So who is the hot ticket in 4k TV's?

Is it LG, Samsung, Sony? I am thinking about a 65" on the cheap. Also where would you buy it Costco, Best Buy, Walmart etc? Pro-con, up-down, sideways?

I kinda want to put my 55" in the gaming room and try to fit a 65" in my main room so yooz can come over and watch...whatever you want cause I won't be here.

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    TCL is the king of cheap but not garbage.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Nightfall wrote: »
    TCL is the king of cheap but not garbage.

TCL? what and where?
  • Nightfall
    edited May 2020
    I'm pretty sure most big box stores sell them. Walmart and Best Buy for sure.

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    Sam's club Vizio M-series 65" quantum is 459.99 great TV for the price. The remote however sucks 😑
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    @rburgess714 that's exactly what I'm looking for. Will they deliver?
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    That's what we got. We ordered the 65" Samsung at Costco and they delivered it to the house. I've had mine for about a year now. Love Samsung TV's VERY user friendly.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • rburgess714
    rburgess714 Posts: 614
    @rburgess714 that's exactly what I'm looking for. Will they deliver?

Not sure? I picked up at store in and out in 20 minutes.
    Living Room
    Parasound HINT 6, Yamaha Aventage RX-A 1060, Yamaha BD-S681, Cambridge Audio Azur 851N, Polk S60, Polk S30, Samsung 60" LED

Office
    Cambridge Audio 851A, Auralic Aries Mini, LSiM 703s

Douglas Connection ICs and Cables
  • Nightfall

• CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,022
    These folks seem to have a good handle on it:
    https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/best/by-resolution/4k-ultra-hd-uhd
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • aiconn
    aiconn Posts: 277
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Sam's club Vizio M-series 65" quantum is 459.99 great TV for the price. The remote however sucks 😑

I have the 55" version, and love it. However some of it's remote codes conflict with my PS Audio SGC preamp/dac.
    PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC/Preamp
    Denon DVD 2910
    Quad 12L Active Monitors
    Marin Logan Dynamo 700W
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,022
    Also for value, consider the Hisense Quantum series. Just bought one of those for a client.
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited May 2020
    We just got back from Costco and thought Bruce could use a hand at finding a inexpensive 4K and found it. A 70 inch Hinese 4K smart TV. If I would of had a place to put it I would of bought it then and there at the $499 asking price. I could of made room but it ain't a Sony and I'm a Sony fan.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    if you go to costco online.... they deliver
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    I really like the picture on the current line of Sonys, but it's not your best bang for the buck. I never hear complaints about TCL, and those will probably be the most affordable. Not my favorite picture. When it comes to reasonable price and picture, Samsung is still king in my opinion. Great looking TVs, lots of price points, available everywhere.

We got our last one at Costco. It was only $20ish above my employee pricing when I was working at a Samsung owned company. We actually had originally ordered from Samsung direct with the employee discount, but the screen arrived shattered. So we sent it back and ran to Costco so we wouldn't have to go without a TV for a few days in the living room.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • coolsax
    coolsax Posts: 1,824
    another plug for Samsungs.. we have 3 in the house really happy with the picture quality in all of them and didn't spend more than $500 for any of them (2 X 55" and 1 50")
    Main 2ch -
    BlueSound Node->Ethereal optical cable->Peachtree Audio Nova 150->GoldenEar Triton 2+
    TT - Pro-ject Classic SB with Sumiko Bluepoint.

TV 3.1 system -
    Denon 3500 -> Dynaudio Excite 32/22
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,031
    The Hot ticket in 4k TV's is Sony but they are not on the cheap. On the cheap would be TCL which is a nice TV for the money.
    Tv's today are pretty good all around so getting what you can afford will usually still land you a very nice TV.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    I have had bad luck with multiple Sony devices so I am soured on Sony...YMMV

2xTV's , BDP, CD Changer... All died early.
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    edited May 2020
    Another vote for Sony. You get what you pay for.
    At least I do ^
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    I have a Sony 75" Z9D, and a Sony 65" X900F. Haven't had any problems yet, and the pictures are fantastic.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • pitdogg2
    Sony fan here. I just purchased a 65" 950G last week and hung it this weekend. As much as I like the Vizio Quantum M-series 65" I bought my mother, the Sony blows it away in detail.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Every Sony TV I've ever owned died right after the warranty period. Great picture quality for sure but they just have not been reliable for me. I haven't had any issues with the Panasonic plasma. The Hisense H8F has had a few small hiccups but it's doing OK for a very inexpensive ULED TV. If I were to buy a new TV, I'd probably go with a TCL 6-series. YMMV
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • pitdogg2
    I sure hope my Sony lasts longer than a year.
    I'm going to be bent if it don't.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    My Z9D is 4-5 years old, and my X900F must be getting close to 2 years old. Granted, I don't watch the Z9D much anymore, but the X900F is on from when I get up and until I go to bed.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,031
    I have had bad luck with multiple Sony devices so I am soured on Sony...YMMV

2xTV's , BDP, CD Changer... All died early.

You are a rare one. Sony in history has been one of the more reliable brands on the market and continues that today.
    I have been installing and selling Sony products for over 20 years.
    The BDP player everyone has had tons of issues with them. Sony is the least in the failure area except their budget models.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    Last 3-4 TV's I've bought have been Sony.

So far each has been trouble free.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    I want Panasonic to start selling their OLED TVs in America. I only live 10 miles from Canada and they are sold up there. Hmmmmmm.......
  • honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    Viking64 wrote: »
    I want Panasonic to start selling their OLED TVs in America. I only live 10 miles from Canada and they are sold up there. Hmmmmmm.......

Yeah
    What he👆🏾 said!!!