What have you been doing with your new found free time?

DaveHo
DaveHo Posts: 3,471
Me, luckily, I'm able to work from home. But now I don't spend 1.5 hours a day in the car. Yard is shaping up nicely, as is my mom's place. Been watching some old series on Hulu. Currently working my way through MASH. You?

Comments

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Picking away at the basement finishing project. Unfortunately, I am one of the lucky ones that still goes to work during this mess. Therefore, I don’t get to much found time...

hjo7epeogkhk.jpeg
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    edited March 2020
    Posting prophecy here like always.

Uh, like uh dude, repent or something.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    BTW, my job branded me as "essential" so I don't get off of work. If you see me on the news I am the guy running from the ****.
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    SNAFU @ my place with a 17 year young man 7 and almost 4 year young girls home 24/7. We are making it fun for sure. Never enough hours in any given day and I operate on 4-5 hours of sleep each night 99.5% of the year.
    Music stays in play on at least one of my rigs so that happy place is always just a few steps in either direction.
    Still ripping like crazy so while the Corona 🐛 does damper it some, I just have too many avenues of music to keep my party moving.
    Staying cleaner than Mr. Clean as to reduce my chances of getting this crud cuz it would probably be my demise.
    I keep the members here in my prayers and I think we'll get past this.

Music sure does bring joy to our lives and smacking the CRA p outta my new Gretsch Renown kit (Buddy set up except one of the floors is a thunderous 16x18 , and is for sale right now) so really..not enough hours in the days of our lives. Hope all is well on your end brother. Stay safe .
    THJ
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • Inspector 24
    Inspector 24 Posts: 1,308
    Re-watching Farscape in black and white with commentary and subtitles. This show looks amazing in b&w, Ben Browder and Claudia Black are adorable co-starts and the subtitles make it possible to follow the episode. Fantastic way to spend the time. Of course I'd be doing with or without the virus so there's that.
    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down
    LSiM707 - 706c - 702f/x - Dual HSU VTF-15H Mk2
    Parasound HCA-3500 - HCA-2003A - Marantz SR7005
    Sim2 D60 - Dragonfly 106" Panny 500

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Re-watching Farscape in black and white with commentary and subtitles. This show looks amazing in b&w, Ben Browder and Claudia Black are adorable co-starts and the subtitles make it possible to follow the episode. Fantastic way to spend the time. Of course I'd be doing with or without the virus so there's that.

I was hooked on Farscape from the pilot episode on through to the next year I think it was. B) Then after a couple of seasons...something went weird. The plots, the new characters, something, or all three. I lost interest and then it was canceled. Kind-of like Star Trek TOS.

I loved all the original cast of Farscape. They were all believable characters. B)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    For now I’m still working, but I did about 4 hours of yard work today. It was therapeutic.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,031
    My Wife works for PNC bank so she is still working. My Daughter works for Giant food store so she is still working. My Son was in college and has a Full time job at Ibanez and Tama Musical Instruments so he's not working at this time or going to school. He is going crazy. He is washing waxing a fooling around with his Audi S4 daily, playing video games working out at home ( Gym's Closed).
    For me I worked last week, took some time off Thursday and Friday, have this weekend off, have Monday off and I'm not sure what Tuesday is going to bring. We are supposed to be closed as we are not a Essential business unless you count Networking and maybe we can pass with that. I feel the pressure as my Gym is closed so I'm working out at home. I Ceramic coated the Durango R/T and it just sits in the garage with no where to go other then Giant , Home Depot and Wallmart.
    I put together my Mythos ST Tower and re installed them into my system. Disconnected my Velodyne DD 10 Plus but it's still sitting in my Family Room. I moved one of my Wifi Antennas I have a Professional Araknis Home Network. Managed Switches and 2 Indoor Wifi Antennas with a Professional grade Router. It's a OVRC enabled system that I can remotely manage anywhere in the world.
    If I don't work next week I'll have to start creating projects and maybe cleaning out my audio stock and start selling some of it off. My wife thinks there is something wrong with me the amount of Audio video stuff I have. LOL.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Set up a new to me pair of speakers from my dad, which are great. I’ve washed my Volvo almost daily while muttering threats at our dirt road and neighbors who do 25 down the stretch in front of our house ;) I’ve fixed a receiver that has been looking sad and rejected in the closet For quite some time. Reorganized my room. Twice. :D and, lots and lots of music. Some new bands too, been listening to Foreigner, Boston, The Cars, etc.

And today I’m gonna build a puzzle. :)
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,832
    edited March 2020
    As of now I still go to work, hopefully it stays as busy as last week, it was slower, but we still had decent sales, and shipped good numbers as well.. At home I’m chilling with the girls, and playing with the HT more...

Hope all of you stay safe and come out of this with minor scratches...
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,471
    Yard work and getting more sleep
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    edited March 2020
    Doing projects around the house to get it ready to sell this Spring if life goes back to normal. However if it doesn't, will wait till Fall or next year to sell the house.

Waiting for it to stop raining as it has for 10 days straight to do some work in the yard. Also touch up the grout on our flagstone patio and do some touch up outside painting.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Well, I've been posting here on this forum like a mad man!

And buying more audio stuff! :smile: Life is good!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    I still have to work my normal job. The wife gets to work from home.

My car needed service, I took it in yesterday (Saturday). Dealer was like a ghost town. Nobody looking at new cars. 4 guys hopped on my car, In 20 minutes I had the oil changed, tires rotated, coolant drained and refilled and a car wash.

We've been trying to find more to do around the house. I want to change the 20 year old toilets, wife says they are fine... err something to do. take the old ones to the yard a sledge hammer.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Shredded 3 large garbage bags worth of old tax papers and old mortgage and or loan papers and just junk stuff. Reduced 2 massive file boxes down to one small one. Got all 4 bikes ready, cleaned and organized a big portion of the basement and all of the garage. I even shop vac'd the garage floor. Been doing lots of baking with the kids as well as playing many board games and just dance with them. Waiting for it to warm up again to tackle the backyard land mines left by the dog. Been working out every 2 days ( been doing that since early Jan).
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    verb wrote: »
    Well, I've been posting here on this forum like a mad man!

Really? We hadn't noticed. :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited March 2020
    Playing video games. It's like I've been training for this situation my whole life. This isn't even being quarantined for me, it's just regular arse life. :D
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,635
    It's a tightrope walk here at CP. Flagrant posting to get your counts up, while trying to avoid forum incarceration.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • Inspector 24
    Tony M wrote: »

I was hooked on Farscape from the pilot episode on through to the next year I think it was. B) Then after a couple of seasons...something went weird. The plots, the new characters, something, or all three. I lost interest and then it was canceled. Kind-of like Star Trek TOS.

I loved all the original cast of Farscape. They were all believable characters. B)

Agreed, Zhaan was a big loss. As I understand it she had some medical reasons for leaving. The show wasn't the same after that. I never bought into the other characters they brought in. Not that they were bad on their own but they never had the same synergy as with Zhann around. But still 100% worth watching for the John/Aeryn/Scorpius storylines. And I absolutely love Ben Browder and Claudia Black. Listening to the commentary it's obvious how highly they regard each other and how much fun they have together.
    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down

• Tony M
    edited March 2020
    I liked that pale Chiana girl too!
    raamrisxvvi2.png

And Ka D'Argo was a BA!
    hm13wvjl4yib.png

• Inspector 24
    edited March 2020
    Claudia Black makes my pulse quicken. Gorgeous, velvety voice, huge eyes and looks great with a big weapon. I really enjoy her character arc through the show and holy crap can she emote when needed and looks amazing in Farscape Noir. :lol:5n5724vlhgdm.jpg
    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down

• Tony M
    edited March 2020
    I would've loved to date her in my prime too. :)

After looking again, I did date and live with a girl/woman for 2 years just like her. She was very confident and said what was on her mind. I'm smiling now thinking back to those years...

Those years were in my prime come to think about it. :D
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Is she free?

Asking for a friend...

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Tony M
    I doubt it. :D

I do know she had a child from some guy 35+ years ago. Not me.

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    That gun looks familiar. Isn't that the same one the dude used to blow up John Wicks house in JW2 ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • CottageChz
    CottageChz Posts: 362
    Doing some house projects. Redoing a bathroom I tore out a while ago, and stripping wallpaper in some other rooms. Trying to work on some stuff for a career change since there’s little work in my field at the moment. Hope all this stuff blows over fast!
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    I don't know what I'd do without my home gym to take out some of the frustrations of what's been happening. It sure beats sitting on my duff in front of the gloom and doom machine formerly known as my computer.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    Walking my dog a lot, built a worm farm for fishing, and need to get my bike tube fixed before they lock down Georgia! (thats the rumor at least)
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    I've been complaining about stuff on every hifi/audio forum that'll have me.
    I.e., SSDD: same stuff, different day.

B)