New amp, Good brother

Tonight was a great night. A good friend stopped by. And had goodies in stock.

I have been out of the audio world for around 2 years now. But getting back in.

Dang. Pass Labs killers. Haha

lbtln8bugc39.jpeg

Comments

• halenhalen Posts: 609
    Over a year ago, I tried to sell most of my audio. As expected I received a ton of low ballers. I didn’t sell but gave away. You know. People that talk big, act big and wealthy.

After giving away most of my audio, somehow I bought Focal Sopra Bookies. It was one of those Blue Fox drinking kinda nights. At this point I sold my home as well and stayed at one of my rental places. Long story short. I don’t own the Focal’s right now either.

But man. Do I have a bad **** amp now. Haha. Let the journey begin again!!
  • marvda1marvda1 Posts: 4,015
    did you forget to tell us what you got?
    I have a mastersound waiting for you.
    Amplifiers: MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800,Kinki Studio EX-M1
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Transport/Dac: L.K.S MH-DA004, Cayin Venus cd-100i, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkI,
    Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2, Analysis Plus Black Mesh Oval 9,
    Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2, Gabriel Gold Reckoning
    Power Cables by: Cullen Cables, 6sons Audio, Swiss Cables
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 13,295
    halen wrote: »
    Over a year ago, I tried to sell most of my audio. As expected I received a ton of low ballers. I didn’t sell but gave away. You know. People that talk big, act big and wealthy.

After giving away most of my audio, somehow I bought Focal Sopra Bookies. It was one of those Blue Fox drinking kinda nights. At this point I sold my home as well and stayed at one of my rental places. Long story short. I don’t own the Focal’s right now either.

LOL. I never drank that much. However, when I remodeled my house three years ago I gave away a ton of gear. Welcome back.
    Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on preamp, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
    BlueFox wrote: »

LOL. I never drank that much. However, when I remodeled my house three years ago I gave away a ton of gear. Welcome back.

Ha. You remember that blue fox night you bought your first Magicos? Lol
    marvda1 wrote: »
    did you forget to tell us what you got?
    I have a mastersound waiting for you.

I did not forget. Mastersound can’t touch it either.
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,969
    Were you posing for Skip?

I guess it's why i'm selling the mastersound :D
    Amplifiers: MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800,Kinki Studio EX-M1
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2, Analysis Plus Black Mesh Oval 9,
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2, Gabriel Gold Reckoning

Yes. Quite well. I woke up Saturday and wondered if I really did that. Checked my email, and the owner accepted my offer. However, even drunk that was one of my best audio decisions. :)
    Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.

Mastersound is really nice. Very nice. I would still love to own it. But I do not have a second setup yet. My first again is balls to the walls. Never divorced and married again. But I guess that will be what it is like. Haha

Yes. Quite well. I woke up Saturday and wondered if I really did that. Checked my email, and the owner accepted my offer. However, even drunk that was one of my best audio decisions. :)

Hehehe . And now you have the latest version?

Yes. S5 v2. Absolutely fantastic sounding. In fact, the stereo sounds so good now I am looking at nothing to upgrade.
    Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.

Mastersound is really nice. Very nice. I would still love to own it. But I do not have a second setup yet. My first again is balls to the walls. Never divorced and married again. But I guess that will be what it is like. Haha

you could get the mastersound from me now , put it in the closet and you will have an amp for your second system :D

Yes. S5 v2. Absolutely fantastic sounding. In fact, the stereo sounds so good now I am looking at nothing to upgrade.
    Have you tried a different amp on your magicos?

Pass Labs was my end game some time ago.

You wanna try another one?

Have you tried a different amp on your magicos?

Pass Labs was my end game some time ago.

You wanna try another one?

No. Not at this time. I am retired and love my stereo. I figure at this point I would just be chasing nuances in sound .
    Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.
    I have tried many tube amps.

My favorite was Unison Research. Very low class A watts. Mastersound was next.

But solid state. Pass Labs was my end game.

You must try out Norma. Just try it
    Am just messing around. I got the vista amp to power a pair of Polk S15s. The setup will be for my garage.

Cheers!

kbzm31j8287s.jpeg
  • halohalo Posts: 5,537
    Am just messing around. I got the vista amp to power a pair of Polk S15s. The setup will be for my garage.

Cheers!

kbzm31j8287s.jpeg

Those S15's are gonna sing!

Enjoy!
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 32,433
    Nice to see you 2 hook up. Also good to see you spreading your musical wings again. Nice amp pal, congrats.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • WardswebWardsweb Posts: 871
    lbtln8bugc39.jpeg

You have been "Skipped"
    Living room: Clearaudio Champion II turntable, EAR 834P phono pre, Auralic Altair DAC/server, PS Audio Quintessence power, DIY 6H30 Class A Linestage, ASL AQ1006 845 DT MKII mono block amplifers, DIY Altec/JBL speakers, DIY Baltic birch rack
    Sun room: DIY Nelson Pass B1 w/Korg NuTube pre, Technics SL-1700 turntable, DIY Anaview d-class mono block amplfiers, JBL C50 Olympus speakers with custom Smith horns, Mapleshade Samson rack
    Den: Onkyo TX-NR929 receiver, Oppo BDP-103 player, Behringer EP 4000 sub amp, Electrovoice DX-38 active, DIY EL-34 horn amp, Behringer NU6000 bass amp, Klipsch Jubilee speakers, Martin Logan Cinema center, JBL SAT2 surrounds, Danley DTS-10 sub
    Dining room: Pro-Ject RPM 1 turntable, Shanling CD-T1500 SACD, Sumo Athena pre, SST Ampzilla 2000 amps, Quad 2905 speakers
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 4,262
    Skiparazzi
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61 - AQ Niagara 5000 - SVS SB16u
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 32,433
    I dunno, looks like Halen's daughter has the upper hand on Skip. Certainly she has the last word and is schooling him on cameras. You go kid !!!
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 11,230
    She is very smart, and great personality
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • erniejadeerniejade Posts: 5,327
    I have tried many tube amps.

My favorite was Unison Research. Very low class A watts. Mastersound was next.

But solid state. Pass Labs was my end game.

You must try out Norma. Just try it

Agree on Norma. Very good sounding gear.
    Den: Lumin D1,Wireworld Silver Eclipse RCA, KEF LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9,

Living Room:,T+A PA 1530R, Tyler Highland H2, High Fidelity Reveal RCA, Aries Mini, LKS MH-da004, Wireworld Silver Eclipse SC

Have but haven't used in a while: LH Labs VI Dac, Cayin SCD50T, , W4S recovery,Grant Fidelity Tube Dac 11
    Wardsweb wrote: »
    lbtln8bugc39.jpeg

You have been "Skipped"

haven't we all :D