The Garden/Landscape Thread

Comments

• Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,908
    Thanks Mike. I had the fence done last year and stained the deck myself last year also. Yes it's a pain, but I like the look.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    edited June 2020
    Beautiful backyards guys!

7 of my 10 lantanas didn't come back. I'm baffled. I suspect root rot, but I shut off my drip system during the non-growing season. Anyway, we got 7 purple lantana to replace them.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Milito wrote: »
    Thanks Mike. I had the fence done last year and stained the deck myself last year also. Yes it's a pain, but I like the look.

I do as well, the first house we built, the entire exterior was a 6" Beveled Western Cedar. I brushed on a primer coat on both the front and back sides of the siding before the install. Came back when the house was completed with another top coat, and then had to treat every other year after that.

This treatment I was using was $50. per gallon :# that was in '93. hard telling what it costs now.

• Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Ricardo wrote: »
    I abandoned maintaining flowers. I don't have the time (Or I'm not good at it....) The wife's allergies maintain her away from the flora. Everything is green, except for a few planters here and there.

xjkohmqsneob.jpg

With that backdrop, you don't need any flowers! A very serene setting B)

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Ricardo, that backyard looks fabulous! Love the different heights and textures of green.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    Thanks guys; it's pretty relaxing. Backyard faces east so it's nice to be on the deck in the evenings chilling with an adult beverage and listening to the Atriums. All the Sh*** from the day goes away.

Here's another including a portion of the deck

1ihh8nq4pb6u.jpg

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Milito
    Looks great Ricardo.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Beautiful Ricardo
  • halen
    halen Posts: 675
    edited June 2020
    Wow! Looks really nice everyone! My backyard will eventually become a resort, still in the early stages. For you lawn guys, you should look into Carbon X. And use Plant Growth Regulators such as TNex or Tide Paclo 2SC. They are a little pricey but it will reduce your mowing frequency greatly.

I am really serious about my lawn and had Tifway 419 put down. But am now transitioning to Arden 15. I am still in the early stages at my new place. Just had six tons of sand/compost brought in last Friday to level my yard. It was extremely rough, my builder did a very bad job. I have 12 more tons coming in.

This is the recovery rate of my lawn. It was leveled with sand/compost from 1 to 4 inches deep. Last Friday
    h6ssvpcu4ae6.jpeg
    2o8tv1zztyl7.jpeg

Today

k3yluog977dr.jpeg

Cheers
    Halen
  • halen
    edited June 2020
    Now. For all the nice outdoors areas, it would not be complete without complete domination of insects such as fire ants, scorpions, spiders, and mosquitoes. There is nothing but farmland behind my place with a horse farm and lined with tress. I have seen all sorts of widows and crazy looking spiders at my place. From small to freaky large. Sorry pics came out sideways.

I highly recommend Talstar P, Wisdom TC and Cyzmic CS for treatment. You will want to alternate them to reduce immunity.

vsb4fvzol6o1.jpeg
    h5n2aah9qaeg.jpeg
    nv1ea1ewise3.jpeg
  • treitz3
    Now why would you bring in all that dirt when you KNOW yo'butt gonna be puttin' a pool back there? I don't get you man. I believe some people would call you.....I believe the phrase is, "Cray-cray"?

...And you know the kids are going to want a slide AND a diving board. You just know it bro'...

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • halen
    edited June 2020
    I have an immense fear of snakes. Why do you think I never owned any speaker cables the size of water hoses? Hehehehehe

But damn it. You do have a point! Live and learn.

Cheers
    halen
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,309
    edited June 2020
    Wow, beautiful setups there, guys!
    I disabled signatures.
  • Ricardo
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Ok one last time (sorry but when you spend this much, you need affirmation)
    All landscaping done. Now to enjoy!

z1f4h8uz5tv3.jpeg
    ai5devwcqnp8.jpeg
    mo5l797zfvi6.jpeg

Beautiful!!

SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • joecoulson
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Phase II is officially underway...

n8d7im7i2b3r.jpeg

That’s awesome! I need your skills
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    joecoulson wrote: »
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Phase II is officially underway...

n8d7im7i2b3r.jpeg

That’s awesome! I need your skills

So don’t I... :D
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Ricardo
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    jmhxewpiztld.jpg
    Enjoying the new Deck with tunes and beers, just not enjoying the bugs. I learned one thing with this maintenance free deck boards these get a lot hotter than treated lumber boards. I found a outdoor carpet and went and bought a 10 foot sun umbrella to keep the sun off them boards. I do like the fact I can hose it off and its clean, beautiful evening tonight.

Looking good.

When I redid my deck I looked at composite boards but didn't like how slippery they get. Ended using cumaru Brazilian hardwood. It's supposed to last over 50 years. Looks pretty and it was cheaper than composite.

SOPA
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Ricardo wrote: »
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    jmhxewpiztld.jpg
    Enjoying the new Deck with tunes and beers, just not enjoying the bugs. I learned one thing with this maintenance free deck boards these get a lot hotter than treated lumber boards. I found a outdoor carpet and went and bought a 10 foot sun umbrella to keep the sun off them boards. I do like the fact I can hose it off and its clean, beautiful evening tonight.

Looking good.

When I redid my deck I looked at composite boards but didn't like how slippery they get. Ended using cumaru Brazilian hardwood. It's supposed to last over 50 years. Looks pretty and it was cheaper than composite.

Are those Cumaru boards like IPE boards? The company I used suggested IPE wood or maintenance free Azek boards. I heard good things about using tropical wood boards over treated lumber as treated lumber isnt maintenance free and is a lot of work taking care of. I was real close to getting IPE but decided because of the midwest weather the Azek ones where the better choice I did like the looks of the tropical type woods they offered better.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Milito
    Looks great gudnoyez, very nice.

Like that wood Ricardo.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Very nice!
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • treitz3
    That's a vast improvement over what you started with. Very nice man.

Tom
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Thanks!
    So, the irrigation heads are temporarily set up until I can make some changes. Well, my wife says, “we should see how the setup is holding up”. Then she yells to me and says, “why is there water bubbling out of the ground?” Crap!...Apparently, I put a stake through the main. :D

Live and learn...
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • joecoulson
    Oh no! Hope it is downhill from here.