I just pulled the trigger on a new tüübed pre....this one should be pretty sweet!

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited February 2020
    Tom, hoping for a happy final outcome for you.

May the audio gods smile upon you.

PS tonight is a blue fox night for me :)
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Any updates Tom?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Any updates Tom?

????
    @treitz3
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    The Canary is slated to arrive tomorrow sometime according to UPS. John had stated that after the capacitor replacements, he fully checked the pre out and there is no noise and no further issues found.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,903
    Hmmm....that truck may never make it Tom. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • treitz3
    My concern is, I have to work tomorrow....and not at the house. I may have to wait yet another day or two. Unless I rearrange it to where I can pick it up. I have to be here in order to sign for it. DOH!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,970
    Just have it sent to my house
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    if it's fedx you can divert it to the nearest fedx office location. don't know about ups, maybe to a ups store.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Pick it up at the local hub?
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • treitz3
    The Canary has landed. B)

You know you have a sickness when you rearrange important things at work for your audio hobby. I waited at home all day and it finally arrived about 30 minutes ago. Unpacked her and currently they are sitting on top of the crossover units slowly warming up. They started getting sweat on them when I unpacked them and after all the time I have waited, I'm not about to do something stupid now.

I'll wait until they get up to at least 68 degrees and then I'll hook it up and try her out.

Let the fun begin again, this time with no issues! *fingers crossed*

Tom
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,929
    it's bad when your hifi sweats.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    treitz3 wrote: »
    You know you have a sickness when you rearrange important things at work for your audio hobby. I waited at home all day and it finally arrived about 30 minutes ago.

Did you miss Marvin's post above about how you can redirect incoming shipments to your local FedEx Office/The UPS Store and pick them up at your leisure?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    it's bad when your hifi sweats.

It seen the picture of the speaker SLAM !!
    Clipdat wrote: »
    treitz3 wrote: »
    You know you have a sickness when you rearrange important things at work for your audio hobby. I waited at home all day and it finally arrived about 30 minutes ago.

Did you miss Marvin's post above about how you can redirect incoming shipments to your local FedEx Office/The UPS Store and pick them up at your leisure?

Have you met Tom? I'm betting Tom has been awake for 72 hrs. waiting for this.

• treitz3
    Drew, no. I saw it. Last time I did that, I had to wait an extra day. I have waited long enough.

Don't get me wrong, I have patience but I want to hear the damned thing!!! It's been since January 5th. That's long enough for me.

Even this little bit of time for her to warm up to room temperature is killing me. I need to start ordering things in the summer. Yeah, it may be a late night here at the Reitz household.

Tom
  • pitdogg2
    try the oven...
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Oh that sucks! Yeah I wouldn't want to redirect it either if it meant another day of time waiting.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Tom, did you ever send the Dodd to that guy down south?
  • treitz3
    Not yet. I had some other plans while I was down there and one of our members had issues with a relative getting sick. The plans remain the same but with a delay. Soon, is all I can say. Just don't know when yet.

Tom
  • Temperature update?
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • mhardy6647
    TEAforONE wrote: »
    Temperature update?

@treitz3 should have a real time data feed from a thermocouple for us to watch.

B)

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    TEAforONE wrote: »
    Temperature update?

Tom uses the HindA method, may take a little longer
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • pitdogg2
    He can't hear you! He's more than likely still looking for his sack ...
  • mhardy6647
    edited February 2020
    I wanna see the cooling warming curve...
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Sounds like the Dodd has been replaced. Congrats Tom, you deserve it!
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Sounds like your patience has been rewarded!
  • treitz3
    It most definitely has, Mike. I am having a blast listening again. So far, no matter what I slap in? It sounds sublime. I have to hand it to the Dodd. It held it's own but this Canary has brought me to the next level.

Ultra clean sound and extremely musical. I know "clean" sound may not make sense to some but when you hear it, you know. If you haven't (not) heard it before, one doesn't know what is masked. I need to type this one out a bit better to where it makes more sense.

I'm so freakin' tired right now....stayed up until the wee hours of the morning just listening to album after album. Woke up and have done the same thing. I am a very happy camper right now. I can clearly hear why the previous owner moved up the line.

Tom
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,903
    Congrats Tom, sounds like a winner. That's the fun part of this audio thing, being blown away by a piece when you really aren't expecting to by a huge degree.
    Rock on brotha
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    since they put new (different) caps in it, I wonder how the sound differs from the stock unit.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156