Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    Had to reset mine last night..
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    I had to reset mine also.
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    Same here...
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    yeah me too, and I forgot my new one so I can never log out again
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Had to reset mine as well. On the mobile phone too. So far so good.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,307
    edited November 2019
    I reset my password, and then received fortune emails from 6 Nigerian princes, and one princess looking for a new home.
    I disabled signatures.
  • @F1nut

Jesse, I received your email. I also had to reset my password to get back in. I'm not sure what the issue could be.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,707
    @F1nut

Jesse, I received your email. I also had to reset my password to get back in. I'm not sure what the issue could be.

Ken, by issue do you mean the reset request or that some people can't log back into their original accounts?

For those that cannot log back into their original accounts the reason is the email address they used originally is no longer.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Reset mine as well. Thanks for bringing this up F1.
    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down
    LSiM707 - 706c - 702f/x - Dual HSU VTF-15H Mk2
    Parasound HCA-3500 - HCA-2003A - Marantz SR7005
    Sim2 D60 - Dragonfly 106" Panny 500

• aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087

I had to change my password as well on 11/15/2019.

h0cchv517612.jpg
  • When I got that box, the name venturezr1 was already in there and I couldn't change it to original correct one oldrocker…

Oh well..
  • I had to reset my password and change my user name as well (I use to be 55LS70). Evidently, it couldn't associate my email address to my user name.
    Old Name: 55LS70Preamp: Decware CSP3 w/ 1 x Amperex 7308, 2 x Amperex 6922's, 1 x RCA 5R4GY Power Amp: Cary SLA Signature 2 X Mullard GZ32's, 2 X RCA 5691's, 4 X Tung Sol 6550 reissuesAnalog: Rega Planar 3 w/ P2000 motor, Deep Groove sub platter, Incognito tonearm wiring, JA Michell counterweight, Tangospinner feet, Dynavector 10 x 5 cartridge, Parks Audio Budgie Hybrid phono stage w/ 2 x BEL 6922's.Radio: HH Scott 330D tuner with HH Scott Type 335 multiplex. Both modified by Mapleshade.Digital: Marantz ND8006Speaker Cables: Kimber Kable 8TC'sSpeakers: Polk Audio LSIM 703'sInterconnects. Tuner: Audioquest Black Mamba II's, phono stage: Kimber Kable Hero's, PreAmp/Amp and Digital: Audioquest King Cobra"s
  • F1nut
    Just got the following in a text from treitz3.
    I am locked out too. It will not email me anything to resubmit a password. FYI...

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,892
    ventureZR1 wrote: »
    When I got that box, the name venturezr1 was already in there and I couldn't change it to original correct one oldrocker…

Oh well..
    Is it possible that you had a different e-mail address associated with oldrocker?

If so, that account may still be valid, but you’d need access to the e-mail in question to get the password reset link.
    Alea jacta est!
  • BlueBirdMusic here! Could not change password for my account. This “senojhrj1” came up associated with my email. None of my bookmarks etc show under this name.

HELP
  • Just reset mine. It took about 15 minutes to get a return e-mail from the website. Must be some form of security measure as I have seen this before on other websites.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    This is odd. I had to do the same 2 days ago, and just now found myself kicked out and having to log in again...
  • Kex wrote: »
    ventureZR1 wrote: »
    When I got that box, the name venturezr1 was already in there and I couldn't change it to original correct one oldrocker…

Oh well..
    Is it possible that you had a different e-mail address associated with oldrocker?

If so, that account may still be valid, but you’d need access to the e-mail in question to get the password reset link.

Nope, that name was templated in after I did the password reset.

It's all good, need to off my butt anyway instead of sitting here all day reading.. :D
  • I had to reset also
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    It's not just me then. I feel better. :)
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    edited November 2019
    lnj8o19h8287.jpg

Im having to renew my password EVERYTIME I log in. I'm starting to run out of passwords.
  • F1nut
    I think we need to have vanilla reset the forum to Friday morning before all this starting happening.

President of Club Polk

• Do it. Can’t miss out on that juicy right right SDA content.
    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down
    LSiM707 - 706c - 702f/x - Dual HSU VTF-15H Mk2
    Parasound HCA-3500 - HCA-2003A - Marantz SR7005
    Sim2 D60 - Dragonfly 106" Panny 500

• bbeacham
    bbeacham Posts: 141
    I can’t use my alias name since the domain I registered under years ago no longer is in business.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    I was able to put in and use my original password
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • I didn’t get the password message but in tried to start a thread last night and it didn’t show up. The third time I tried I say the massage that it wouldn’t post until approved. I was afraid I would wake up to a triple post but it must not have been approved.
  • F1nut
    I've reached out to someone that may be able to help. If successful it will likely be a few days before anything happens, so hang in there.

President of Club Polk

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Oh, well.
    I missed my chance to start over again with a new identity and a clean slate. The Polk witness protection program. :/
  • F1nut
    Ok gang, unfortunately some of you will have to start fresh with a new account.

Vanilla detected a vulnerability and issued a patch to fix it, which also involved password resets. I cannot answer why some have run into problems doing so or why some received a new user name without asking for one. The bottom line is there is no going back. I hope we don't lose anyone because of this, but as I understand it the problem was security related and the fix was intended to protect your information.

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    bbeacham wrote: »
    I can’t use my alias name since the domain I registered under years ago no longer is in business.

Bud, try a new account using Bluefox1 or the like as unfortunately it appears there is no hope in getting your original account back.

President of Club Polk