Scary virus outbreak in China

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Still....Bud could live on for another 20 years.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    edited March 2020
    Ten million people live in Los Angeles county, and 20 cases of Wuhan.... That comes out to 0.000002 percent of the population.
    And no toilet paper to be found anywhere. Makes perfect sense to me...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    To quote Tommy Lee Jones in MIB - “A person is smart, people are stupid.”
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,893
    Ten million people live in Los Angeles county, and 20 cases of COVID-19.... That comes out to 0.000002 percent of the population.
    And no toilet paper to be found anywhere. Makes perfect sense to me...
    Only 10,000 people have been tested in all of the United States. How many do you think were tested in Los Angeles County? We have tested fewer people than any developed nation, including small countries like Ireland, with a population in the country that is less than Los Angeles County.
    Alea jacta est!
  • Kex
    P.S. and WTF is this strange new angle where we want to call it the Wuhan virus?! Do the political angles never cease?! 🙄
    Alea jacta est!
  • treitz3
    *yawn*

I like pie.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    “Because of coronavirus, a lot of people start to worry,” he said.

Spin zone.
  • treitz3
    Without being political, isn't what most of us are experiencing a taste of....?

Do you want to live without...?

Are lines for basic necessities acceptable to you?

Are grocery stores running out of (as evidenced here) basic food okay for you to accept as normal life?

This is just a taste of what...

Just sayin'...

Tom

• daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    Kex wrote: »
    P.S. and WTF is this strange new angle where we want to call it the Wuhan virus?! Do the political angles never cease?! 🙄

Lassa, Marburg, Hanta, Lyme, Zika, West Nile - and those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

BE HONEST - no one cared that it was linked to China until The President said it on TV last night - then the media lost their minds.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    edited March 2020
    Atleast with the covid19, it's not like nearly 100% mortality (90+%) like ebola. That's the silver lining.

I recall Ebola, that was bad, if you got it then you're toast. Our protocol in the hospital was if you showed up with Ebola, we left you in the containment room and closed all doors, sealed any gaps of the doors, and left you there. If you were seizing or crashing or coding (code blue), we left you there.

The bad part about covid19 is infectious rate is higher (I think the illustration below is slightly off).

zte0anznvopc.png

Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • treitz3
    edited March 2020
    26yua0et8a5i.png

The clap was bad if you ask Russ and the infection rate was the same with all of the red headed beavers within the lake. Tell me how this is different, given your "professional" aspect of the situation...

Tom
  • Kex
    Just for clarity: this is directly from the CDC:
    CDC is responding to an outbreak of respiratory disease caused by a novel (new) coronavirus that was first detected in China and which has now been detected in more than 100 locations internationally, including in the United States. The virus has been named “SARS-CoV-2” and the disease it causes has been named “coronavirus disease 2019” (abbreviated “COVID-19”).
    Alea jacta est!
  • Kex
    edited March 2020
    Those figures, Mr. Reitz, are woefully behind. The death toll in Italy alone today was almost 200 (and the JHU CSSE Tracker is not yet updated). They’re having trouble keeping up, and the site was down for extended periods today.
    Alea jacta est!
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    treitz3 wrote: »
    26yua0et8a5i.png

The clap was bad if you ask Russ and the infection rate was the same with all of the red headed beavers within the lake. Tell me how this is different, given your "professional" aspect of the situation...

Tom

Can’t speak from a professional perspective, but I feel we are just getting started.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • treitz3
    Okay, how about this.....that is up to date....

ocyrm991yo9f.png
    Tom
  • Kex
    No. That’s the JHU CSSE tracker. Please try to pay attention.
    Alea jacta est!
  • treitz3
    Please, please, oh please tell us sir...

What is your standard of measure then? We are ALL relying on you sir.

Tom
  • Kex
    P.S. The cases in Italy exceeded 15,000 today, and deaths exceeded 1,000.
    Alea jacta est!
  • treitz3
    edited March 2020
    .....and now a word from the local idiot...

[EDIT:] He spoke too soon but there is more to follow...
  • Kex
    edited March 2020
    Just for you, Mr. Reitz, since you seem to be confused (and angry):

From Corriere Della Serra

It’s in Italian, but I would expect that you can still grasp the numbers as shown.
    Alea jacta est!
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Calm down people.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • treitz3
    edited March 2020
    Kex wrote: »
    Just for you, Mr. Reitz, since you seem to be confused (and angry):
    ^^^ Never fails ^^^

Your town called. They need you back.

Tom
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Just got an email from my company informing us that the majority of staff will be working from home starting Monday the 16th through the 31st.
  • Kex
    Factually inaccurate, Beatrice, according to every single credible scientific body on the planet... including the CDC as quoted above.
    Alea jacta est!
  • treitz3
    Kex, you never answered my question that we are all waiting for.

What is your standard of measure then? We are ALL relying on you sir.

BTW, you still owe many forum members an apology for almost thwarting them out of a demonstration of Polk speakers.

Tom
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    And now China is saying the virus was developed in the United States and introduced to China by our military....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
This discussion has been closed.