New amp, Good brother

Tonight was a great night. A good friend stopped by. And had goodies in stock.

I have been out of the audio world for around 2 years now. But getting back in.

Dang. Pass Labs killers. Haha

lbtln8bugc39.jpeg

Comments

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    The picture looks like he gave you a small Asian girl in a duffel bag?

Hi Skip ;)
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • halen
    halen Posts: 677
    Over a year ago, I tried to sell most of my audio. As expected I received a ton of low ballers. I didn’t sell but gave away. You know. People that talk big, act big and wealthy.

After giving away most of my audio, somehow I bought Focal Sopra Bookies. It was one of those Blue Fox drinking kinda nights. At this point I sold my home as well and stayed at one of my rental places. Long story short. I don’t own the Focal’s right now either.

But man. Do I have a bad **** amp now. Haha. Let the journey begin again!!
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,871
    did you forget to tell us what you got?
    I have a mastersound waiting for you.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    halen wrote: »
    Over a year ago, I tried to sell most of my audio. As expected I received a ton of low ballers. I didn’t sell but gave away. You know. People that talk big, act big and wealthy.

After giving away most of my audio, somehow I bought Focal Sopra Bookies. It was one of those Blue Fox drinking kinda nights. At this point I sold my home as well and stayed at one of my rental places. Long story short. I don’t own the Focal’s right now either.

LOL. I never drank that much. However, when I remodeled my house three years ago I gave away a ton of gear. Welcome back.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • halen
    BlueFox wrote: »

LOL. I never drank that much. However, when I remodeled my house three years ago I gave away a ton of gear. Welcome back.

Ha. You remember that blue fox night you bought your first Magicos? Lol
  • halen
    marvda1 wrote: »
    did you forget to tell us what you got?
    I have a mastersound waiting for you.

I did not forget. Mastersound can’t touch it either.
  • marvda1
    I guess it's why i'm selling the mastersound :D
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • BlueFox

Yes. Quite well. I woke up Saturday and wondered if I really did that. Checked my email, and the owner accepted my offer. However, even drunk that was one of my best audio decisions. :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • halen

Mastersound is really nice. Very nice. I would still love to own it. But I do not have a second setup yet. My first again is balls to the walls. Never divorced and married again. But I guess that will be what it is like. Haha
  • halen

Yes. Quite well. I woke up Saturday and wondered if I really did that. Checked my email, and the owner accepted my offer. However, even drunk that was one of my best audio decisions. :)

Hehehe . And now you have the latest version?
  • BlueFox

Yes. S5 v2. Absolutely fantastic sounding. In fact, the stereo sounds so good now I am looking at nothing to upgrade.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • marvda1

Mastersound is really nice. Very nice. I would still love to own it. But I do not have a second setup yet. My first again is balls to the walls. Never divorced and married again. But I guess that will be what it is like. Haha

you could get the mastersound from me now , put it in the closet and you will have an amp for your second system :D
    Puritan PSM156
  • halen

Yes. S5 v2. Absolutely fantastic sounding. In fact, the stereo sounds so good now I am looking at nothing to upgrade.
    Have you tried a different amp on your magicos?

Pass Labs was my end game some time ago.

You wanna try another one?
  • BlueFox

Have you tried a different amp on your magicos?

Pass Labs was my end game some time ago.

You wanna try another one?

No. Not at this time. I am retired and love my stereo. I figure at this point I would just be chasing nuances in sound .

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • halen
    I have tried many tube amps.

My favorite was Unison Research. Very low class A watts. Mastersound was next.

But solid state. Pass Labs was my end game.

You must try out Norma. Just try it
  • halen
    Am just messing around. I got the vista amp to power a pair of Polk S15s. The setup will be for my garage.

Cheers!

kbzm31j8287s.jpeg
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Am just messing around. I got the vista amp to power a pair of Polk S15s. The setup will be for my garage.

Cheers!

kbzm31j8287s.jpeg

Those S15's are gonna sing!

Enjoy!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Nice to see you 2 hook up. Also good to see you spreading your musical wings again. Nice amp pal, congrats.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Wardsweb
    Wardsweb Posts: 903
    lbtln8bugc39.jpeg

You have been "Skipped"
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    I dunno, looks like Halen's daughter has the upper hand on Skip. Certainly she has the last word and is schooling him on cameras. You go kid !!!
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    She is very smart, and great personality
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,313
    I have tried many tube amps.

My favorite was Unison Research. Very low class A watts. Mastersound was next.

But solid state. Pass Labs was my end game.

You must try out Norma. Just try it

Agree on Norma. Very good sounding gear.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • marvda1
    Wardsweb wrote: »
    lbtln8bugc39.jpeg

You have been "Skipped"

haven't we all :D
    Puritan PSM156
  • halen
    edited February 2020
    I remembered that I had a Marantz player somewhere. Searched my entire home and could not locate it. I have no audio source to connect to. Haha.

Will have to settle with Laos Tobacco I got from Vietnam and imagine listening to Britney Spears greatest hits. Lol

v3gkg53vh5kr.jpeg