg
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,599
    The price of classic Broncos is sky high.
    I looked at a few, as well as the 2008-2010 Toyota FJ's.
    Anything that's real offroad capable is $$$.
    I do too much driving right now to buy one.
    In a couple of years I'll be retired, and I'll have time
    to pick up a Bronco as a project. Most likely I'll
    be rambling around Arkansas when the time comes.
    I'm going to be checking out cabins this weekend.
    No more neighbors for me.
    I hope the new Bronco will fill the demand for off roaders.
    The classic Bronco set a high bar and I hope they make it.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    My neighbor has a full size 1995 bronco; it’s in great shape and if he chose to, he could pick up dudes wherever he goes. It is an instant conversation starter with men in the 20-50 age range. His wife is jealous!!!!

That said, the new bronco is certainly appealing. We will see if it stands the test of time with all these retreads and throwbacks. I still say if you are in the market for a tried and true off road capable pavement princess, the rubicon is the way to go. If you want more off road versatility sink that 30-35k into a land cruiser. Let the kinks get worked out in the bronco and see if it delivers as advertised.

I am a fan but cautiously skeptical of the hype train
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,599
    edited July 2020
    The land cruiser's are mostly grocery getters around here.
    It doesn't look like most FJ's fare much better. Jeeps are
    one of the few vehicles that people buy to take off road.
    Has anyone ever seen a modern Range Rover even get a bit dirty?
    Normally they are driven by snooty soccer moms.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    boy howdy -- this thread seems to have petered out quickly. :|
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,803
    Well, let's see. The conversation started with the Bronco. Then some folks made Pinto jokes like they're relevant here or something. Then some folks said the Jeep is better and the Bronco is lame. Then the Toyota Land Cruiser was brought up. Some other folks then said the Bronco was lame. Saw something in passing about Range Rovers. Then we got to hear about how people are just never going to get rid of their Toyota trucks. Then the Land Cruiser was named the best off road vehicle of all time. We heard about how the Bronco is lame again. Someone posted a Rolls Royce on what looks like a Ford F650 chassis with a stakebed. Someone's neighbor has a '95 Bronco that's super swell. And now we're back to Land Cruisers again.

3 page thread titled "New Ford Bronco being released" and most posters talked about anything but the new Ford Bronco.

Wonder why the thread died?
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • maxward
    And one can only talk so much about a vehicle based on the press release. Once the journalists can actually test production versions, there will be plenty of discussion. I’m not one of their target buyers, but it is definitely going to be an interesting new series of vehicles. I enjoyed the 6000 word essay, by the way.
  • mhardy6647
    I dunno - I think that the new Corvette thread(s) played out similarly but had more legs than this one(?). Not that I have enough gumption to go back and check.

I'd rather have a new Bronco -- well, heck, I'd rather have one of each -- long as I am dreaming...

• maxward
    From a good friend, “You can’t have too much basic transportation.”
  • mhardy6647
    maxward wrote: »
    From a good friend, “You can’t have too much basic transportation.”

Yeah -- just entry level -- something for the kids to learn to drive in; drive to school, you know? B)

• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,620
    Jstas wrote: »

{Sniff} I like to thinkthat my Bronco Lane post kind of contributed to the war effort .

Speaking of which, you want some real off road capabilities ? Not sure of the specs but this thing doesn't haul groceries it hauls off road arse !

https://9gag.com/gag/aBmnLqQ

Marching song is optional
    Sal Palooza
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,232
    All vehicles mentioned all move like slugs even in light/moderate rocky conditions

Rear axles still beat you to death

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,803
    Jstas wrote: »

{Sniff} I like to thinkthat my Bronco Lane post kind of contributed to the war effort .

Speaking of which, you want some real off road capabilities ? Not sure of the specs but this thing doesn't haul groceries it hauls off road arse !

https://9gag.com/gag/aBmnLqQ

Marching song is optional

Yeah, that's cute and all but being as I worked on some M1A1 Abrams stuff, it pales in comparison.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,117
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,957
    2021 Ford Bronco 'sold out' ... again?

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/2021-ford-bronco-sold-out-again
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,558
    Ford Bronco Sasquatch edition

https://youtu.be/oR5BSUw5uqI
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,086
    Another thread brought down by organic conversation. RIP.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    I don’t like the Sasquatch title for the Bronco. After all “Bigfoot” was a pickup.
    jrxnvgvx0157.jpeg
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 5,032
    The new Bronco is lame.
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 5,113
    The launch has apparently been DELAYED.
    Alea jacta est!
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,147
    Kex wrote: »
    The launch has apparently been DELAYED.

After several announcement delays. It feels like this vehicle will never come to market.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 5,113
    I think it will make it to market. It’s only delayed a few months and it’s not horrible. However, I think Jeep have done a better job reimagining their product to make it more contemporary without losing the charm.

I’m not in the target market, though, so my opinion doesn’t matter. 🤷‍♂️
    Alea jacta est!
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,110
    Because of the pandemic I had to wait 5 months for just a set of mudguards at the dealer for my new Ford Ranger. I can imagine the same thing is happening but on a much bigger scale with new Bronco......... Patience
  • Because of the pandemic I had to wait 5 months for just a set of mudguards at the dealer for my new Ford Ranger. I can imagine the same thing is happening but on a much bigger scale with new Bronco......... Patience

Yep! 60 days I had to wait for the Bilstein lift I put on my 4Runner.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant