New amp, Good brother

Tonight was a great night. A good friend stopped by. And had goodies in stock.

I have been out of the audio world for around 2 years now. But getting back in.

Dang. Pass Labs killers. Haha

lbtln8bugc39.jpeg

Comments

• halen
    halen Posts: 675
    Over a year ago, I tried to sell most of my audio. As expected I received a ton of low ballers. I didn’t sell but gave away. You know. People that talk big, act big and wealthy.

After giving away most of my audio, somehow I bought Focal Sopra Bookies. It was one of those Blue Fox drinking kinda nights. At this point I sold my home as well and stayed at one of my rental places. Long story short. I don’t own the Focal’s right now either.

But man. Do I have a bad **** amp now. Haha. Let the journey begin again!!
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    did you forget to tell us what you got?
    I have a mastersound waiting for you.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    halen wrote: »
    Over a year ago, I tried to sell most of my audio. As expected I received a ton of low ballers. I didn’t sell but gave away. You know. People that talk big, act big and wealthy.

After giving away most of my audio, somehow I bought Focal Sopra Bookies. It was one of those Blue Fox drinking kinda nights. At this point I sold my home as well and stayed at one of my rental places. Long story short. I don’t own the Focal’s right now either.

LOL. I never drank that much. However, when I remodeled my house three years ago I gave away a ton of gear. Welcome back.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • halen
    BlueFox wrote: »

LOL. I never drank that much. However, when I remodeled my house three years ago I gave away a ton of gear. Welcome back.

Ha. You remember that blue fox night you bought your first Magicos? Lol
  • halen
    marvda1 wrote: »
    did you forget to tell us what you got?
    I have a mastersound waiting for you.

I did not forget. Mastersound can’t touch it either.
  • marvda1
    I guess it's why i'm selling the mastersound :D
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • BlueFox

Yes. Quite well. I woke up Saturday and wondered if I really did that. Checked my email, and the owner accepted my offer. However, even drunk that was one of my best audio decisions. :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • halen

Mastersound is really nice. Very nice. I would still love to own it. But I do not have a second setup yet. My first again is balls to the walls. Never divorced and married again. But I guess that will be what it is like. Haha
  • halen

Yes. Quite well. I woke up Saturday and wondered if I really did that. Checked my email, and the owner accepted my offer. However, even drunk that was one of my best audio decisions. :)

Hehehe . And now you have the latest version?
  • BlueFox

Yes. S5 v2. Absolutely fantastic sounding. In fact, the stereo sounds so good now I am looking at nothing to upgrade.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • marvda1

Mastersound is really nice. Very nice. I would still love to own it. But I do not have a second setup yet. My first again is balls to the walls. Never divorced and married again. But I guess that will be what it is like. Haha

you could get the mastersound from me now , put it in the closet and you will have an amp for your second system :D
    Puritan PSM156
  • halen

Yes. S5 v2. Absolutely fantastic sounding. In fact, the stereo sounds so good now I am looking at nothing to upgrade.
    Have you tried a different amp on your magicos?

Pass Labs was my end game some time ago.

You wanna try another one?
  • BlueFox

Have you tried a different amp on your magicos?

Pass Labs was my end game some time ago.

You wanna try another one?

No. Not at this time. I am retired and love my stereo. I figure at this point I would just be chasing nuances in sound .

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • halen
    I have tried many tube amps.

My favorite was Unison Research. Very low class A watts. Mastersound was next.

But solid state. Pass Labs was my end game.

You must try out Norma. Just try it
  • halen
    Am just messing around. I got the vista amp to power a pair of Polk S15s. The setup will be for my garage.

Cheers!

kbzm31j8287s.jpeg
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Am just messing around. I got the vista amp to power a pair of Polk S15s. The setup will be for my garage.

Cheers!

kbzm31j8287s.jpeg

Those S15's are gonna sing!

Enjoy!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Nice to see you 2 hook up. Also good to see you spreading your musical wings again. Nice amp pal, congrats.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Wardsweb
    Wardsweb Posts: 899
    lbtln8bugc39.jpeg

You have been "Skipped"
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    I dunno, looks like Halen's daughter has the upper hand on Skip. Certainly she has the last word and is schooling him on cameras. You go kid !!!
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    She is very smart, and great personality
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    I have tried many tube amps.

My favorite was Unison Research. Very low class A watts. Mastersound was next.

But solid state. Pass Labs was my end game.

You must try out Norma. Just try it

Agree on Norma. Very good sounding gear.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • marvda1
    Wardsweb wrote: »
    lbtln8bugc39.jpeg

You have been "Skipped"

haven't we all :D
    Puritan PSM156