What have you been doing with your new found free time?

Options

Comments

• NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,815
    Options
    Free time LOL working 12 hour shifts now as opposed to our normal 8 but then whats normal these days...…...still get out fishing 5/6 days a week even on work days
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    I re-affirmed how salty play-doh taste.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • steveinaz
    Options
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    3k8l83t6a33w.jpeg
    kxk4ygca1fjz.jpeg
    zd4h0dkpm0xb.jpeg

I like your place, cool.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,958
    Options
  • recoveryone
    recoveryone Posts: 885
    Options
    City is running at about 25% staffing, so as an inspector there are only about 30% of my work happening (construction projects) all the restaurant and warehouses are closing/shutting down. I did get out Saturday night and did a night flight of a project

https://youtu.be/GuUkQeirjHw
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • Wardsweb
    Wardsweb Posts: 903
    Options
    I fixed a Melody Valve HiFi cd player.

zu96ip70m8ln.jpg
  • Wardsweb
    Wardsweb Posts: 903
    Options
    The CD-M10 is built like a tank and it sounds really good.

ws6vitjckkb6.jpg
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    Options
    Painted the mud room. Hadn't been done in 4 years. Now it looks new. Took down all the Xmas lights on the eaves trough.
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,049
    Options
    This morning's project was to replace the original 5 incandescent bulbs in my Proton d1200 with led's.xsim8hsy2ms5.jpg
    bdx266ij2ml1.jpg
  • steveinaz
    Options
    There's nothing cooler than a pair of analog meters on a man-amp. Awesome.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,480
    Options
    Nice! Always wanted one of those Protons.
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,049
    Options
    I was researching youtube for a how to video on changing the bulbs and I ran across a video of the Proton being tested. Proton advertises it as a 100 wpc amp but the tester got over 1700 wpc at 2 ohm. Chalk one up for conservative advertising.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,032
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I prepped and seasoned two cast iron skillets today :)

One 10-1/2 inch NOS Wagner and one (IIRC) dump-find 12" Lodge.

hs1kucewtprk.jpg
    (before photo :p )

• DaveHo
    Options
    My son's track coach has been sending out individual workout routines, so he is still training 5 days a week. On long run days I have been biking as he runs. I have never seen so many people on the trails. Nice to see people getting out there in a safe manner.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Teaching the dog how to play Go Fish....
  • mhardy6647
    edited March 2020
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Teaching the dog how to play Go Fish....

Yea, man! I seen that pixture!

u8homv7gb3cz.png

• Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    Options
    I’ve decided that I haven’t irritated my wife enough so far.

So I’m spending the next week with a mustache that I shaved in this morning. I’m also going to be referring to myself in the third person all week, “Mustache Frank”.

I came down stairs with it and she told me I looked like an idiot, I informed her that normal Frank would have just shrugged the insult off, but not Mustache Frank!

She wisely just walked away from me rolling her eyes.

Both my daughters don’t seem to care, pretty sure they have mastered the art of ignoring my nonsense.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    Options
    Upstatemax wrote: »
    I’ve decided that I haven’t irritated my wife enough so far.

So I’m spending the next week with a mustache that I shaved in this morning. I’m also going to be referring to myself in the third person all week, “Mustache Frank”.

I came down stairs with it and she told me I looked like an idiot, I informed her that normal Frank would have just shrugged the insult off, but not Mustache Frank!

She wisely just walked away from me rolling her eyes.

Both my daughters don’t seem to care, pretty sure they have mastered the art of ignoring my nonsense.

This is a stupendous idea!

I'll allow it.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    Options

Jstas wrote: »

This is a stupendous idea!

I'll allow it.

I’m also roping my close friends in. So far we have my mustache, a soul patch, handle bar mustache and a goatee...
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    Sounds like a hockey playoff beard. I’m ending up with long hair since I haven’t had a haircut since the start of September.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • DaveHo
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Sounds like a hockey playoff beard. I’m ending up with long hair since I haven’t had a haircut since the start of September.

My hair is getting longer than I'd like. I've had this lingering desire to find out what I'd look like bald. This could be the week!
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,684
    Options
    I finally figured out how the forum search actually works...I think.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    Options
    butterbean wrote: »
    Been dicking around with speaker placement. Screwed it up a lot today, really pissed me off, but I just hit the sweet spot! Better leave it alone!

Famous last words
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    Options
    butterbean wrote: »
    Been dicking around with speaker placement. Screwed it up a lot today, really pissed me off, but I just hit the sweet spot! Better leave it alone!

Advice here...'cause I did the same thing to myself a couple times and I think it was pearsall001 who gave me this idea at a Polkfest.

When you find your "sweet spot" with speaker placement, if you know they are going to get moved, get some masking tape and tape out the footprint of the speakers. That way, when you move them, all you have to do is line them back up with the masking tape box on the floor.

Works well when you have a bunch of goons wandering around your house deaf as a stump and blind as a bat fiddling with all your rigs and "improving" them for you.

Also, can be good for figuring out placement. Tape off a spot and mark it with a number then get a notebook and put notes for that number. Then move until you find another interesting spot, give that spot a number and take more notes.

Makes it easy to go back to what worked well and narrow down what your best spot is going to be.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    Options
    Jstas wrote: »
    Advice here...'cause I did the same thing to myself a couple times and I think it was pearsall001 who gave me this idea at a Polkfest.

When you find your "sweet spot" with speaker placement, if you know they are going to get moved, get some masking tape and tape out the footprint of the speakers. That way, when you move them, all you have to do is line them back up with the masking tape box on the floor.

Works well when you have a bunch of goons wandering around your house deaf as a stump and blind as a bat fiddling with all your rigs and "improving" them for you.

Also, can be good for figuring out placement. Tape off a spot and mark it with a number then get a notebook and put notes for that number. Then move until you find another interesting spot, give that spot a number and take more notes.

Makes it easy to go back to what worked well and narrow down what your best spot is going to be.

Might explain the lack of south Jersey Polkfests for awhile...

So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,047
    Options
    I'm "essential" so still working.

My copious spare time, now that SWMBO & I can't go adventuring, will be taken up by some solder slinging.

fwipy8oww6y0.jpg

• oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Options
    Took Hazel and the big car ride into town to pickup a prescription. :)

Had a good time until she floated one. :o

She had that "I'm sorry, it slipped" look on her face... :(

Pee shew, she a stinky girl.... :s
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    xschop wrote: »
    I finally figured out how the forum search actually works...I think.

It doesn't work very well. :/
  • steveinaz
    Options
    Got the salt levels up in the pool, gonna put the new cover on today and get the water temp up. SWCG is connected and ready to rock. Had to do a 80% drain this Spring due to calcium levels being sky high.