• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    Options
    Roommates bike.

0fqpx27uihr1.jpg
    onujbsnegr3j.jpg
    jwwy6y457rsh.jpg
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    edited November 2019
    Options
    My wife’s design handiwork....

My Father-in-law and my labor in building the counters, and then installing everything.....

qfea6vkn6xos.jpeg

PS we are NOT DONE, so I already know I need to sand/fill/paint the one section and redo the backsplash to continue it all the way down on the backside...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    Can I make a suggestion?
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    Building the counters......elaborate por favor.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    They appear to be epoxy coated.
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Can I make a suggestion?

You can..... but it’s already basically done lol
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • EndersShadow
    edited November 2019
    Options
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Building the counters......elaborate por favor.

The old ones were your normal Home Depot Builder grade.

We took those out, made our own templates and then built them out of MDF with 3/4 top and then strips underneath to provide a 1.5” lip. Then measure and cut the sink out.

Wife then prepped and epoxied them, and then we installed them, and the sink...
  • joecoulson
    Options
    Was just going to say, where you doubled in material on the edge for thickness, if you use Bondo for automotive, you will be able to get a great edge like the top surface. Otherwise over time it will start to separate. We build hundreds of MDF tops every year and use this all the time and MDF does not do well with any sort of paint on the ends without help.
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    Was just going to say, where you doubled in material on the edge for thickness, if you use Bondo for automotive, you will be able to get a great edge like the top surface. Otherwise over time it will start to separate. We build hundreds of MDF tops every year and use this all the time and MDF does not do well with any sort of paint on the ends without help.

Good to know, lol.... Bit late in the game unfortunately lol...

Does it make a difference if we used epoxy over primer?

She ran the epoxy down the edges not just over the top.
  • joecoulson
    Options
    Epoxy will help hold it together on the ends, however expect over time for the ends of the top to expand. Just humidity will do it.
    Looks great though.
  • EndersShadow
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Epoxy will help hold it together on the ends, however expect over time for the ends of the top to expand. Just humidity will do it.
    Looks great though.

Gotcha. We let it drip over all the sides and the 1.5 reveal is over the entire border, not just the front. This is also a short term solution.

We still want solid stone, just not where we can afford it right now lol....
  • mrbiron
    Options
    Not bad for a Computer nerd... >:)
  • mrbiron
    Options
    aiwub40fz5dd.jpeg
    The maiden voyage has begun...
    First wall has been framed in what I am predicting to be a 2 year project.
  • mrbiron
    Options
    la2vegas wrote: »
    aiwub40fz5dd.jpeg
    The maiden voyage has begun...
    First wall has been framed in what I am predicting to be a 2 year project.

2 year project? What's the hurry? :D

There isn’t one, until my wife decides she wants it done.
    If I didn’t have kids, more time would be devoted to the cause. Unfortunately, the little, uh, loves of my life, consume any free time that I stumble upon. Thus, a prediction of 2 years. Could be less, but could also be WAY more.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,027
    Options
    You can come up and do mine when you're finished ;)

• mrbiron
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    You can come up and do mine when you're finished ;)
    Too much snow...
  • EndersShadow
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Not bad for a Computer nerd... >:)

Hey.... shut it mASShole
  • mhardy6647
    edited December 2019
    Options
    The rebooted TWA terminal @ JFK: From back when the world was cool B)

49149768931_94d0a5233c_c.jpgTWA Hotel KJFK New York NY 2019 0013 by ✈ concord⁹⁷⁷, on Flickr

49149784706_4b4ca5b95c_c.jpgTWA Hotel KJFK New York NY 2019 0006 by ✈ concord⁹⁷⁷, on Flickr

49149283773_fff9f1bf2e_c.jpgTWA Hotel KJFK New York NY 2019 0011 by ✈ concord⁹⁷⁷, on Flickr

49149273428_0fe3beec61_c.jpgTWA Hotel KJFK New York NY 2019 0015 by ✈ concord⁹⁷⁷, on Flickr

Ol' Blue Eyes should be standin' next to that Connie, hat on and tipped at a jaunty angle.

hnzz93sqfgm1.png

• Muchieman
    Options
    718odjvimgrq.jpeg
    Blade Runner 2049 4K Ultra HD. Picked up a Sony 4K UHD Blu-ray player UBP-X700. Performs flawlessly! Really nice 4K player for under buck fifty.
  • Muchieman
    Options
    Rick88 wrote: »
    Muchieman wrote: »
    erch02dsewd5.jpg

cachqvc92u6r.jpeg

:p
    Rick88 wrote: »
    Muchieman wrote: »
    erch02dsewd5.jpg

cachqvc92u6r.jpeg

:p

lolo, I got home late last night from my Son’s home. I moved everything over to that audio rack. So that’s why there’s a rats nest behind my audio rack. I have some speaker cables coming in from Amazon. LCR speaker cable’s, Mediabridge 12AWG with the gold plated Bananas. That’s why I left the cable’s like that should be in by Wednesday of next week.
  • Muchieman
    Options
    g96we8imiu0x.jpg

Yeah doesn’t look good with that rats nest. lolo
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    I hope you have a serious sub for that movie, it deserves it.
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Options
    15r4a5e75fgn.png
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    ^^^ Genetic engineering has gone too far. It must be stopped.

B)
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,546
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Please pray for us. This winter is is going to be hard. Not sure we will make it here. On a real note, I hate FL weather. I miss real winters.

tr6zr20vpbtp.jpg
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options
    CH46E wrote: »
    Please pray for us. This winter is is going to be hard. Not sure we will make it here. On a real note, I hate FL weather. I miss real winters.

tr6zr20vpbtp.jpg

Oh you poor thing! Must be all walking around in parkas!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus