New Ford Bronco being released

124»

Comments

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    So, if you're wondering where the Bronco is and why you haven't seen any rolling around, production delays due to major suppliers being delayed by COVID. Ford started production June 15th. Won't see new Broncos until the end of summer. Talk about missed sales opportunities.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2021-ford-bronco-delay-official/
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,232
    Me and one of my hunting buddies both wanted a new truck this year, but due to shortages and crazy prices we both are going to pass. He just had a complete overhaul of his diesel and I am going to do the same. Save a ton of money in the long run
    When do the 2021 GMC 2500 come out?
    An official release date hasn't been announced, but the 2021 GMC Sierra 2500HD is expected to go into production this September and arrive at dealerships soon after.
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,558
    Same here. I would love a new truck but at $65,000, the tight wad in me just says NO!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,597
    Jstas wrote: »
    So, if you're wondering where the Bronco is and why you haven't seen any rolling around, production delays due to major suppliers being delayed by COVID. Ford started production June 15th. Won't see new Broncos until the end of summer. Talk about missed sales opportunities.

Interesting.
    Strictly an anecdote, but I've seen a bunch of them (at least a half dozen different ones) here and in the general area (i.e., on the highways of NH and VT), actually. I've been kind of surprised by how many are kicking around up here already.
  • txcoastal1
    There's a 2-door and a 4-door model
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• mhardy6647
    edited June 2021
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Ahh, I gotcha. I wasn't thinking of Bronco vs. Bronco... There are two whole different grades of vehicle sharing the name, IIRC, right?. One's a truck, one's... not (again, IIRC). It's that 'brand' thing -- you know, like the eee-lectric "Mustang" SUV thing (right?). I don't actually know which is which -- as a former owner of an actual Bronco (which I miss deeply), I haven't paid all that much attention.

I believe all I've seen are the two-doors, but I won't swear to that.

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/bronco-impressions-are-beginning-to-drop.964365/

• txcoastal1

• motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,895
    Yeah, seems to be many of the Bronco Sport running about.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,986
    Our local Ford dealer (Northwestern Vermont) has 4 Bronco Sports in stock and another dealer an hour away has 3 in stock. And a third an hour south has 5 in stock. A dealer in Plattsburgh, New York has 1. These are all Bronco Sports. Not what one might call the "throwback" model.
  • Jstas
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Jstas wrote: »

Interesting.
    Strictly an anecdote, but I've seen a bunch of them (at least a half dozen different ones) here and in the general area (i.e., on the highways of NH and VT), actually. I've been kind of surprised by how many are kicking around up here already.

Those are probably Bronco Sports which are just Escapes with different sheetmetal. Since they just started production on the Bronco a week and a half ago, I don't think you're seeing any of them up there yet.

• Jstas
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Ummmm...the Bronco Sport is 4 door only.

The Bronco, based on the Ranger chassis, is 2 door or 4 door. You can't get them yet.

• Kex
    Kex Posts: 5,113
    I’ve seen three in just the past week, and my first impressions are that it’s just “meh” especially from the side and behind. 😒

Jeep has done a much better job rejuvenating the Jeep aesthetically. No comment on features or capabilities.

Somebody commented in another thread (I think it was @motorhead43026) that it looked a lot like a Honda Pilot update, and I tend to agree.
    Alea jacta est!
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 5,113
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Somebody in that thread mentioned the Toyota FJ Cruiser, which is a bit long in the tooth, but I still tend to agree: it has more personality in many ways, even though it has been discontinued.
    Alea jacta est!
  • Jstas
    I'm not sure what's hard for to grasp here?

This is a Bronco Sport:

2021-ford-bronco-sport.jpg

They are everywhere because this thing has been on sale since at least April of 2020. It is a Ford Escape with Bronco-like sheet metal. 4 door only. It's nothing special and just a low-cost option to get the Bronco look without the Bronco everything else.

This is a Bronco:

s1200_CR_Cars_InlineHero_2021_Ford_Bronco_f_rocks_7_20.jpg

These are based on the new Ford Ranger chassis and are significantly larger and more capable than the Bronco Sport. These are what everyone's been waiting for. These are no where except for some pre-production mules sent out for presser fleets so magazine weenies can wax philosophic about them. These were supposed to start production Jan 2021 for delivery starting late April 2021. They are delayed because of semiconductor chip supplies and the company that supplies the removable tops, Webasto, has been hit hard by COVID based delays. They just started production 6/15/2021. They come in 2 door or 4 door flavors with soft tops and optional removable hardtops and doors.

If you are seeing any Bronco anywhere, it's a Bronco Sport which is just a Ford Escape which is a jacked up, AWD Ford Focus. The Bronco Sport is the Hummer H2 in that it's just a snoozer of a Chevy Tahoe with tough guy sheet metal. The Bronco is the Hummer H1. The one everyone wants but either can't or won't afford. So they go for the Sport instead.

It's the same reason Ford sold boatloads of Ranger based Bronco II's in the 80's. Bronco looks, Ranger costs. But the Ranger is the same size as a 1987 Ford F-150 now so the Escape based Bronco Sport is the new Bronco II

• maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,567
    Very well put there, @Jstas. The Bronco will be the real deal for serious off-roaders, but I have read that a properly chosen Bronco Sport will not embarrass itself when leaving the pavement.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,348
    You want to go off road and come back get one of these. Basically indestructible.
    edacf38eux44.jpg
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mhardy6647
    If you want to go into the Outback, take a Land Rover.
    If you want to come back, take a Toyota.
    - Australian proverb.

Yeah, they've all been Bronco Sports, for sure.
    My '74 was a "Bronco Sport", but it was rather different. ;)
    You can see the little red "Sport" badge fused to the "Bronco" badge on the side.

14803393032_89de782588_c.jpgbronchusspiffed by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,733
    The full size might catch my attention. I've seen the sport. Looks like a knock off Jeep Patriot IMO. Not impressed...
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,895
    I wonder were that new Bronco is. Anybody have an update?
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,467
    There was a press event recently and several videos posted to Youtube today. Opinions seem to be very favorable. Regarding availability, may be a good idea to not even think about getting one until next year and order one that's exactly what one wants. Supply chain problems mean even those that may hit the dealer lots later this year will be marked up way above sticker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fbWH1kklxc
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,467
    Looks like Ford really turned their engineers loose on this project!

One of the reviews said the MSRP would range from $30K to $60K, but I wouldn't be surprised to see dealers putting some at $80K fully loaded.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,147
    The reviews are nice to finally see now that those driving impression videos are no longer under embargo. Obviously they are positive, most initial driving impressions are. The real test will be in about a year. Hopefully by midway through the '22 models they can actually catch up with inventory and any issues will start to surface.

Jeep also announced a package with an additional lift, 35 tires, upgraded gears, and a few other upgrades to compete with the Bronco's Sasquatch package. But the Jeep option isn't on every trim like the Bronco. The wrangler also has a total of 5 engine options to choose from now, which is an interesting and very different approach from what Ford is doing.

I'm also curious to see which way they take the 4Runner if/when that gets a refresh.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    I thought the 2.7L twin turbo would be quicker than 8+ seconds 0-60.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Jstas
    Well, with the gearing options and the large wheels/tires, there's a ton of unsprung weight on them and lots of suspension give. Plus the aerodynamics of a barn door. So they aren't going to be super efficient at putting the power down for acceleration and corner carving. Then again, if you are looking for that kinda stuff, an off-roader like a Bronco or a Wrangler are not where you should be looking.

Side note, got an email from my local dealer, they will have Broncos for test driving available the end of July. They won't have open stock on the lot until end of Q3, early Q4 most likely.