Scary virus outbreak in China

Comments

• maximillian
    maximillian Posts: 2,142
    tonyb wrote: »
    Lose your minds in 3....2....

But she was wrong about the previous prediction. Is 1 out of 2 good odds for a psyhic? I don't follow these things so don't know. :|
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    Willow wrote: »
    I find it interesting that ebola and malaria kill more people but those people tend to live in places that don't really affect the stock market. Mosquitos are one of if not the deadliest things on earth but no big deal, we still go outside, we don't hoard bug spray, sporting events still take place outside, we go camping, fishing, hunting, take dumps in the woods and fornicate outdoors and we get bit.

Where I live West Nile virus is commonplace. We don't go into the woods and perform the actions you list above unless slathered in mosquito and tick repellent. I suggest you do the same.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    treitz3 wrote: »
    nn09fltn0wkf.png

Tom

I noticed TB was at the top of this list. Recently in Texas, a man came across the border, arrested for the obvious, but tested positive for TB. Not any TB, a different strain that all modern treatments failed to beat. Took a few months but finally got it under control.

Is this not a good enough reason to have better security/controls at the borders ? TB has been making a comeback because of poor border security/controls....and according to this chart, is the no.1 killer. Nobody says a peep about it though.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Willow wrote: »
    I find it interesting that ebola and malaria kill more people but those people tend to live in places that don't really affect the stock market. Mosquitos are one of if not the deadliest things on earth but no big deal, we still go outside, we don't hoard bug spray, sporting events still take place outside, we go camping, fishing, hunting, take dumps in the woods and fornicate outdoors and we get bit.

Where I live West Nile virus is commonplace. We don't go into the woods and perform the actions you list above unless slathered in mosquito and tick repellent. I suggest you do the same.

Exactly you take precautions not panic.
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,136
    Market may limit down at 20% today. Nothing is out of the question in this panic.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • motorhead43026
    Alex Jones is selling a toothpaste said to kill corona on contact, get you some.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

• tonyb
    Market may limit down at 20% today. Nothing is out of the question in this panic.

I'd imagine many are just pulling money to sit on the sidelines until a vaccine comes out. When that happens, it'll be blazing back up in no time. Even during the great depression, there's always a new beginning.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • motorhead43026
    edited March 2020
    ^^you must not have much at stake. A vaccine is at least a year away, as I understand.

Anyway we are fast approaching March 2017 levels. Nearly 3 years of gains wiped out.

• Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,136
    Halted at -7%, for 15 mins.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • Willow
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    At this point in time, I could care less about my 401K, I have lived with less just fine, and If I have to so be it, as long as I can keep my family safe by the end of this I will be richer in the areas of life then anything my 401k can give me.

We all live, and we will all die someday, and all you have gained will no longer be yours anyway...

So far I have lost over 20k, if we come out unscathed I would have gladly paid that to do so anyways, especially for our kids...

I am short of being nothing without my family. I totally get you. I'd rather live in a box with my family than a mansion all alone.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    la2vegas wrote: »
    The end is near... students upset over No Classes?
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2020/03/11/ohio-college-students-riot-after-classes-housing-closed-over-coronavirus/amp/

Really? What's next Americans riot over the IRS canceling taxes?

For what it is worth... A good friend of mine's classes were canceled at UCF, and he was told not to come back to campus. There was no indication he would receiver any sort of reimbursement for the cost of his room, food, services, etc.

So while he said he was looking forward to working at home, he still seems to have to pay for all the things he can't use.

This could have changed since, yesterday, I'm not sure. :)
  • tonyb
    That will be the next step, people will want money back. Season ticket holders to basketball games, can't use them now since the season is cancelled. Colleges and dorm costs/fees, school sports fees, etc.

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    ^^you must not have much at stake. A vaccine is at least a year away, as I understand.

Anyway we are fast approaching March 2017 levels. Nearly 3 years of gains wiped out.

When I started this thread I said get out of the market, and this was before it crashed.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • motorhead43026
    I have been all cash but about 10% for some time. I missed the run-up the last year and a half.

I like investing in tangibles.

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    tonyb wrote: »
    That will be the next step, people will want money back. Season ticket holders to basketball games, can't use them now since the season is cancelled. Colleges and dorm costs/fees, school sports fees, etc.

I would if I had spent that kind of money.
  • motorhead43026
    The next level of support should be around 20,500, if we break through that the next level should be around 18,700.

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    From an audio buddy of mine living in Denmark...

"Denmark officially closed down last night ! Effective 2 weeks. All public servants in every position sent home. Parliament closed all sittings except emergency handling. Only police and healthcare/elder care operating at full capacity. University’s, higher education closed from this morning.

Public schools including kindergarten closed urging parents to keep children home if possible, and not leave children with grandparents, the most vulnerable. Advising no gatherings bigger than 100 people (down from 1000 Friday) advising all restaurants, bars nightclubs to close down now, with temporary emergency law mandating it being voted on in the coming days.

Private business advised to work from home if possible. Avoidance of public transportation if possible and increase of capacity to give more room between people who use it. This all to try to flatten out the curb, so the health care system can handle new cases, and maintain all usual activity.

We went from 10 cases last week to 651 today, most from skiing vacations in
    northern Italy"

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Well, they make the best speakers, we should follow suit! 😀
  • treitz3
    So, here is the dilemma in Union County NC, not too far away from me. They just discovered that they have E coli in their water system...here is the decision many of my local friends have to make...

sqs84osgitkc.png

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • treitz3
    gp0yx4at94gx.png

Tom
  • motorhead43026
    They just prohibited gatherings of 100 people or more in Ohio. So I guess if you have 99 you are gold.

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    edited March 2020
    Looks like LIVE NATION is going to be postponing all shows as well..

I knew last nights speech would change a lot of things fast...

• Willow
    NHL cancelled for now. Not that I watch or care just heard on the news
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    XFL gone too? Not because of the virus though?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,892
    The markets have suffered their worst day since 1987.

No credible epidemiologist thinks that this is under control. The ONLY reason cases are lower in the U.S. compared to Europe is because the U.S. is barely testing. Europe has been on high alert for a month. France just announced that they are closing all schools and colleges. Anyone furloughed because of the economic downturn will be compensated.

You cannot stop a virus with low interest rates and a travel ban. You need ICU beds, respirators, testing, and social distancing.
    Alea jacta est!
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Ohio just closed all public schools after tomorrow until April 13th.
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,892
    • DJIA: -9.99%
    • S&P 500: -9.51%
    • Nasdaq: -9.43

Those numbers might shift a little as final trades are tallied.
    Alea jacta est!
This discussion has been closed.